Adams County

Adams County Employer Reviews

Good place to wok with good benefits.
Highway Supervisor (Former Employee), Commerce City, COMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good benfits, salary and retirment .
Cons: long hours in winter months, on snow call.
Over all a good place to work. Always had several different jobs going on at one time so you could move around and do different thing. With the wide verity of jobs to do, if you take the initiative and motivated your self you could learn all of them and advance up the ladder. Good place to learn to operate different equipment.
Silos of Corruption, Abuse & Unprofessionalism
Manager (Former Employee), Brighton Government CenterFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: there are some really good lower level staff there
Cons: this place will mark your career negatively.
Indictments of executive staff, corruption are just a fee buz words. If you come with pride and skilz, job hunter beware.

The existing staff practices protectionism and you are a threat. The senior staff have select menon whom do their bidding.

Adams County, CO government is the armpit of bad management, corruption and have a talent for running off high skill-sets. What remains is staff either too scared, too poor to move on or they are part of the network of corruption.

Misuse of public trust and funds is the norm....
Productive and Life-changing experiences acquired.
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Peebles, OHFebruary 4, 2015
I was able to touch other's lives and make a difference doing something I loved. The staff was supportive and made the time even more beneficial to me.
Great Benefits
Paralegal/CSE Specialist (Current Employee), Human ServicesJanuary 12, 2015
Job security, Flexible Hours, Great Management. I enjoyed working for Department. Database systems need to be updated as they are slow and crash every month.
Adams County District Attorney's Office
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Brighton, COOctober 2, 2014
Pros: nice das
Cons: from floor to ceiling, this place is awful.
DO NOT apply here! Very abusive and hostile work environment. County court is micro-managed and they are awful at training. The abuse doesn't just stop here, the staff is disgusting in that they isolate new employees. Theses are nothing but people in their 40s and 50s + that have never had a childhood. The drama stands in the way of being successful here. I'm not even through training and everyday I'm wondering if it'll be my last. Save yourself the time and stress, not to mention hours of being set up for failure, and apply elsewhere. AVOID at ALL cost!
I enjoyed the clinical and supervision aspects of my job. I disliked much of the data-driven demands of the job.
See above (Former Employee), Executive Office in Thornton, Colorado.November 18, 2013
Pros: wellness and benefits program
Cons: numbers, data-driven provision of mental health services to clients
During the eight years I was at Community Reach Center, I was able to put in place a program for the clinical training and clinical supervision of clinical staff, for approximately 190 staff psychotherapist/clinicians. This included helping unlicensed clinicians attain clinical licensure in Colorado: LPC; LMFT; LCSW.

I felt CRC had a good benefits program and an excellent Paid Time Off program. I felt the pay scale was low for the work provided.

I had never worked in public mental health before this experience. I learned an incredible amount about the provision of public mental health services and the system in Colorado. I learned about what it takes to change large, complex systems like CRC. I learned that Medicaid capitated systems are enormously complex and require continuous change of their service providers.

I typically supervised clinicians 4 hours a day, and provided staff training events to clinical staff once a week for 3-4 hours. While a Director, I attended many Leadership and Director meetings each week and month. I was in administrative meetings approximately 3 hours a day. Our Director group had responsibility for the overall management and guidance of CRC staff.

I wrote job evaluations and related to all department heads, including psychiatrists and psychologists. I put in place a program that trained clinicians to become clinical supervisors.

I felt upper management became very numbers/data-driven in the provision of clinical services to clients, especially in the last 3 years of my time there. Many of the emotional needs of the clinical staff were disregarded. – more... Productivity of clinical therapy hours to clients was the primary focus of upper management and this was very concerning to me in terms of the overall future of the center, especially how this translated into the provision of lowered quality of care services to clients. I was also very concerned about the system itself at CRC, a system which was in a state of perpetual rapid major change during the entire time I was there.

As an example, after spending a literal fortune on the development of our own ab initio internal electronic medical record over a period of 6 years, it was decided to abandon this program in favor of an 'out of the box' program that had to be adapted for our use. This had a very negative impact on staff morale overall and was an extremely poor use of resources in my opinion.

I got along very well with my coworkers and colleagues.

The hardest part of my job was working hard to 'raise' quality psychotherapists and help them mature, and at the same time seeing them and their work unappreciated by upper management.
Some very promising therapists decided to leave the field on this account.

The best part of my job was providing clinical supervision and training to clinical staff and watching them grow as professionals and persons. I love teaching and supervising clinicians. – less
Fun and hard working place.
Election Judge (Former Employee), Brighton, CoFebruary 10, 2012
Always there to help other employess. Always thoughtful to others and open minded to new ideas about elections.