ADAPT Community Network Employee Reviews

my day at work
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2018
My days at work is all hands on and fast pace some are not. I enjoy working with my individuals because to see them smile and laugh is just priceless.
Pros
you feel good about yourself
Cons
olny half hour break
Horrible work environment
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2018
This has been the worst, saddest place I have ever worked in my life. Very few workers care for the children/ teenagers. People talk down on those with disabilities. There is absolutely no management or structure. The workers are all miserable, nobody smiles and everyone talks about you. The worst part were how the children were treated.. broke my heart I had to leave.
it was okay for what it was
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
i wish i got paid more for this job it can be stressful at times when understaffed in which we almost always are but other than that my coworkers helps making my day go by
I hope you like driving and give him meds cuz you're going to do it all the time
Residential Program Specialist (Teacher) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2017
Worst job I ever had the only great thing come out of it is the individuals but some of them were even just intolerable management made it hard to work there in the best day of my life is when they fired me I was jumping for joy it was like a burden off my chest
Pros
Short breaks short lunch
Cons
Worst Healthcare in the world worst pay look for something else or it'll be your nightmare
productive fast paced environment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2017
adapt community network residence is a little bit more easier than the program. the porogram is face paced and certain pregrams managment is horrible.
very imvolved agency
Coordinator of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2017
The agency is very innovative with different ways to work with individuals with physical disabilities.The individuals are afforded many opportunities in the community.
horrible work place
Escort consumers (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2017
job was just about people emotions and gossip, they don't care if you actually work and care for the consumers its if your into the clicks . Job was just bistis
Its a great place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2017
Its very easy and relaxed you have to have a heart to work here . The individuals that you work with you will really grow to love them and treat them more normal than anyone you love,
Laid back and enjoyable clients
Manager (Habilitation Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed my work life balance while working with Adapt community network. Typical 40 hours, great clients and great conversation with the clients. I would recommend anyone working here to do it if you don't care about a high salary. The participants in the program are ALWAYS GREAT.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Management doesn't care about management staff. You're very disposable.
Comfortable environment
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Stress free, excellent and fair manager, plenty to do and learn, benefits are good and co-workers are there when your need them.

Plenty of work but not enough of a time frame by upper management to complete projects assigned.
Pros
A lot of learning on a daily basis
Cons
Pressure to complete project in a short period of time

Want to know more about ADAPT Community Network?

Ask a question
Empowering and adaptive work place
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2017
My experience there have been positive towards the individuals, but the management team needs more improvement. The work place is understaffed and underpaid.
Pros
Creative Events
Cons
Short breaks
Decent company
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2017
Adapt is a decent company to work for. Of course there are flaws, however I would still recommend someone to work here. there is room to grow in ADAPT
Pros
balance
Cons
horrible upper management
No room for growth
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
At this agency they state there is room for growth and promotions but I have never seen it. I applied for so many positions that i qualify yet not even a call back let alone a interview. There are some directors like family supports that hold secret interviews to make it look as though they are being fair to all coworkers when instead its about the color of your skin.
Pros
Working with the population is great
Cons
No room for growth
Occasionally Taxing, but enjoyable work environment
HABILITATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Being at Adapt Community Network, formerly known as UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) I have learned that a job title can also involve wearing many hats as well. Putting the individuals first is priority. Making sure that they are being engaged in active treatment on a day to day basis is important also. My main objective is creating opportunities for people with disabilities to lead independent and fulfilling lives. I enjoy getting to know the individuals i serve and building positive relationships.
bad company to work
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2017
miserable staff, too much work for too little money Rules only adhere to certain workers. Worst job that I ever took. They are nothing but lies. The management does not care about its workers like they say they do. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Great place to contribute to your community
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2017
assisting individuals with disabilities on a daily basis by helping them live a normal fulfilled life which they would not be able to do so on their own. The individuals have a set task and goal they work on everyday to enhance their skills and ability to function in a community on their own.
Pros
no physically strenuous
Cons
mentally draining
Working here is great
Residential Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
I love enriching the lives of my individual. Its a place where coming to work is fun, educational and loving. When i come to work and see the faces of my individual and the help i give. it make me feel good.
Cons
No break and lunch times
Worst job I ever did
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2017
I hated the job from day one, the staff in the program are very spiteful and they didn't really welcome the new comers. A lot of gossiping and bashing each other and not really helping each other out.
Pros
morning hours
Cons
staff