IMPORTANT: This position is a contract position that will support one or more of our clients in the short term (2 to 6 months). If the position requires extended support, the postion can convert to a full time for-hire position. Since weekly meetings are required with customers, candidate will be required to reside within central Florida.
The is in support of software development within SharePoint environments. Under a project manager, architects, implements, customizes, and maintains an Enterprise SharePoint environment. Develops new templates and customizes existing templates to meet specific requirements; performs workflow analysis and design; implements enterprise search; performs document/content management.
Must directly interface with customers, teams and management throughout all phases of product development. Has the ability to interface with customers processing little or no computer experience and translate all customer requirements into a workable solution.
Apply your comprehensive knowledge of SharePoint principles, practices and procedures in order to complete difficult assignments. Assignments are complex and require originality and ingenuity. Works independently but is expected to report daily to project manager and responds immediately to customer queries.
The SharePoint Developer will be expected to perform the following tasks and deliver services and products as outlined below:
- Possess advance knowledge of Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) & Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007/2010/2013 architectures and capabilities.
- Possess advance knowledge of custom SharePoint workflows design and implementation.
- Possess advance knowledge of .NET 3.5 (and higher) which may include:
- Windows Forms
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Possess advance knowledge of custom SharePoint Webparts design and implementation
- Experience with WSS and MOSS administration.
- Experience with WSS to MOSS migrations.
- Experience with generating and following project requirements to SharePoint capabilities and structures.
- Experience with SharePoint portals and site branding.
- Experience with custom master pages creation and implementation for both team site and publishing sites of MOSS 2007.
- Experience with theme creation and implementation.
- Interface with other organizations to ensure compliance with business objectives and project goals
- Conform to structured Systems Development Lifecycle process requirements
Additional preferred skills include:
- Public website design
- Enabling e-commerce credit card transactions on public websites
Education and Experience:
Candidate must be familiar with modern process and change request controls, project management. SCRUM experience is a plus.
It is highly desired that the candiate have a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer or IT related disiplines. Willing to consider extensive experience in lieu of degree.
Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are required, as well as the ability to directly interface with teams, customers and management for requirements definition.
This position requires five years of systems development experience in a production environment.