Acuative Employee Reviews

It's a job
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2016
Excellent, varied exposure training on wide spectrum of communication equipment and technologies.
A typical day at work could be anything and everything.
Company expects technicians to think on their feet and respond
to service emergencies anywhere in a 300 mile radius 24/7.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Never know what the next day holds
An Alright 'Starting' company
NOC (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 26, 2015
For the most part the companies not too bad for a starting job in the IT field but that's about it. The upper management seems to consist of non tech oriented people who don't know how to lead a IT company and have the 'butts in the chairs' mentality even though not a single department in the company can't be done from the comfort of your home. It's a good place to enter into the IT field before you jump ship to a better paying company with more mobility.
Pros
They'll pay for your certifications, the 'lower end' workers are pretty great people for the most part
Cons
'butts in the chair' mentality with little to no work at home time for most departments, very low pay (20% less than the average) for all non management positions.
On contract
Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Limited time and involvement with organization as this was a focused project with a small part of Acuative involved in a sub-contracted project for telecommunications delivery
Every work is a challenge and i love challenge
Field Network /Data Center Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2015
I work 80% at data center and 20% service calls. I love what I do because every job is a challenge and I love that. The most part that I love as a Field Tech is that the minimum supervision as my Boss trust me and I always get my job done safely and our clients are always satisfied. The only hardest part of my job is the long drives. I get along well with my peers and I always help others when needed and when my Boss permits me to assist.
Pros
Company Vehicle provided
Great workers, horrible management
Remediation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 1, 2015
The people at a working level are dedicated, strong and generally good to work woith. The management at this company cares little for workers and hires management that are certainly not customer or employees focused and care only about themselves.
Pros
co-workers
Entry Level at best!
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 12, 2015
The compensation for almost any position is 20% under the national average. The company cares more about employees getting certifications than their actual work ability. Management is lacking in the skills department, and sometimes is no where to be found. As my first IT job this company has put a bad taste in my mouth.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
good co-workers
Tier 1 LAN Support (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 17, 2015
the team there seemed to really hold teamwork at a high importance and there was a good amount of laid back attitude and helpful.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
very low pay
productive company
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJanuary 3, 2015
I work out of my home and have to drive to where I have to work throughout the day.

I have learned to troubleshoot servers, phone systems, routers, switches and other Cisco data center products.

The management is awesome, nice and always has my back

I have only met a hand full of workers with my company, because we are spread out among the U.S.

The hardest part of the job for me is the actual driving to some of the sites that I need to service within my area

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to solve complex problems for customers.
Schedule can be crazy, but I've enjoyed it
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMarch 7, 2014
Field work can have a very erratic schedule, but given that I'm in a more remote part of the country, it has allowed me time to spend with my young family whilst earning a living for them.

Acuative has provided with great benefits, opportunities for Certification advancement, and good work experience. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the company so far into my tenure there.
Pros
fantastic benefits
Cons
erratic schedule
Acuative is basically a sweat shop.
Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 10, 2013
Acuative is basically a sweat shop. The pay is average to below average and the leadership is basically a bunch of friends with no “real” leadership experience that live in the Wayne area of New Jersey that got together a many years ago to resell Cisco System gear.

There is a high turnover because most people leave within 2-3 months.

Acuative believes they offer a premium service which causes their pricing to be 30-50% higher than other similar service companies.

If you into working 50 hours a week, working in average working conditions and having management that is disrespectful then Acuative is for you.
Pros
the free coffee
Cons
to many to list
Great Experance
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  TEXASJune 25, 2012
Typical work day is unpredictable, but it is sure to be a 12hr day for 8hrs of pay and no breaks. It is a 24/7 operation and you are expected to be available 24/7 even if you have already worked consecutive long shifts "thy do try to let you rest". **This is not a complaint" this industry is all about service and reward, the only problem here is that the only reward is a job the next day.
The Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making the day a little better by fixing problems, and improving the customers operations. Most people here are very smart, hard working, and family oriented. Management is very Corporate..
Pros
training and experiences
Cons
no breaks, over worked, and no job security
Good working environment, nice work and life balance
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NJFebruary 29, 2012
Good place to work with friendly and nice people. Management is cooperative and helpful.
Pros
nice benefits and compensation package
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2012
It was a great job. Getting dispatched from home was convenient. I enjoyed the work, the pay and benefits were good.
Pros
dispatching from home, company provided work vechicle.
Cons
i got laid off.
Productive workplace
Warehouse / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 23, 2013
Most co-workers are always there to lend a hand.

It is very much appreciated the warehouse has air conditioning and heat, that was a big bonus.
Bad news
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 4, 2014
Acuative is bad news. Pay is low, turnover high. Worst company I ever worked for.

Comment – May 13, 2014

This company does not pay overtime for all hours worked. They expect you to work 20 hours a day and then not pay you overtime for it.

not so good
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 1, 2012
Bad Management set at home and when it was time to layoff they keep bad techs and let the good ones go
This company is not what it seems
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 10, 2012
If you are a perspective job candidate and you google this company and find their home page reading through it you would think wow this is some place. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors. The organization is run by a few main people. They really do not know what they are doing it all. This company is barely surviving, sales are down year over year. There is no advancement potential and raises are non existant. They recently took away the 401k company match, that tells you how bad they are hurting. They hire all these really smart people and pay OK money but then they give them tons of admin work to do. This is for the corporate side. The tech's get paid really bad and drive for hours and hours to get to sites. You are on call 24x7. The only way you should consider taking a position here is if you need a job desperately, then if you get it you should just keep looking until you find a good one, as this is not it. They do put up a good front, they will interview you multiple times and they do look somewhat professional but when you start and really see what is going on there, their true colors start to shine through and you say to yourself what did I get myself into here.

If you see reviews of this company that are positive, they are posted by their internal HR people. They do damage control everyday to try to stay ahead of all the negativity.

DO NOT WORK HERE, it is the worst company in the world.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about it.
Field Service Atlanta, GA
Field Service Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2014
The work is easy but management and overall company is the worst I have ever worked for. I was told the work hours are from 8am to 4:30pm, no true at all. You can get called at anytime. The dispatch would but a ticket in your route for you to be at a site at 6am and that is not overtime. After you have worked from 6am to 2pm, dispatch would but more tickets in your que for that day. Well you would say that is overtime, nope. The company takes 7.5 hours from your pay every week, that is almost a day of pay. 30min drive time to your first job, 30min from your last job, and 30min from your lunch no matter if you take it or not will be deducted from your day of pay each day. When you are close to overtime they will make you stay home. You are salary but they will not tell you that. I agree with others about the company is ran by a bunch of friends and they only care about their friends.
The company will tell you that you have six months to get your Cisco Certification Technician (CCT) and that will move you from $20.00/hr to $21.00/hr. Many people in the networking field knows CCT doesn't mean anything it is the CCNA that matters. CCNAs and CCNPs are paid $21.00/hr. The company uses the CCT just to keep Cisco as a vendor. As a tech you will go on a Cisco site just to change out parts in a router and leave, no command lines, no real configs, The company is a third party vendor for Cbeyond who just got bought out no work for Acuative. Do not fall for the hype like I did. I was laid off yesterday and it was the best day of my life.
Pros
van you can drive home
Cons
hours of work, gps on van, gps on cellphone, gps on handheld, pay

2.9