Acuity Brands Lighting Employee Reviews

Sometimes its slow and sometimes its busy
Surface Mount Technician (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 12, 2017
It's hard to make a schedule around the hours when its slow. Sometimes its very busy and the next week its slow. It is never consistent. As a technician I feel we deserve more pay with the type of work and skills it takes to do our job
Pros
We are Union
Cons
Poor bennefits
very stressful
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 9, 2017
never know if your going to have a job day to day twice year lay offs management only out to protect themselves no back up from upper management staff
job was eliminated
Senior Software .NET Mobil Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 4, 2017
my job was eliminated / reduction in workforce.
I work hard and was not appreciated because of my new immediate project manager. She was not bright and made all my day very hard by sending many many emails per minute and did not appreciated my problem solving methods even though every program I touched and worked on was functioning as desired with no production issues.
Good place to work.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 26, 2017
Intense culture. Growing industry and lots of opportunity. Smart associates. Lots of acquisition activity. Good sales structure and support. Great financial team support.
Forklift Operator and Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GASeptember 22, 2017
Working at Acuity Brands Lighting was a good time, the first job I had after retiring from the military. My supervisor helped me a lot with my transition from the military to civilian culture. Coworkers were helpful and willing to help. Management was ready for the changes developing with new products and supportive of their employees
Constant shifting of priorities
Material Handling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 30, 2017
In the 10 months that I worked at Acuity, I had 4 different manager and they tripled the size of the work force only to discover that a computer glitch caused them to over produce 3 years worth of product. After the glitch was discover, 80% of the workforce was laid-off.
Pros
Paid very well. treated well when Laid-off
Cons
Complete Chaos
Management was no good
Paint setup (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 30, 2017
Management was no good they had certain people they would cater too all the time and give them what they wanted or needed instead of moving them around like they did everyone else they would keep them in certain areas if they didn't like the job they were doing
Productive and fun place to work.
Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAAugust 17, 2017
Omg I miss this place so much. Hate that they went out of business. What I loved the most about this job is we had fun while working in a team seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction. It was always a success. Great benefits!!!!
Work alot of overtime.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 5, 2017
They work alot of overtime. Need people who will do their jobs and care if they are done. You have a pick list for parts. They have locations in the racks. Pull the parts and amounts on the list. Then take to the line that are pulling for.
Pros
Breaks about every 2 hours.
Cons
The health insurance is price is high and that good either
Productive very nice people to work with friendly environment
Grinder/Welder (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 13, 2017
Productive very nice people to work with friendly environment.
I leaned to weld with a mig/tig.
Typical day at work can be stressful but also I most certainly enjoyed what I did.
Pros
Friendly people/environment
Cons
N/a
La empresa que trabaje. Fue muy buena.
Driver forklic (Former Employee) –  Driver forklitJuly 2, 2017
Ok una empresa muy solvente. Pero ya se mudó de Estado. Fue muy buena experiencia en acuity brand lighting.
Pros
Seguro médico. Bueno
Cons
Si abia tres descanso
Very Productive
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAJune 30, 2017
A fast paced job where it requires you to be quick in your head and hands. Very well trained by the supervisors and trainers. Making light fixtures would sound hesitant for a job to anyone, but the job is well worth the work.
OK, just OK
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 19, 2017
Like most engineers here I was not familiar with the lighting industry or the company name, so my introduction was my recruiter who was honestly really helpful. However I was interested in this role with the understanding between the interviewer and I that I would eventually be progressing to more design work and that the team would only be in its current facility for a month to two months longer... both of which were lies. To be fair, at least on our team, I feel as if pay is pretty decent in regards to most local companies but things have gotten more and more mundane as time has progressed and my career goals that we discussed seem further and further away. I have had all positive reviews, so this is not at all an angry retaliation to the company but I would be remiss if I were not honest in my disappointment in the lack of excitement, challenge, and growth. They have also been acquiring a lot of smaller companies in different parts of north america and it has caused more of a "political" challenge than anything else. Most teams only work Monday-Thursday, 10 hour days, but it's start to become apparent that this may be some strange way to make a thing to ask employees to work on that Friday "just to help out".
Pros
On campus cafeteria, free snacks, Fridays off
Cons
No Growth, Monotonous, Good Ol' Boy Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
Everyday comes with new challenges which I welcome. I learned to lead a small and large group of employees. I grew and leveled up in the company with hard work.
Pros
401k and healthcare
Need Better Management
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 31, 2017
Learning the tasks at hand that you had to do everyday was pretty easy. Lifting some of the BIG lights wasn't fun at all... I would come home everyday with muscle pains and my feet hurt also from standing on the concrete floors. They expected you to work overtime everyday including weekends. Some days I would walk in there and literally just stand around and do nothing and the group leader wouldn't even assign some of us something to do. It was as if he/she would play favorites. You also really have to get used to the people you are around to be able to like working there.
Pros
You start out at $12.30 and top out at $15.45 in 18 months
Cons
Management/Supervisors
Lean company with solid performance and compensation
BUYER/PLANNER - DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2017
Expect to have limited work life balance however the job is challenging in a good way and you will be compensated well.
Management is very good and internal growth is available however can be somewhat political.
It is a job.
Assembler and Tester, Electronics (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 27, 2017
I assembled units standing on my feet 40-50 hours a week. I learned a lot on this job such as how to assemble units, soldering, testing and packing. The hardest part was the long hours and lifting heavy objects. I enjoyed working with the people on this job.
Cons
Long hours little pay
Employees are the key
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 30, 2017
Most the employees are helpful and welcoming. If you need help we all help each other as a team. Needs better management team that acts upon safety and not just talks about it. You learn the job by asking one another.
Pros
Employees are welcoming and helpful
Cons
Short on equipment
Work people like slaves, which makes people not care
Welder (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMarch 25, 2017
Working seven days a week, with no solutions to get us out of overtime. Management doesn't care because the more parts you get, the more bonus theyget
Cons
Poor communication with hourly employees, too much overtime, poor management
Not a bad company if you have no life outside of work.
Production Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, IN 47933March 19, 2017
This company isn't hard work but there is no balance between work and home. The overtime is never ending and you don't have an option to request time off.