Ada County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews

Dedicated Rewarding Job
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 8, 2018
The Greatest group of men and women I worked with after leaving the military. Flexible role change everyday to meet daily needs. Excellent job Training and career opportunities.
Pros
Teamwork, Rewarding
Cons
political
Great Value in Internship
Finance Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 1, 2018
I was only there for 5 months but was very invovled in their day to day duties and meetings. Although it was unpaid, the learning experience was very valuable.
I enjoyed the position but the management was lacking.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the county it was a fun position. The officers were great people and many of the other departments had great management. The manager in our department got rid of the shift pick while I was working there which placed you stuck in a permanent shift that you may not have liked. There was no way of getting off of grave shift unless applying for different shifts competing with new hires for the position.
Nice retirement with PERSI
Jail Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 13, 2017
Job required supervision of inmates, supervision of inmates meals, distributing mail, medicine, toiletries and clothing. Requires POST training. Must have ability to separate home life and work.
Sheriff's Office
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 18, 2017
Great pay, good benefits, Long hours, management that has there own agenda and no interest in a fair and equal work place. Favoritism happens and there is no recourse.
Pros
Good pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Long hours, management
Overall great place
Central Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 24, 2017
Ada County Sheriffs Office was overall a great place to work. The schedules were terrific with a great work/life balance. The job security was great but the advancement opportunities were slim.
Pros
Good Pay and good time off
Cons
Promotional opportunities
Law Enforcement Environment
Sheriff's Deputy (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2017
A very rewarding career choice, it's not for everybody. Everyday is different, there's never a dull moment! Get used to good times and bad, know that you will come intact with every single walk of life, no matter how rich, wealthy, poor, affluent, destitute or whether you're a Senator, Congressman, Judge or Police Officer your life can change within a twinkling of an eye; no matter whether you're on one side of the jail bars or the other.
Pros
Great career, excellent benefits
Cons
It's dangerous if you don't receive the proper training, have the right attitude or the right supervisor.
Sucks
Law enforcement (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 31, 2016
They allow favoritism and it's hard to climb the ladder. My boss had her favorites and the rest of us got bullied.....................................
A professional and respectful workplace
MEDIA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 20, 2016
Typical days at work included working on posters, brochures, advertising pieces as well as a nurse recruitment video. I learned much about work plans, schedules, working long hours etc. The management and my coworkers were great, always on task and helpful in teaching me about the workplace as well as my own responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job was learning about changing expectations for projects. I would come with multiple products from the board and I would have to keep coming back to get the ideas fixed due to the large amount of changes wanted to obtain a significant message. This was one of my greatest but hardest lessons to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do graphic design, video, photography and marketing.
Very HONORABLE place to work!
Dispatch Deputy (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 4, 2015
This was my dream come true to work for a law enforcement agency. I was blessed to work next to all the men and women in blue who would lay their lives down for others!
Pros
Honorable, fast paced, exciting, meaningful
Cons
stressful, sad, draining.
Good Company
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 14, 2014
I worked all three areas of the Sheriff's Office. I started in the jail then moved on to patrol and finished in the juvenile detective section.
watch your back
Jail professional staff (Former Employee) –  BoiseApril 30, 2013
I couldn't agree more with the first comment made about the Sheriffs office. I was employed by this office and worked in the jail as a member of the professional staff (non-commissioned). So, I have had the unfortunate "honor" of experiencing employment here. I have never been "terminated" from employment for any reason and I am without question, a hard working, reliable, educated and trustworthy individual.(I have the references and resume to prove it). However, I was terminated from employment at this place.
While working for the ACSO and on more than one occasion I was asked if I would like to fill a variety of positions other than the one I had. I was told that if I saw an opening which interested me that I should to put in for it and I would most certainly get the position. Both senior commissioned leaders as well as managers on the professional side encouraged me to apply for other openings with higher salaries and more responsibility. I was told two weeks before my termination that I was doing great work and was an asset to the organization. I wasn't sure I was interested in any of the openings I saw so I was sticking with the status quo for the time being. So, sounds like things were going well, right? Yeah, that's what I thought too. I was Way off.
Recently, I showed up to work and was told (via a letter handed to me by an officer I never spoke to before) I was being terminated. I couldn't believe it, I was a shocked, However, to add insult to injury not only did this letter fire me, it claimed I was being terminated because of things I would NEVER and
  more... have NEVER done. It went on to assert my integrity and conduct were lacking and ultimately that I was a detriment to the office. Huh?? Wasn't I just offered an opportunity at more money and responsibility based on my performance and superior conduct?? Needless to say, I was and remain to be, dumbfounded. There was no heads-up, no discussion, no appeal process, no recourse, nobody to explain what in the world this was all about, nothing. Just a very awkward and confused look on my face conveyed to the person who handed me this letter.
I can tell you in no uncertain terms, if you value your personal work history, you value your untarnished performance record and you feel strongly about justice and being treated with the dignity, then you deserve to spend your valuable time as far away from employment with the Ada County sheriffs office as you can. On the other hand, if you enjoy the "cover your A--" first and don't ask any questions later, then this might be the place you are looking for. I still can't believe I took a lifestyle polygraph (which I passed of course) and underwent a rigorous background check for this
Look at it this way. They had the audacity to question my integrity, my conduct and my general character and did so without ever having the professionalism to do it to me in person. Just handed me a letter and that was it.
Work in the ADA County Sheriff;s Office
Purchasing, Warehousing, Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 12, 2012
The ADA County Sheriff Office and Jail is a great place to work. The staff and the management team work hard to make the sheriff office the number one agency in the state. All the departments work togather and make the agency the best of the best.
Pros
everything, good health care program, good working conditions, great food for staff and inmates and very good salaries
Cons
only con that i would say at this time is the long hours but that is the nature of the beast.
As an intern with ADA County Sheriff’s office, was engaged for their Organizational Training Management (OTM) database application.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 18, 2012
Cleaned the database and performed basic system troubleshooting