Acuity Brands Lighting Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAAugust 17, 2017
Omg I miss this place so much. Hate that they went out of business. What I loved the most about this job is we had fun while working in a team seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction. It was always a success. Great benefits!!!!
Work alot of overtime.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 5, 2017
They work alot of overtime. Need people who will do their jobs and care if they are done. You have a pick list for parts. They have locations in the racks. Pull the parts and amounts on the list. Then take to the line that are pulling for.
Pros
Breaks about every 2 hours.
Cons
The health insurance is price is high and that good either
Productive very nice people to work with friendly environment
Grinder/Welder (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 13, 2017
Productive very nice people to work with friendly environment.
I leaned to weld with a mig/tig.
Typical day at work can be stressful but also I most certainly enjoyed what I did.
Pros
Friendly people/environment
Cons
N/a
La empresa que trabaje. Fue muy buena.
Driver forklic (Former Employee) –  Driver forklitJuly 2, 2017
Ok una empresa muy solvente. Pero ya se mudó de Estado. Fue muy buena experiencia en acuity brand lighting.
Pros
Seguro médico. Bueno
Cons
Si abia tres descanso
Very Productive
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAJune 30, 2017
A fast paced job where it requires you to be quick in your head and hands. Very well trained by the supervisors and trainers. Making light fixtures would sound hesitant for a job to anyone, but the job is well worth the work.
OK, just OK
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 19, 2017
Like most engineers here I was not familiar with the lighting industry or the company name, so my introduction was my recruiter who was honestly really helpful. However I was interested in this role with the understanding between the interviewer and I that I would eventually be progressing to more design work and that the team would only be in its current facility for a month to two months longer... both of which were lies. To be fair, at least on our team, I feel as if pay is pretty decent in regards to most local companies but things have gotten more and more mundane as time has progressed and my career goals that we discussed seem further and further away. I have had all positive reviews, so this is not at all an angry retaliation to the company but I would be remiss if I were not honest in my disappointment in the lack of excitement, challenge, and growth. They have also been acquiring a lot of smaller companies in different parts of north america and it has caused more of a "political" challenge than anything else. Most teams only work Monday-Thursday, 10 hour days, but it's start to become apparent that this may be some strange way to make a thing to ask employees to work on that Friday "just to help out".
Pros
On campus cafeteria, free snacks, Fridays off
Cons
No Growth, Monotonous, Good Ol' Boy Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
Everyday comes with new challenges which I welcome. I learned to lead a small and large group of employees. I grew and leveled up in the company with hard work.
Pros
401k and healthcare
Need Better Management
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 31, 2017
Learning the tasks at hand that you had to do everyday was pretty easy. Lifting some of the BIG lights wasn't fun at all... I would come home everyday with muscle pains and my feet hurt also from standing on the concrete floors. They expected you to work overtime everyday including weekends. Some days I would walk in there and literally just stand around and do nothing and the group leader wouldn't even assign some of us something to do. It was as if he/she would play favorites. You also really have to get used to the people you are around to be able to like working there.
Pros
You start out at $12.30 and top out at $15.45 in 18 months
Cons
Management/Supervisors
Lean company with solid performance and compensation
BUYER/PLANNER - DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2017
Expect to have limited work life balance however the job is challenging in a good way and you will be compensated well.
Management is very good and internal growth is available however can be somewhat political.
It is a job.
Assembler and Tester, Electronics (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 27, 2017
I assembled units standing on my feet 40-50 hours a week. I learned a lot on this job such as how to assemble units, soldering, testing and packing. The hardest part was the long hours and lifting heavy objects. I enjoyed working with the people on this job.
Cons
Long hours little pay
Employees are the key
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 30, 2017
Most the employees are helpful and welcoming. If you need help we all help each other as a team. Needs better management team that acts upon safety and not just talks about it. You learn the job by asking one another.
Pros
Employees are welcoming and helpful
Cons
Short on equipment
Work people like slaves, which makes people not care
Welder (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMarch 25, 2017
Working seven days a week, with no solutions to get us out of overtime. Management doesn't care because the more parts you get, the more bonus theyget
Cons
Poor communication with hourly employees, too much overtime, poor management
Not a bad company if you have no life outside of work.
Production Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, IN 47933March 19, 2017
This company isn't hard work but there is no balance between work and home. The overtime is never ending and you don't have an option to request time off.
Something like Google
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 3, 2017
I worked in the engineering department. The building is brand new. there are conference rooms with hammocks and bean bag chairs. Just an awesome place to work.
Pros
free drinks and snacks, work out room, sleep pod.
Cons
Not a fan of Atlanta, people always came and went.
Great people great environment
Senior Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Excellent benefits, good working environment, good supervision, good management, good support team, hardest part of job was this job needed several support personnel but was limited to myself, the enjoyable part was working with good people who understood that 1 person support was a rough assignment but being a professional made support of 500 plus users possible.
Pros
good year end bonuses
Cons
to much work for 1 support person
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Good opportunities for professional growth
Life Balance: long working hours
Compensation: Above average
Nice people
Always hiring op people
A challenging work environment with a wide range of experience
Electrical Engineer, Technician Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Working with a wide range of different customers and a wide range of challenges. Chances to do everything from development to testing new products and customer solutions.
Pros
Freedom to develop new products and customer solutions.
Cons
Company doesn't pay enough for the work you put in.
Results Driven Company
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  CarlisleJanuary 22, 2017
It's a decent place to work. Most of the employees are friendly and helpful. Very lean environment with management and staff. There is mandatory overtime.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
very lean management
i loved working there
Group lead/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA 17013November 30, 2016
over worked and under paid, they over work you, and do not want to pay more, there group leads don't make the same amount of money and isn't fair
Entergentic work enviorment
Material Handler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INNovember 25, 2016
Intensive amount of walking. Job required physical walking and lifting. Reported and quality inspected lighting fixtures.