Acuity Brands Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive day with co-worker assembling products.
Material handler and Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 23, 2015
Overall this is a great company to work for. I have gained a tons of experience. And now I want to take what I've learned to the next level.
A typical day
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAOctober 16, 2015
The work itself was not that hard to learn if trained correctly. The workplace was typical as any other. Some of the supervisors were not people friendly at times. For the area the pay was good and benefits were good. Before the closing the work became very tedious and heavy lifting. Some of the production goals were not inline with the assembly requirements to perfect good quality work.
Pros
People that I worked with
Cons
Communication with supervisors
Produce Lights
Production Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GASeptember 18, 2015
was a high production work place with good people learned how to word with people enjoy many years with them was a manufacturing plant with a fabrication and paint department and management supported you
Pros
great work relationship with everone
Productive and Flexible Work Place
Project & Quotation Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 6, 2015
Excellent place to work. Management very conscious of your family time but you need to be productive. Everyday you learn something new.
Excellent lighting products, poor IT practices
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2015
Acuity is the largest North American lighting company for a reason--their products are excellent. But their IT support team is a mess, primarily because there are no functional sponsors for any of the projects that are undertaken.
Great place to work, laid back atmosphere
Lead Graphic Production Editor & Artist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 17, 2015
I contracted for Acuity Brands for about 8 months. The management was laid back, but professional. Always had a project to work on, worked 9-10 hour days, but we got Fridays off! Loved the culture at Acuity. Very productive and goal driven.
Pros
Friday's off!
Cons
Creating a process focus culture, building people before product
Sensor Switch, Factory Focus Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
- mentor supervisors/leads
- learned that it is all about the people and creating culture around team work
- manager of supervisors and tech support
- work closely in trying to develop team culture with co-workers
Acuity was a great company to work for.
Lead Fabrication Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAJanuary 5, 2015
My job was to fabricate the parts needed by the assembly department to produce light fixtures. I learned a lot about CNC turret and punch presses. When the job became challenging, my co-workers and I would pull together as a team to meet the challenge.
Acuity Brands (dba Hydrel) was a fantastic rewarding place to work
dba Hydrel (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CASeptember 18, 2014
Hydrel was in constant Continual Improvment mode. The opportunity to learn and mentor Lean Manufacuring and Toyota Production systems was exteremely rewarding and profitable.
Pros
employer to employee engagement. specialized lighting products
Cons
long days
Typiccal
Distribution Attendant/ Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2014
This company is a good place to work for to get ahead in life, good pay. Good people, but if you want a future its not the greatest place to advance.
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Care Associate/ Admin Assistant II (Current Employee) –  SacramentoAugust 10, 2014
I enjoy my position with Acuity Brands. I've learned so much about the private sector and industrial processes. Management are very knowledgeable and well equipped to handle employee concerns. My co-workers are all friendly and great team players. The hardest part of my job is having to wear several hats within my facility, but in doing that, I gain a broad knowledge of all departments in the company. I enjoy learning new things and being able to assist in all areas and departments.
Pros
great benefits, nice pay, friendly coworkers, casual warehouse office enviornment
Cons
very demanding, high turnaround
Internship for the Lab in Acuity Brands
Lab Intern at Acuity Brands for Jim Hospodarsky (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 23, 2014
As an intern for Acuity Brands my job was to take the hard copies of the light fixture tests and scan them using a copier and email that scan to myself and then place that test in its proper place in the companies online test data place.
Pros
worked in an engineering building and seen what it was like to have that line of work
Cons
no cons
Job
Highreach Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 4, 2014
Maintained 14 or more stops an hour.
Wrapped every pallet with corner boards and top cover.
Started and finished full trucks loads while picking the product by hand
Unloaded freight from trucks and placed pallets in proper location using forklift
Certified Highreach Operator
Used RF System to scan locations
Nice place to work.
Graphic Production Artist - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 10, 2013
I like the environment. People are friendly and there is plenty of activities for the employees.
Great place to work if all you want to do is work.
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  CrawfordsvilleJune 17, 2013
Long hours, 60+ hours a week as a Buyer Planner. No team work, and if you're a woman forget about any type of advancement.
Pros
its a job
Cons
to many hours, family life suffers
Great workplace , developing on latest .Net technologies
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2013
This is a great place to work.
I work on end to end development of a .net application.
Production and quality work required daily
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GASeptember 7, 2012
Being to work on time,Being productive ,Respecting others ,getting along well with others. Finishihg work orders on time.
Pros
rewards for job well done
Cons
pension plan not suitable