Acuity Brands Lighting Employee Reviews

Basic manufacturing job
Manufactoring Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INNovember 1, 2016
Other than the excessive hours it was pretty much what is expected for this type of job. Hours were irregular and pay is not up to par.
Good company
Group Leader, SET UP MASTER (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 14, 2016
They were many years working for this company, MANY SKILLS LEARNED which I will be very useful in my future , I met very nice people very understandable and AMABLES HEADS
Quality assurance in manufactry
Quality Control and Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Team leader in assembly line over 6 months
follow the deadline in each product
control the line and follow the dispatch
quality assurance to check all the products after 6 months
work on Create new order and create the fit wire diagrams
Horrible Organization
Warehouse Supervisor (Union) (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 26, 2016
Upper management got rid of managers to have incompetent group leads to run the floor. Trying to save money. Company discriminates against African American people.
productive and fun
Material Operator/Customer Care/M.A.T (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at Acuity would always make sure the line was set and ready to run. I've learned that you have to be organized in order to run properly. Management needs a little work. The hardest part of the job was to make sure all the parts where in to clear orders to stay running and the co-workers stay busy on the line. I enjoyed my job and the co-workers.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
the management needs work
Solutions Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 1, 2016
Lots of organizational changes and consolidations
They try their best to make it a good working environment.
Not much else to say.
A great company in the process of expansion
Group Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  3 Kilmer Rd Edison NJMay 26, 2016
A great company where I grew up as a professional and help in its growth, I feel honored to work and lead my teammates, with some problems
Not a great place to work if you value a good work/life balance
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 24, 2016
This company has taught me so much. The demand is incredible though.The hours are long and there isn't a good work/family balance I'm thankful for the opportunity that I had but this was not the company for me with small children. My career is very important but my family will always come first.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
very long hours and very low job security
Lots of overtime
Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 23, 2016
Steady place to work great dayshift hours, however management changes very frequently... meaning new and different rules all the time... employee opinions really never matter. GREAT PAY THOUGH!
Pros
Great start out pay
Cons
Strictigant breaks
Great company overall, groups in the company could use improvement
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 2, 2016
Acuity Brands is a awesome company that is growing at a rapid pace. The pay is competitive and the facilities are nice. The culture and consistency within management and certain leadership positions often leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the employees along with a lost sense of direction for growth within the company.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of direction from management. No sense of job security.
Large company still working like small company
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 27, 2016
The company is too focused on LEAN and where they want to be that they are not staffing for where they are. Focus needs to be shifted back to quality and meeting the needs of their customers. There are too many meetings to be effective.

The people are nice to work with.
Cons
little work life balance
Good place to work with an abundance of different people.
Residential Tech Support/Warrant Advocate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 23, 2015
A good place to work with supportive management. I worked the for the company for many years, excellent pay, benefits and room for advancement.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Fast pace, must be willing to except change.
A well appreciated employment opportunity
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAOctober 30, 2015
The Acuity Brands Lighting Production Facility, located in Cochran GA, is the site of the former,"Lithonia Lighting", facility. Lithonia Lighting is now a division of Acuity Lighting Group, Inc.. For almost forty years, this production facility offered fair employment opportunities to hundreds of middle Georgia residents, over a thousand employees at peak expansion. Management and labor sustained a strong and well structured relationship.
Pros
overtime opportunities, breakfast and lunch cafeteria
Cons
Plant closing
Assembly Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work was assembled light fixtures.

I learned how to read light balances for the light fixtures.

Your co-workers was good

The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
Cons
Need a better nurse for the workers without an attitude
Great industry leading company
Sourcing Analyst - Sourcing & Procurement (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2015
The company is the industry leader and continues to evolve. In the competitive lighting world, Acuity continues to shine and innovate.
CNC operator/ material fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAJune 10, 2015
Typical day starts with breakfast with the boss and talk about tasks of the day, work was professional and we always dis the job right, pay was decent depending on jobs.
very mismanaged company
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 28, 2015
This company is misnamed , Acuity means to be clear and if there's one thing company don't have it's that. Management is the worse I have ever dealt with. Virtually it's a free for all in blame and accountability. They hire mechanical engineers but no electrical engineers. Buyer planners are left in the dark and Management sit in their offices and look how to blame failures on the buyer planners and group leaders. If group leaders have problems with operators they are told to deal with it or get disqualified. Group leaders and operators are both union employees and the group leaders cannot discipline or even tell operators what to do. Now the union is worthless. Stewards do nothing in protecting the union members unless they are friends. The union takes monies for dues and yet do nothing. Seniority don't mean anything and you are left helpless. The company went to lean manufacturing and skipped so many steps that it is failing and they are too blind to see it. The company blankets overtime and you are stuck working 12 hr days plus weekends. They don't care about families.I am looking to move on and out from this wrecked company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No management bad processes
fun and productive place to work
Wire Spider/Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving TxMarch 23, 2015
Productive and fun workplace, good co-workers and supervisors, clean and safety place good salary and schedule works hours
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed the job, but company careless about you.
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 1, 2015
A huge company that doesn't really care about their employees, all numbers to them. Always who you know not what you know or knowledge.
Pros
Enjoyed my co-wokers
Cons
You care a number to the company ony.
I've learned a lot while I've working here.
current employee (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INFebruary 27, 2015
There is always the chance to advance here. You just have to sign the bids. The problem is you have to be careful where you go because you want to watch where they are working the overtime. If you don't want to work the overtime then you want to make sure you get a department that isn't working too much overtime, but almost all departments work 10-12 hour days along with 6 days a week. Especially in the summer.
Pros
advancement
Cons
overtime - no time for family