Adara Communities Employee Reviews

Poor Management Company
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
They have a method but are unwilling to see the reality of their method. You have no control over setting pricing for your communities, you barely have a say in creating annual budgets, you have to battle asset management, no capital items get repaired until let's the roof falls in on someone, hard to fill onsite positions because of bad industry reputation. I could go on but I won't
Pros
No calls from Executives on weekends
Loyal Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Adara has an amazing open door policy. The CEO is available by email and he responds 100% of the time. Adara is also extremely loyal and supportive to team members who work hard for the company. Some people work for a paycheck and then complain when they are passed up for a promotion but the Adara employees who work hard receive very good rewards for their efforts.

Very loyal company to those who work hard for them.
Pros
salary, job stability, professional growth
Cons
no direct deposit!!! we get a paycheck every other Friday!
Micro managed
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2017
The insurance is very reasonably priced but finding a DR to take it is a little difficult. The onsite staff have no authority to make any decisions so its difficult to manage the properties.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro managed and you can not make a business decision
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  AdaraJuly 31, 2017
Good company enjoyed workig for them. Left due to distance from home. Management has great procedures and always willing to help . They have there own software
Very Different Company Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
Interaction with residents was discouraged. Everything was performed in-house even when maintenance staff was behind and even if it was less expensive to utilize outside options.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits and Company Culture
employees were great, management were not team players
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Beginning of day was good, until management came in . Had a hard time getting supplies due to manager not been there. Had no communication or team work with management.
Avoid if possible
NA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2017
If you like to spend time with your family and love ones, avoid at all costs! They do not really care for personal time or value their employees. They only care about money. they make you work really really hard above and beyond and the pay is not that great including commission, They do not value you to have time even for family and are such penny pinchers! And not to mention the micromanaging is unbelievable!! You have no say and minimal room for advancement since you can never show off your capabilities with their ongoing list of micromanaging skills. The software is a sad excuse, easy, but not compatible with anything else and makes it hard to kill two birds with one stone, talk about the extra work With a busy property. Do yourself a favor and avoid
Pros
My coworkers are amazing
Cons
Corporate is the worst. So much drama from other managers and regionals
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
When I first started working here, I was really excited and thought that this will end up being a long time career. Little did I know, that this is the WORST PLACE anyone can ever work at. The management sucks, they do not care for their employees and only want to make money. Only a couple of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Felt like I was in HS again with all the drama on the back end and such petty old people that work there. Save yourself before you ever work here.
Pros
Nothing!
Adara Communities
Regional Property Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Although I wasn't with this company long, my only complaint is micro management & the owners brother whom is in charge of maintenance.
Overall good company you can learn a lot and they have the absolute best software in the industry!
not good
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2016
i was running a 148 units with only one make ready guy. i did work ordrers, a/c installs, furnace installs, coil installs, assist vendors, did grounds, service pool daily. the a/c units were on the roof tops.
Great property to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
My personal opinion is that Adara is a good company to work for but really needs to provide OJT for their new associates. My co- workers are hard working and are willing and able to go beyond the call of duty,
Pros
fair salary
Cons
No room for advancement and not so good benefits
I stayed only because we were in a recession and jobs were scarce at the time.
Community Manager / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 9, 2016
A very poor excuse for a management company. They covered up instead of making necessary repairs. Many times our vendors were not paid so that left us unable to lease apartments because it was a struggle to get turnovers done. Would advise to stay away from this company.
Pros
Loved the Regional Manager - He Got Us Through Tough Times
Cons
Did Not Pay Vendors On Time and Payroll Checks Bounced
company to be proud of
Walden Lakewood Apartments (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 7, 2016
been with Adara for 5 years and counting. Love what I do and I could not ask for a better company to work for. Over the years I have grown and learned a lot.
Pros
People I work with
Fun Family and Friends
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 6, 2014
Adara has taught me several things but the most recent would have to be reports.As I started really owning the work on certain reports I started realizing that I not only felt more comfortable on reporting day, but that I was looking forward to plugging in the data and analyzing trends. I realized that while doing the report I was learning so much about these accounts, and it was helping me to better manage my residents and staff.
Pros
Family based
Cons
Na
a demanding company with no good values
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 8, 2013
Long hours, on call every other week, including long distance properties you have to attend too. Management can be a head ache but it is up to the specific property. Some co-workers are good employees but there are always lazy co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the distance and the trust with upper management. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to work with my hands and being active.
Pros
pay
Cons
distance, and on call
Helpful but productive co-workers
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2013
Make sure the office is nice and clean and smell good as well as my show units. Get with the staff and find out what is on the agenda for the day. I have learned from both my district manager and manager that it is okay to take a deep breath and ask for help when needed. My co-workers are very helpful and encouraging people. They are special and are motivated. The hardest part of my job is that it is hard to get answers from corporate regarding resident issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving our goals as a team and
patting each other in the back.
Pros
Co-workers are very helpful and go out of their way to help you.
Cons
not enough training
everything is backwards
asst.manager (Former Employee) –  dallasDecember 30, 2012
they have their own painters and carpet cleaners who do a lousy job and you always have to check their work and make them come back and do something.
their system is backwards
Pros
residents don't expect much
Cons
bad management co.
Assist manager with the daily operations of the property.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 26, 2012
Collect rents and security deposits
Perform managerial duties in the absence of the Manager
Keep current residents satisfied
Prepare reposrts and paperwork
Pros
insurance paid for by company
Cons
the company does not care about the residents or it's employees.
Great Management Team
Apartment Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2012
My only reason for leaving was my husband's job out of town. I loved my time with Adara, and the management team is the best you could ask for. They are there to help you succeed. The pay in my position was very competitive.
Pros
pay and management
Cons
location of properties & overtime