Acuity Brands

Acuity Brands United States Employee Reviews

Creating a process focus culture, building people before product
Sensor Switch, Factory Focus Manager (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
- mentor supervisors/leads
- learned that it is all about the people and creating culture around team work
- manager of supervisors and tech support
- work closely in trying to develop team culture with co-workers
Acuity was a great company to work for.
Lead Fabrication Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Cochran, GAJanuary 5, 2015
My job was to fabricate the parts needed by the assembly department to produce light fixtures. I learned a lot about CNC turret and punch presses. When the job became challenging, my co-workers and I would pull together as a team to meet the challenge.
Acuity Brands (dba Hydrel) was a fantastic rewarding place to work
dba Hydrel (Former Employee), Sylmar, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: employer to employee engagement. specialized lighting products
Cons: long days
Hydrel was in constant Continual Improvment mode. The opportunity to learn and mentor Lean Manufacuring and Toyota Production systems was exteremely rewarding and profitable.
Typiccal
Distribution Attendant/ Forklift operator (Current Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2014
This company is a good place to work for to get ahead in life, good pay. Good people, but if you want a future its not the greatest place to advance.
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Care Associate/ Admin Assistant II (Current Employee), SacramentoAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, nice pay, friendly coworkers, casual warehouse office enviornment
Cons: very demanding, high turnaround
I enjoy my position with Acuity Brands. I've learned so much about the private sector and industrial processes. Management are very knowledgeable and well equipped to handle employee concerns. My co-workers are all friendly and great team players. The hardest part of my job is having to wear several hats within my facility, but in doing that, I gain a broad knowledge of all departments in the company. I enjoy learning new things and being able to assist in all areas and departments.
Internship for the Lab in Acuity Brands
Lab Intern at Acuity Brands for Jim Hospodarsky (Former Employee), Conyers, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: worked in an engineering building and seen what it was like to have that line of work
Cons: no cons
As an intern for Acuity Brands my job was to take the hard copies of the light fixture tests and scan them using a copier and email that scan to myself and then place that test in its proper place in the companies online test data place.
Job
Highreach Operator (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 4, 2014
Maintained 14 or more stops an hour.
Wrapped every pallet with corner boards and top cover.
Started and finished full trucks loads while picking the product by hand
Unloaded freight from trucks and placed pallets in proper location using forklift
Certified Highreach Operator
Used RF System to scan locations
Standard corporation heavy with unproductive politics
N/A (Current Employee), N/AJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: outstanding pay and benefits. excellent support on informational decks
Cons: too many disruptive changes in mid stream, most just for change sake and nonproductive. negative corporate atmosphere.
Morning review yesterday's shipments and accomplishments with floor staff. Work on KPI's….work on 90day plans…review Kaizen results and goals. Do Gemba walk with leadership staff…review progress. Work on KPI's. Work through lunch. Second Gemba walk alone. Update 5S and other cell data. Work on KPI's. Check on shipping progress at days end. Work on KPI's. Lock-up

I learned a lot more about LEAN manufacturing detail than I knew before.

Management was very strong locally but the matrix management structure was weak and caused friction throughout the departments. Basically, the matrix management process slowed down progress.

My Co-workers were constantly concerned about their jobs to the point where reasonable risks were not taken.

The hardest part of the job was meeting unnecessary impossible goals that really didn't matter much and took away from the goals that were important like shipping and cost.

Accomplishing shipping and cost goals.
Nice place to work.
Graphic Production Artist - Contractor (Current Employee), Conyers, GADecember 10, 2013
I like the environment. People are friendly and there is plenty of activities for the employees.
Great place to work if all you want to do is work.
Buyer Planner (Former Employee), CrawfordsvilleJune 17, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: to many hours, family life suffers
Long hours, 60+ hours a week as a Buyer Planner. No team work, and if you're a woman forget about any type of advancement.
Great workplace , developing on latest .Net technologies
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2013
This is a great place to work.
I work on end to end development of a .net application.
Production and quality work required daily
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Cochran, GASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: rewards for job well done
Cons: pension plan not suitable
Being to work on time,Being productive ,Respecting others ,getting along well with others. Finishihg work orders on time.