Acxiom

Acxiom Employer Reviews

There are many good people there and their work ethics are exceptional.
Production Control analyst (Former Employee), Downers Grove, IllinoisMarch 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no security, terrible management, people are placed in positions based on popularity rather than their ability.
If the present management was replaced Acxiom could be one of the better places to work.
Providence is a leading health care provider in Oregon, Washington and California. Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic healthcar
Pl/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Portland,ORMarch 26, 2014
● Gathered the Requirement from the business user and prepared the program specification and design document for the development of the CEMR Application.
● Involved in analyzing the root cause for the missing data and providing the missing data from the Extracts for Testing.
● Extensively worked in providing updated records of the patients on weekly – more... basis by comparing the with the previously-Exported patients records.
● Involved in keeping track of previously-Exported patients and archived them for future reference purpose.
● Involved in writing Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Packages, Cursors, Dynamic SQLs, Views and data loading using TOAD and SQL Loader utility for new/enhance requirements.
● Designed the forms for front end interface for the users using Forms 6i.
● Developed number of Reports like parameterized reports, cross tab reports, and sub reports according to the client requirement using Reports 6i.
● Created the custom tables to import the Patient’s data and insert into the database tables.
● Extracted the data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target Data warehouse using SSIS.
● Experience in ETL and data integration experience in developing ETL mappings and scripts using SSIS services.
● Extensively used DTS package in Migration of the data from the previous timesheet database in SQL Server database to Oracle 10g.
● Extensively involved in tuning the queries and applying hints for faster and better performance of the SQL queries.
● Used Perl Scripting in moving the files faster to the Archive folders.
● Used FTP to transfer the files into different servers as per needed by the business users.
● Involved in preparing BRD, functional document, user document, process flow diagram and flow charts.
● Involved in preparing test plans, unit testing, System integration testing, implementation and maintenance. – less
nothing special
staff (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great paid days off policy
Cons: everything else
New hires start off with 3 weeks paid time off. 15+ year veterans get almost 7 weeks paid time off. Nothing else special about the Downers Grove campus. Morale is terribly low, lay-offs take place during the middle of the work day. No advance notice is given, they just visit you at your desk and tell you to leave. Terrible work/life balance, EVERYONE – more... is on call. Some folks put in 100+ hour weeks on a regular basis.

If you end up on the "wrong" team, you will be expected to learn how to support Acxiom-specific/proprietary technology without any training. If you ask certain people for help with these proprietary things, they will tell you to "google it" - fully knowing google will not help. There is a culture in some areas where folks are very protective of knowledge, and don't want to help you in order to make themselves seem more valuable to the company.

Lots of backstabbing and gossip here, some of the men gossip worse than the women. The cafe is a bit overpriced and the food is not so great. The pay is slightly above average, but they post any job opening on a bulletin board and include the salary range for the position. So when you're hired, anyone that has viewed the job posting will know your salary range.

This place is just like any other place. If management doesn't like you, you're screwed. There are some genuinely good people here, the trick is finding them. The hardest part of the job was convincing myself not to quit every morning. This was a completely miserable experience being stuck on a "team" that competed against me rather than work together. I would only go back as a last step before foreclosure. – less
Dynamic change company
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee), Conway, ARMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules to assist with work life balance
Cons: high stress constant change environment
Typical day is high paced starting with pre-day e-mail and report reviews. Follow up calls with clients, internal areas like development, operations, leadership, etc. in identifying any outstanding deliverable or availability issues. It's a world of constant change and re-inventing yourself. Management is focused on NextGen and future vision of the – more... company as a SaaS company. The co-workers are excellent to work with and are focused on the issues and not individuals.

The hardest part of the job is the multiple business drivers and the fast paced change environment.

The most enjoyable is the opportunity to constantly learn and adapt. To accomplish and drive success in everything you do. To know that what you accomplished ... made a difference. – less
Productive and fun
Entry Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 19, 2014
Great place to work. Everybody seems nice. People help when you need it.
work
Desktop/End User Support Leader (Current Employee), Conway, ARMarch 14, 2014
not sure what they want me to type, but i'm just trying to type enough to let me proceed. :-)
Great place to work but moral is low because of yearly layoffs
Lead processor (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 13, 2014
Great place to work but moral is low because of yearly layoffs
Great Company for Technical Skill Growth
Client Data Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: working from home was convenient
Cons: the lack of visibility when working from home
I managed my day-to-day processing schedules developing, coding and executing data processing jobs. I collaborated with the client and teammates to ensure that business specifications were understood. While adhering to the milestone dates of my assigned programs I performed in-depth double audits of campaigns my teammates were assigned. I investigated – more... and resolved any exception issues that arose, maintained all compliance documentation and kept the client up-to-speed with program status. – less
Rewarding place to work
Team Lead Data Center Analyst (Former Employee), Groton, MAMarch 12, 2014
Monitoring Mainframe batch processing, tms schedules, managing a fast paced computer operations team.
Enjoyable atmosphere and diversified job duties
Entry Solutions Developer (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 10, 2014
Productive Rewarding Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 7, 2014
At Acxiom we had multiple systems we worked in and had to be logged into everyday. There were very critical times sometimes through out the day and sometimes if you were on call you could get a calls though out the night if something critical happened at night and you could be on a critical call anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours. Then we would have – more... to write an incident report as to what the problem was and what we did to solve it.

Management was pretty good. I really liked my team leader he was fair and treated everyone the same and showed respect and compassion. I enjoyed working with everyone on my team from the day and night crew I always get along with everyone and found out may years ago it is best to treat everyone the same no matter what because you never know what struggles they may have going on in their life.

The hardest part about the job I would say would be when we would have several critical situations at one time and we have higher up people wanting to know what caused the problem and wanting it fixed right now and they don't under stand that we are doing all that we can. But you can't let a little stress ruin your day.

Most enjoyable part is not letting those machines out smart you! and getting everything running like was before things crashed and making sure that everyone is happy. As long as our clients were happy and they weren't losing money because of an update they had I was happy. Clients and Customers always come first! – less
Decision Support Analyst for JPMorgan Chase (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Acxiom is a great place to work place to work with great benefits. You will learn a great there and great management.
Good as a jumping off point
Software Developer, Security Systems (Current Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: layoffs, unpredictable, dead end job
Acxiom is a decent place to work. Due to the constant layoffs and lack of competent leadership it does provide very job security though.
fun workplace and pleasant environment
Decision Support Analyst (Current Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible environment
Cons: frequent layoffs and low pay
Acxiom is a great company, but the compensation is very low compared to the industry.
Productive days
Tape Operator (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: we did have down times
Check daily turnover, flash report for any new conditions, Check to see what station leaders assigned you to. If it's scan station Retrieve, scan and check outgoing tapes to insure tapes go to correct vault vendor, swap server tapes and scan them for that day, get reports together for document boxes. When vault vendor shows up take tapes to dock and – more... retrieve incoming tapes. Scan and check incoming tapes according to paperwork given. Other stations are EVS which meant if any outside escorts came in you were to make sure to get them to the correct floor and equipment, so that vendor could fix it, the escort could be as quick as 15 minutes or as long as 8 hours. the other station was to monitor our ticket queue, usually ticket would include recalled tapes and new escorts. – less
A decent job
Client Data Analyst (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJanuary 30, 2014
I ended up accepting a position I was way over qualified for. I liked my team lead and coworkers a great deal. They allowed me to participate in improving processes during my short tenure here. I have a lot of respect for the DBA. He is harsh about protecting his domain, but extremely helpful when you actually get out of your chair and ask him for pointers – more... when you make a mistake. – less
Flexible schedule, great people
Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2014
The best part of the job was all the great people I developed relationships with in Central Arkansas (and also Warsaw, Poland).
Acxiom
Media Specialist Lead - 2nd Shift (Former Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: family get togethers, great atmosphere, pay
Cons: company policy
I would come in and check email, assign work to be done that day. Learned more about programming (PHP, Javascript) while programming an internal website called odcmm. My co-workers were amazing, management was alright. The hardest part, and not really hard, more stressful was the pressure of getting reports done at the end of each month, but I enjoyed – more... it. Most enjoyable part of the job would have been, the co-workers making a great atmosphere and the option when work was slow, we could be on Facebook or watching Netflix. – less
Good Place to work
Test Automation Lead & Software Developer (Current Employee), ArkansasJanuary 9, 2014
Worked with Test Automation.
Worked with latest technologies NoSqlDB, Restful api, etc.
Company branch in many countries.
Opportunity work with global teams.
A great place to begin my career.
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2014
As a Decision Support Analyst, I was mainly responsible for campaign delivery which included a lot of SQL and demographic analysis. The job was a client facing role which can be difficult at times, but I established a wonderful working relationship with the teams, both internal and external company walls.

1 2 3 4

About Acxiom

Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software as a service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel – Read more