Adams County Employee Reviews

Relaxed but high-paced criminal defense firm
Assistant Public Defender (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NENovember 23, 2017
Working for the Adams County Public Defender's Office is never boring. I go to court every day, representing indigent criminal clients in both the county and district courts. The group of attorneys and judges with whom I work are quite competent at what they do. My only complaint is that I do not have the time to research and write as I wish.
Secure
registration clerk (Former Employee) –  COSeptember 7, 2017
Secure job. Expensive benifits. Mandatory retirment 9%. To much out of paycheck. Poor flexability when days off are needed. Can be relocated at any time
Very quiet and organized.
Building Permit Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 12, 2017
This was a non-stressful job and required a lot of reading to understand the building codes. Customer traffic was minimal and requests for permits an easy process for everyone.
Pros
security
Cons
Only paid once a month
Workplace Culture
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJune 15, 2017
While they are working hard to change the culture of the organization, this will be a hard task to accomplish when internally and unbrodcasted, there are so many management and leadership changes taking place.
Innovative and high energy work enviorment.
Probation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 11, 2016
My typical day as a Supervisor began with me checking in with my boss and the administrative team. I checked in with my Team to see how they we're doing and what there days looked like. I would check emails and voice mails and respond according to priority. Depending upon the time of month I would review monthly statistical reports and make any needed revisions. I would identify patterns and trends. I would perform my daily duties such as reviewing reports, warrants, and special reports to the courts. I would then check on special projects and review progress.
Pros
flex schedules, work from home, workout incentives, and alternatives schedules.
Cons
building gossip, unsafe, and lack of opportunity.
Good group of people to work with
4H BOARD MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 26, 2016
Monthly meetings were held to discuss and variety of subjects concerning the organization as a whole.

Decisions about finances, future plans and events, scholarships, club requirements, etc. were made.
clerical work for the DMV
Motor Vehicle Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEFebruary 18, 2016
Issued motor vehicle titles and registrations, renewed automobile registrations and issued plates when required. Collected sales, property and real estate taxes, assisted customers at the window and by telephone.
Adams County was the worst employer I've experienced. Controlling and judgmental and extremely resistant to change.
Behavioral Health Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Adams, WIJanuary 27, 2016
Adams County has a huge problem with retaining its employees. Turnover and discontent among staff is an ongoing struggle. Employees that have stayed for some time are very much a closed group and gossip and spite is par for the course. I would not recommend working for Adams County.
Great employees
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  COJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day of work consists of either a 12 hour shift or a 10 hour shift. I learned a lot about being a civilian police officer in a detention center environment and as a patrol Deputy. management of the department is mainly elected officials.
Pros
Consistancy in work.
Good Assistance to underprivileged citizens .Flexible working time
Resources and Training Specialist/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  coloradoAugust 22, 2015
Its Ok. Good starting experience for social workers, business
associate and case managers.No more comments Love it or Leave It .
Pros
Flex Time.Good salary.Good benefits
Cons
some leaders have a power trip; many times difficult personality hard to listen and to follow.

Want to know more about Adams County?

Ask a question
Silos of Corruption, Abuse & Unprofessionalism
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton Government CenterFebruary 21, 2015
Indictments of executive staff, corruption are just a fee buz words. If you come with pride and skilz, job hunter beware.

The existing staff practices protectionism and you are a threat. The senior staff have select menon whom do their bidding.

Adams County, CO government is the armpit of bad management, corruption and have a talent for running off high skill-sets. What remains is staff either too scared, too poor to move on or they are part of the network of corruption.

Misuse of public trust and funds is the norm....
Pros
there are some really good lower level staff there
Cons
this place will mark your career negatively.
Productive and Life-changing experiences acquired.
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peebles, OHFebruary 4, 2015
I was able to touch other's lives and make a difference doing something I loved. The staff was supportive and made the time even more beneficial to me.
Great Benefits
Paralegal/CSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Human ServicesJanuary 12, 2015
Job security, Flexible Hours, Great Management. I enjoyed working for Department. Database systems need to be updated as they are slow and crash every month.