Family owned, Garfield NJ based, boutique international Tea company seeks a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate to maintain, improve, and manage our manufacturing facility. Prior experience with horizontal packaging systems is ideal, but not essential if you have a background or interest in process automation and possess extraordinary hands-on mechanical skills.
- Service, maintain, re-engineer, and master our manufacturing + packaging systems.
- Continually analyze, design, improve, and upgrade packaging systems with the goals of efficiency, quality, and safety
- Manage production processes and automation tasks
- Tune and calibrate machines for different products
- Operate in compliance of FDA + SQF food safety regulations
- Manage additional specialized packaging machines and food manufacturing equipment
- Oversee all equipment, warehouse, and facility mechanical \ technical issues
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree \ experience
- Background or interest in manufacturing process and automation
- Superior hands-on mechanical and machine building skills
- Demonstrated experience with mechanical, pneumatic, and PLC systems
- Ability to plan production, budget resources, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Autocad, mechanical design and analysis
- Independent self starter with a commitment to quality
Prior experience with horizontal Form-Fill-Seal packaging systems, as well as working with FDA GMP’s in a food safety regulated manufacturing environment are pluses.
This is an excellent opportunity with much room for growth for the right individual.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and samples of previous mechanical designs to jobs[at]adagio[dot]com with subject "PACKAGING ENGINEER" in the subject.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Adagio Teas was founded in 1999 with the aim of providing consumers with unmatched quality and variety of teas. Its website, www.adagio.com,...