Adams Fairacre Farms Employee Reviews

Worst and best parts of my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 3, 2017
I worked here for 7 years and they fired me because I received 2 complaints from customers in one day. The weekend before Thanksgiving. Siding with the customers instead of me was the worst part of my job.

My regular customers who always come to my line, give me hugs, wish me happy birthday were the best part of my job.
overall good
Evening supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 9, 2017
overall a good place the owners really do care. can be a cesspool of rumors and drama. some co workers leave alot to be desired and that is probably the hardest part
Great for young people looking for something to start
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 28, 2017
I worked in different aparment, and over the course of time Iwas there i had different manager, so the work experience varied. Favoritism seemed to be a theme in the environment as well.
Pros
Discounts, and insurance benefits
Cons
No room for improvment, low salary
Fun working enviroment, high managment turnover due to lack of skills
Food prep and cooking (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 25, 2017
fun environment to work in. owners provide good benefits package.
My department had high turnover of management due to lack of management skills.4 managers in 5 years.
Friendly workplace
New hire trainer and Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Adams is a very nice place to work. They have the best customer service that they want to make sure customers have their memorable shopping experience. The owner is always presents and they are involved in the daily operations of the store. They have a fair benefits and concern about their employees. They also offer class for a work related advancement .
Great Working Atmosphere
Driver/Florist (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 31, 2017
For a retail workplace, it was one of the best ones I have ever worked at. It was very fast paced and busy, but I was given the room to advance. Management was wonderful.
Pros
discounts, great work environment
Cons
no set schedule
Keep quiet and all is well
Peon (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 23, 2017
Strong workers face a double edged sword they rely solely on you for most tasks and give you a hard time when you need days off. High turnover rates.
Pros
20% discount, weekly pay, 401K match
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive, micro-management, too many bosses
Friendly Coworkers and good working atmoshphere
Dishwasher/Food Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 8, 2017
Friendly co-workers, pleasant to work with, and a nice overall working atmosphere. Manager was a good person, got along well. Manager had good leadership skills. Kitchen was a well oiled machine.
A tight knit, comfortable company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYAugust 4, 2017
The best thing about this job is that everyone is very understanding, they make you feel welcome in any and every way possible. There is always room to grow and learn new things or experience other departments. Management is laid back and understanding to the fact that life outside of work happens and sometimes, it comes first. Everyone at this job is kind and works together.

The hardest part of the job is not buying all of the great things in the store, whether it be in the grocery department, candy, or indoor greenhouse!
Pros
Events, BBQs, Experiencing other jobs within the store
Cons
standing all day as a cashier
Great to employees
Cashier/Floral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 10, 2017
Very family-oriented. Takes care of their employees. Friendly and safe work environment. Flexible and reliable scheduling. Great for all ages whether in school or not.
Great Place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. There are many opportunities for advancement as well as overtime pay. If you are looking for overtime, other departments in the store besides your own may offer it to you to help you out.
fun and comfortable workplace
Cashier/ Customer Servicing (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NY 12590June 12, 2017
Show up when you are scheduled to work and count the cashier draw, then set up at your assigned register, ring customers up. clean register and work space after shift is over.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 13, 2017
it was a great working environment and there were many ways to progress . fairly easy to .fall in love with the workplace and the the other employees and everyday customers
An Exciting Work Place
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601February 1, 2017
I worked only a short time for Adams Fairacre Farms and I enjoyed every day that I was there. The staff, managers and the owners were very nice open and focused on the company something that I truly loved.

I recommend this company to anyone who is seeking employment in the Poughkeepsie area.

Thank you.
Pros
Great work environment, Advancement potientials are good.
Okay place
Deli Clerk & Cheese Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 29, 2017
I worked here for 2 years, I loved the customers and the store but working there was terrible.
There was no room for advancement, not even to get full time hours which were desperately needed in some departments.
Bosses did not care if you were injured on the job
Bosses also expected you to come to work while contagious, they were very nasty when I told them I could not come in when I had pneumonia and was about to be hospitalized.

The owners of the company are always very nice; always kind to employees.
But bosses of their departments were the worst part.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Low pay, not many benefits, no advancement
Great company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Pleasant work environment with friendly staff and helpful management. Always willing to make accommodations to your schedule and do the best they can to make sure their staff is taken care of.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part was defiantly being able to talk and joke with customers and coworkers from different parts of the store coming to enjoy some food or ice cream and making them happy. The manager is a little tough but working in the Cafe was my first and best job I had.
fun placeto work , as long as you are in with the right people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time there. There were however times when it was unbearable. When management doesn't step in to take care of their employees. It raises a huge red flag for me.
Good Company
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 20, 2016
The overall company itself is very good to its employees: they throw a great Christmas party and they give even the cashiers a Christmas bonus.
Very productive with caring staff and busy environment.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Typically very busy, but fun working environment, easy to make new friends with coworkers and you get to know customers better over time. Many people love the store and the unique products they carry.
Pros
I can make my lunch for free in the deli, not a super strict environment
Cons
Breaks are average, everyone has to work a full weekend day shift