ADC Telecommunications Employee Reviews in United States

a great experience
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 9, 2015
I had two sales managers 1 in Grass Valley Ca. where Nvision was located as a broadcast router manufacturer that was purchased by ADC,,

My other manager was located in Minneapolis, MN. and he handled the transitional connectors for broadcast.

it was a great marriage that did not last long enough as the stock price fell and massive layoffs occurred.

ADC bounced back later and was purchased by TYCO.
Pros
Multitask by selling direct, creating dealerships, training dealers
Cons
expense report filing took too long as web was required and I had diaalup:(
good company
Detail and Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca IL.February 9, 2015
Detail and Applications Engineer
Worked directly with clients, sales and operations personnel to implement new business initiatives, and maximize overall customer generated revenue. Accomplishments included:
• Provided detailed design engineering services that required comprehensive and accurate installation specifications
• Produced accurate and timely site surveys based on information received from internal and external sources.
• Processed guidance from engineering on equipment required for field deployments.
• Provided feedback to company management to facilitate overall project improvement.
Was great
Installation Tech III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2015
Was a great company at one time. The new incarnation of this company is Bluestream and it doesn't hold a candle to what ADC was. The quality of people is what made ADC great.
Was able to move around the company holding different positions.
Administrative Coordinator to Facilities Services (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Started on the assembly line and was able to move to a material handler postilion and also did back up scheduling while at the Fairfax, MN location.
Transferred to the Bloomington location as was the Admin. Asst. to the Facilities Services dept.
Created and programmed the security badges. Was part the Safety team making sure the facilities and all departments were in compliance with all safety codes.
Purchased and inventoried parts to support both the facility and manufacturing floor.
Back up the reception desk when needed.
Helped with implementing and training SAP software to all employees in manufacturing departments.
Pros
wonderful coworkers and made working there a fun environment
Cons
layoffs and then bought out
It was pretty good as long as it was Centigram
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 30, 2015
Once it was absorbed by ADC, the company largely lost its identity. Before that acquisition, it was the place where an engineer had been allowed to apply and demonstrate her/his individual creativity.
It was a good place to work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 27, 2015
It was a good place to work until it was sold. Good people, good benefits and good values. Upper management deteriorated over time though.
Fast paced and Productive employment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMAugust 18, 2014
Typical work day was based on making sure all stock was up to date. Everyday and the eight hour shift I had to input the quantities of the merchandise that was being packed before it was shipped. My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, we worked as a team. In a few days I had to learn the system quick. I learned to train others to use the system when I had learned it well. The hardest part was the Graveyard shift but the co-workers and the fast paced work made it easier and enjoyable.
Great Company
Equipment Installer II (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNDecember 6, 2012
A typical day was working normal hours close to 9-5 unless power cuts needed to be completed which was conducted in early morning hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see other areas outside of home area although some of the per diem received did not make up for out of pocket expenses.

The exposure of how telecommunications equipment operated was interesting and allowed for advancement. The co-workers were helpful in training you in areas you were not familiar with.
Pros
training, health benefits
Cons
overall salary compensation on traveling
This was the absolute best compnay I have ever worked for!
Systems/Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2013
Depending on what customer issues were pressing, I could find myself in the lab trying to replicate issues, I could just as easily be on the phone working with a technician to resolve a system outage or I could be traveling to FOA or Beta sites for system turn up and deployment. I learned about HDSL transport systems as well as GR-303 RDT platforms, etc. My direct and indirect management teams were the greatest! They allowed, and listened, to product enhancement suggestions. To this day, I am in frequent contact with one of my co-workers and my supervisor! I can't think of anything that I didn't like about my job.
Pros
great people and a fantastic work atmosphere!
Cons
shut down facility and eventually sold to tyco.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, Ga.March 15, 2012
Working for this company was good, but it was lacking good management and compensation. The warehouse was a bit small and did not leave an adequate amount of room to operate machinery. Overall is was an average company to work for.
Pros
trained employees to use computer software, occasionally offered overtime.
Cons
low pay, high turnover rate, no room for advancement.
Employee empowering company.
Lead Machinist/MRP Controller (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 16, 2014
ADC has also ways been a wonderful place to work. Once the company was bought out the new company started to downsize and that is when a lot of my formal coworkers and myself got laid off.
Too bad they moved to the east coast.
Sr. Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 24, 2013
Great place to work until it moved to the east coast. Promoted from within so good chance of advancement, education benefits. Great bunch of co-workers that still get together occasionally.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
moved out of area to east coast
Very unorganized, Not family freindly
Production Lead/Sales Trainer/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 11, 2012
The pay was good for my education level at the time. I was offered advancement and it never happened no matter what i brought to the table. The company hired a lot of temp employs who would do illegal activity in the parking lot. The company employees were very vulgar and harassed each other a lot not a professional environment at all. The company shutdown the location I worked at two months after telling its employees we were fine and continued to lie to its employees about our job security until they closed leaving its employees in a rough place. I would not go back to work for this company no matter what the position or money was. they also made its employees sign a release when they shutdown paying off there employees with a higher sevrence in return knowing we were using toxic chemicals there.
Pros
the pay
Cons
vulgar, iilegal activite and drug use, prostutution, lyers with no intrest in its employees well being
liked the job and my co-workers
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 11, 2014
fun and friendly place to work, hardest part of the job was when the machines didn't what to work the way they were programed to
Pros
friendly co-workers
productive
Tech II Screen Printing (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 1, 2014
ADC in its time was a great place to work with great support and the people or co-workers were very helpful and productive.
Pros
benefits and room for advancement
Cons
relocated
Solid Place to work
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaDecember 22, 2014
Good people to work for/with.
Every changing work environment always kept things interesting
Adc
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TN USAAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work. Was paid a living wage, More than two weeks notice for travel.Travel expenses were paid on time (reimbursed) .
Pros
paid living wage
Cons
traveled often
I loved working for ADC Telecomunications
Western Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2014
I learned so much at ADC and felt that my work was always appreciated
Good Company
Operations Trainer / Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Lexington SCMarch 20, 2014
Great advancement opportunities. Industry has a big impact on daily life. Job security is great.
Pros
awesome management
Cons
fiber optic industry fluxuates
Very productive. We worked as a family.
Operations Leader II (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, PAJuly 19, 2012
I use to work for ADC back in the late nineties. I loved it. They closed down our facility in 2001. Where can I find another job with them?