Acuity Brands Employee Reviews

Very Productive environment
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 27, 2017
Good place to work if you get hired on job will be around for a long time. Good people to work with but not a lot of opportunity to take care of you or personal business on mid shift. Not a good shift if you have small children you like spending time with.
Pros
wages, job security, and union protected
Cons
short breaks, consumes most of your day
Very compensating and highly rewarding
Assembler - 40 (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 26, 2017
This job is where I have received most of my experience with team work. I worked on a factory assembly line and had to learn how to function with my fellow co-workers to retain efficiency and solve problems. A typical day here would be a non-stop 10 hour shift in which the mood was pleasant and conversational, but never at the expense of productivity. I most enjoyed working as part of a team and the roughest part of the job was that sometimes, the 10 hour work shift would become a bit tiring.
Pros
Good Pay, Great Teamwork Skills, Problem solving experience
Productive, steady paced
wire cell worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 17, 2017
I particularly liked the fact that there were set hours to work, with additional overtime if wanted. I basically learned what factory work is, what it is to do a repetitive job over and over. Overall, I enjoyed the work and liked my coworkers.
Pros
Hours, lunch break, periodic breaks throughout day
senior b level associate
SENIOR ASSOCAITE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
lead in the training of a level associates. Organize task with the supervisor, perform lead tasks when lead is out , or if lead is assuming supervory role.
Great company
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 31, 2016
Acuity brands is a great place to work. Work environment is great and employees are friendly. They go above and beyond to get you the training you need to succeed.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Job can be very stressful at times
Very Team Oriented
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHDecember 12, 2016
The Sales Team (Holophane Division) I supported was and is the BEST in the Ligjting Business. The job was demanding and very stressful at times, however was also very rewarding.
Pros
Co-workers, Great Pay, Casual Dress
Cons
Unobtainable stretch goals set by Sr Management
environment
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 24, 2016
The people are great, the management is lacking. They are willing to let people go on a whim and not hire in someone to fill that position so it became increasingly more work for those around them and never slacked off.
Good workplace but the management
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 28, 2016
There is no place to grow professionally talking. There is some rumors that the company is moving to Mexico.
Is a lighting company with so many different products like sensors, switches, relays etc.
productive, fun workplace with doughnuts every friday
Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 11, 2016
It's a good place to work for, and the wage is not too bad compared to other places in town. Safety is priority and then 5s.
Pros
free doughnuts every friday, long breaks
Cons
no pay lunch break, and some areas of building can be warm/hot
Its a job and thats about it..
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJune 29, 2016
This place has a plentiful amount of mandatory overtime. Get ready to see that your line is working 12 hours all week long including occasional Saturdays. You will be posted from 6:30 to 7:00 all the time. They won't let you go until your goals have been met. Even then if you finish early they'll give you another order to start on until they're satisfied in which they hardly ever are. Higher ups and supervisors only care about self gain and receiving all the bonus checks they can get in their pockets. They do not give a d**n about their employees. You're nothing but a number to them. Have a family or friends? Say goodbye to having a life. You'll do nothing but live for working in this s**t hole. Over all very low employee moral in this place. Management needs an overhaul. It's decent pay but that's about it. You've been warned..
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Bad Management
Long hours / no work family balance
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJune 21, 2016
I hired as a Buyer/Planner in 2010. They have been running ads for Buyer/Planner jobs nonstop since then. What's that tell you? 12+ hours per day and still not able to get everything done. Never happier to leave a company.
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Work environment leaves you set up to fail, Corporate cares nothing about employees, basically lied about work schedule and long hours during intrview
Does not value their employees
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2016
Unethical work environment. Despite working 12+ hour days in a warehouse next to the trash collection doors working in 32 degree weather, unprotected from the elements, salaried staff still guilted for not putting in the hours. Building was not built suitable for power source, so constant loss of power. Material handlers not properly trained, then blamed for unsafe working conditions. Only $40k daily sales despite $2million in excess inventory not organized in the business system making identifying necessary raw materials for production nearly impossible
Pros
Paid the bills
Cons
No work life balance, unsafe working conditions, sub par business management
Not the worst place to work, but deffinitely not the best.
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 26, 2016
I cannot comment on any other department other than the one I worked in. Although I was brought in and told that they like to promote from within, that was not what I saw. At first, I was very excited to work for a growing company within the lighting industry. After working there for 6+ months, it became evident that although they touted loving new ideas, that was actually not the case. New procedures came down to us to change something "effective two days ago" without any notice and seemingly without thought into what effects the changes would have in our daily work lives. The morale there was atrocious because some people were let go without any notice whatsoever every so often. There was a change in upper management once every 8 months or something like that and many people would get fired and then others would get hired and want to change different aspects of what we would do. As much money as the company continued to bring in (always touted "better than the year before!"), none of it ever went into getting us more training or updating our work station equipment let alone our salaries. Most people who managed our group were expected to work crazy late and/or early hours from home if they didn't get everything done during the day - regardless of whether or not the workload was really heavy and should have been spread around more. Although I did learn quite a bit there, I would not want to work for them again. If you are considering a similar position there, I would inquire about their high turnover rate.
Pros
Nice coworkers, plenty to learn, it was a paying job
Cons
Very typical "corporate" environment, do not value hard-working employees, terrible department morale
Lack of initiative
Electronics Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAFebruary 15, 2016
Total lack of a continuous improvement environment throughout the organization. Poor communications. Complete lack of established procedures.
Pros
Cons
read review
Productive place to work
Hanger (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Going in at 11pm to a light company was very interesting, I learned how to paint and hang light fixtures with the help of an awesome management team I was provided with full training sessions to help me get familiar with my job. I was 18 at the time and I was surrounded by co-workers who had been employed there for more than a decade so they were very experienced with the job but they welcomed me and took the time out to show me how to make my job easier. The hardest part of my job was being on probation for 6mons and trying to be a fast paced learner that was my first job so it was very challenging but the most enjoyable part was making great money at a young age and having outstanding benefits.
Fun and Productive day with co-worker assembling products.
Material handler and Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 23, 2015
Overall this is a great company to work for. I have gained a tons of experience. And now I want to take what I've learned to the next level.
A typical day
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GAOctober 16, 2015
The work itself was not that hard to learn if trained correctly. The workplace was typical as any other. Some of the supervisors were not people friendly at times. For the area the pay was good and benefits were good. Before the closing the work became very tedious and heavy lifting. Some of the production goals were not inline with the assembly requirements to perfect good quality work.
Pros
People that I worked with
Cons
Communication with supervisors
Produce Lights
Production Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cochran, GASeptember 18, 2015
was a high production work place with good people learned how to word with people enjoy many years with them was a manufacturing plant with a fabrication and paint department and management supported you
Pros
great work relationship with everone
Productive and Flexible Work Place
Project & Quotation Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 6, 2015
Excellent place to work. Management very conscious of your family time but you need to be productive. Everyday you learn something new.
Excellent lighting products, poor IT practices
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2015
Acuity is the largest North American lighting company for a reason--their products are excellent. But their IT support team is a mess, primarily because there are no functional sponsors for any of the projects that are undertaken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acuity Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

66%