Adams 12 Five Star Schools Employee Reviews

Diverse and fun group of children
Site Aide (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work for a part time job if you like working with kids. bright and fun after school program. can be fast paced and stressful at times but overall a fun place to work. enjoy working with kids and interacting with them, often hard to handle situations arise
Low moral
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 5, 2017
I've had over 20 years experience in the cleaning/ custodial bizz. I thought maybe they hired me for that purpose to bring something on the table. Instead I found out they just wanted a brainless mop monkey. They did not honor my pay increase on steps and salary from which I was told in Orientation they will count for every year.
Second bringing newer ideas to work faster, smarter and money saving was out of the question for the head custodian who had no experience but was just a "yes man". The cleaning equipment was ghetto even though the school is in a good neighborhood. Half broken dust mop wrapped in duct tape to sweep the gym should not be acceptable for cleaning. Moral from the other co-workers sucked they seemed to work harder than to stop and think maybe we should try a better method. overall the kids and some of the teaching staff are wonderful I believe they deserved better.
Pros
benefits, days off
Cons
Management, old equipment, not listening
Glacier Peak Elemtary Dist. Para Educator
Para Educator Special Needs (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 21, 2017
A great place to work. Very Friendly staff. Loved my job working with Special Needs Students. The hardest part of the job was the politics of the school system. I am now retired with 16 years of being at Glacier Peak.
Pros
The Staff and Students.
Cons
Stress of not getting enough paras for the amount of high need students.
Good Place
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 22, 2017
The only downfall is that you are moved from school to school and it is difficult to gain relationships with students and staff members. You also do not get paid during the summer.
Okay school district
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 27, 2017
Right now Colorado as a whole is cutting funding and Adams 12 is part of it. It is an okay school district. It does have some great schools and teachers.
Cons
Funding cuts
Fun Workplace
SITE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 10, 2017
My job with Adams 12 Five Star Schools was a rewarding opportunity which provided me with the opportunity to advance and grow within the company. I enjoyed working with such wonderful staff, management, and children!
Great place
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 5, 2017
Had a very good experience with this company they treated me fairly and honest. Definitely good for a balance of home life. Not always under pressure about your job
Pros
Home life balance
Cons
Budget cuts
Stressful with a good pay off
Custodial Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 14, 2017
Work is sometimes stressful but the students every year make everything worth it. Always doing repairs and maintenance in and outside of the building. Physically demanding work.
Great people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 17, 2017
I have worked in several school districts in several different states. I have seen how great management is the key to success in schools. I have seen how poor management sends a ripple effect into the classroom causing problems. Consistency and excellence are the best characteristics of Adams 12 5-Star schools.
Pros
Great People
A great organization committed to education
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2017
I loved working for the district, and hope to return when I acquire my teaching license. I only intend to leave because of the low hours associated with being a teacher aide. I truly appreciated that everyone employed by Adams 12 is committed to putting the students first.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Great job and place to work
Site Aide (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 5, 2017
I love working with kids, it was such an amazing place to work. The staff was great, very nice and understanding. Working here taught me a lot!
Pros
Co-workers, students
Cons
Monthly pay
Very stressful place to work. Management is not supportive to the needs of the employees
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 25, 2016
Started out as a really nice place to work but things changed after a few years. Management is all about the bottom dollar and not the needs of students and support staff. Make management made and your days will be short lived. Beware! Benefits are great. CSEA is owned and controlled by management. Don't waste your CSEA dues because they are for themselves and not the member. They are a joke!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Management and union
Great School District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 1, 2016
Excellent Work Environment
Supportive Administration
Ongoing Professional Development

Mountain View Elementary School in the Adams 12 Five Star School District adopted a Cooperative Learning Community with an emphasis on student learning and safety.
Opportunities for collaboration between licensed staff was provided on a regular basis.
Diversity was celebrated through cultural activities including a deaf awareness experience.
Pros
Professional Development opportunities
Excellent School Distict
Senior Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 22, 2016
Great compensation and benefits. Good culture within which to work and grow. 15+ years, only left for a higher position.
Overall a good place to work. Some lack of Administrative support.
Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 7, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Some lack of Administrative support. Poor system of finding work for the next day...planning ahead. It is a phone system that requires multiple passwords, multiple options and a lot of information surrounding the options. If you don't choose that particular job, you are sent on to another, unable to go back. An on-line system would be SO MUCH EASIER!
Pros
None that any other school district offers
Cons
Low Pay
Super amazing place, teaches good customer service skills
Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster COOctober 19, 2015
Great place to learn basic customer service skills. Friendly environment, amazing company that actually cares.Managers are super nice, the training is very helpful and hey help you until you actually feel ready.
Pros
FREE COFFEE!!!!! Super friendly employees
Cons
Early hours
Adams 12 Has Earned its Five Stars
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 3, 2015
Since earning my teaching license in December 2014, Adams 12 Five Star Schools have been supporting my experiences as a substitute teacher in their schools. These experiences have helped me better understand the school cultures of the district and where I would like to work as a ful-time educator. Thank you!
Overworked, understaffed IT team
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 13, 2015
Good co-workers and clients who appreciate you can go a long way toward making a job tolerable and money never hurts; but when you put in 11-12 hours a day almost every day and still can't get all the work done, something is wrong; 50 campuses, 40,000+ people and hundreds of thousands of endpoints are administered by a team of 16 people-and management isn't happy and wants everyone to work harder and do more. No matter how much you do it's never enough, and the reward for a job well done is more work. Management fires people for the thinnest of reasons; IT directors seems to think he'll be seen as "holding people accountable" if he cans good people. Don't let the money fool you: this job is not worth it.
Pros
Good co-workers, shown respect by customers
Cons
Unreasonable expectations by management
Substituting at Adams 12
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CoFebruary 2, 2015
Substituting is a difficult job, no matter where you go. Adams 12 is a good culture for substitutes as there is never a day without an offer of an assignment. The only down side is, there is no guarantee of the types of assignment. If you request no middle schools, or do not want certain subjects, if there is no one else to take the assignments, they will call you regardless of your preferences. Advancing up their pay scale is very difficult and you must essentially work every day for seven months before advancing to the next pay level and it resets every year.
Pros
Create your own schedules
Cons
No guarantee of work
Adams 12 Five star schools , A good place to work, fun
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 9, 2014
Everyday I'm at work by 6 AM.
Breakfast in the class room by 7:15 AM.
Enter all students who took breakfast in computer.
Work on orders.
Help with lunch preparations.
Help serve students as they are coming to get lunch.
batch cook
help with clean up
end of day reports and deposit.
p-card--- all our pizza and milk was put on a p-card I had to maintain and fill out reports.
payroll (check time cards)
This is a typical day.

I learned how to manage my time to get every thing done.

I get alone well with my co-workers.

The kids is what makes working at a school so much fun. Seeing all the students faces everyday .
Pros
insurance, temp time, sick bank
Cons
no time for a break