SERVICE ADVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title of Immediate Supervisors: Service Director
JOB REQUIREMENTS: You must have Service Advisor experience or have been in the automotive field. Honda or Acura experience a plus.
Summary: The Service Advisor is responsible for parts and service sales on the Service Drive and for proper handling of service customers. By his/her actions, the Service Advisor influences the volume of service business done and plays a key role in assuring customer satisfaction. The Service Advisor is responsible for writing a repair order that complies with the rules and regulations of the Bureau of Automotive Repair and the policies and procedures of the dealership.
Physical and Mental Requirements: The job requires the use of computers, computer software, the telephone and a ten-key. Also, it requires working in varying temperature conditions, driving vehicles, walking through the shop from time to time to discuss issues with the technicians, and sitting and standing for long periods of time. The service advisor must at times be able to lift 5-20 lbs. The job requires multiple skills including adequate technical knowledge, good people relations and selling ability, good communication skills and the ability to prepare repair orders as well as possess excellent typing skills. To be successful, a Service Advisor must be able to multi-task and remain professional. Good communication and human relations skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and team members in high stress situations is essential.
Essential Job Functions: To do the job satisfactorily, the employee must fulfill all the following key job elements:
1. HANDLE CUSTOMERS PROMPTLY AND CORRECTLY
2. WRITE COMPLETE, CORRECT REPAIR ORDERS
3. MAINTAIN NECESSARY PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
4. DEMONSTRATE PROFESSIONAL PERSONAL BEHAVIOR
5. FOLLOW UP ON CUSTOMER WORK AND HANDLE PHONES PROMPTLY AND PROFESSIONALLY
6. PERFORM OTHER TASKS AS DIRECTED BY SERVICE MANAGEMENT
7. HANDLE INCOMING PHONE CALLS AND MAKE APPOINTMENTS.
8. MUST HAVE GOOD SELLING SKILLS
9. PREVIOUS ACURA OR HONDA EXPERIENCE A PLUS
10. ADP EXPERIENCE A PLUS
11. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK SATURDAYS
Please reply to this posting only. There are no walk ins or phone calls!