ADC Telecommunications Employee Reviews

Every changing, fun, fast paced environment
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 25, 2017
Fun friendly environment. I learned more about Management and how the different pieces of the phone company work. A typical day would be checking emails. Walking new job sites and scheduling jobs. Assigning a crew to perform work that was schedule. Driving to different job locations to oversee job performance. Do a final walk through on jobs.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Travel
Company purchased
Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 23, 2017
The company was purchased and is now owned by Tyco so I cannot provide a valid review. ADC was acquired by Tyco after I left and the management team I worked for has moved to other companies.
ADC was purchased by Tyco after I left
Strategic Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 21, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time at ADC Telecommunications from 1996-2002. The tough part was after the Telecommunications bubble bust and the company felt the pain. I left on my own but many people were laid off.
Worked with friends before i had to relocate
Field Service Technician-Level (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2016
Disappointed I had to relocate to unfamiliar state not knowing anyone, put on night shift then put on the road for 5 months solo after that.
Pros
Denver CO. has better weather than Chicago
Cons
Working nights by myself
Nice work environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMJune 16, 2016
Liked working for the company good at
Treating their employees nice environment
Safety wise co mates were nice to me the hardest
Of the day was carring alot of boxes.
a great experience
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 9, 2015
I had two sales managers 1 in Grass Valley Ca. where Nvision was located as a broadcast router manufacturer that was purchased by ADC,,

My other manager was located in Minneapolis, MN. and he handled the transitional connectors for broadcast.

it was a great marriage that did not last long enough as the stock price fell and massive layoffs occurred.

ADC bounced back later and was purchased by TYCO.
Pros
Multitask by selling direct, creating dealerships, training dealers
Cons
expense report filing took too long as web was required and I had diaalup:(
Was great
Installation Tech III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2015
Was a great company at one time. The new incarnation of this company is Bluestream and it doesn't hold a candle to what ADC was. The quality of people is what made ADC great.
It was a good place to work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 27, 2015
It was a good place to work until it was sold. Good people, good benefits and good values. Upper management deteriorated over time though.
It was pretty good as long as it was Centigram
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2015
Once it was absorbed by ADC, the company largely lost its identity. Before that acquisition, it was the place where an engineer had been allowed to apply and demonstrate her/his individual creativity.
good company
Detail and Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca IL.February 9, 2015
Detail and Applications Engineer
Worked directly with clients, sales and operations personnel to implement new business initiatives, and maximize overall customer generated revenue. Accomplishments included:
• Provided detailed design engineering services that required comprehensive and accurate installation specifications
• Produced accurate and timely site surveys based on information received from internal and external sources.
• Processed guidance from engineering on equipment required for field deployments.
• Provided feedback to company management to facilitate overall project improvement.
Was able to move around the company holding different positions.
Administrative Coordinator to Facilities Services (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Started on the assembly line and was able to move to a material handler postilion and also did back up scheduling while at the Fairfax, MN location.
Transferred to the Bloomington location as was the Admin. Asst. to the Facilities Services dept.
Created and programmed the security badges. Was part the Safety team making sure the facilities and all departments were in compliance with all safety codes.
Purchased and inventoried parts to support both the facility and manufacturing floor.
Back up the reception desk when needed.
Helped with implementing and training SAP software to all employees in manufacturing departments.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers and made working there a fun environment
Cons
Layoffs and then bought out
Solid Place to work
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaDecember 22, 2014
Good people to work for/with.
Every changing work environment always kept things interesting
I loved working for ADC Telecomunications
Western Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2014
I learned so much at ADC and felt that my work was always appreciated
Employee empowering company.
Lead Machinist/MRP Controller (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 16, 2014
ADC has also ways been a wonderful place to work. Once the company was bought out the new company started to downsize and that is when a lot of my formal coworkers and myself got laid off.
liked the job and my co-workers
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 11, 2014
fun and friendly place to work, hardest part of the job was when the machines didn't what to work the way they were programed to
Pros
friendly co-workers
Great work environment
SAP Functional Support-TE Connectivity (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 8, 2014
great people and company. Great opportunity for advancement
Fast paced and Productive employment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMAugust 18, 2014
Typical work day was based on making sure all stock was up to date. Everyday and the eight hour shift I had to input the quantities of the merchandise that was being packed before it was shipped. My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, we worked as a team. In a few days I had to learn the system quick. I learned to train others to use the system when I had learned it well. The hardest part was the Graveyard shift but the co-workers and the fast paced work made it easier and enjoyable.
Adc
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TN USAAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. Was paid a living wage, More than two weeks notice for travel.Travel expenses were paid on time (reimbursed) .
Pros
Paid living wage
Cons
Traveled often
productive
Tech II Screen Printing (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 1, 2014
ADC in its time was a great place to work with great support and the people or co-workers were very helpful and productive.
Pros
benefits and room for advancement
Cons
relocated
Great Company
Tech III (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 17, 2014
Great company to work for everyday. Great people to work for and with.
Pros
the challange
Cons
had to leave due to reducution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADC Telecommunications. Our community is ready to answer.