ADC Employee Reviews

No comment
Prison Guard (Former Employee) –  Grady, AROctober 9, 2017
Prison needs a lot of improvement! No comment on the rest of the situation! Adc benefits are well nobody really works together at the Varner unit wish things were better.
Pros
Going home safe
Cons
Never took breaks
stressful
Correctional Officer I (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 26, 2017
this job is not for those who are weak minded. i would recommend someone to work here straight out of high school. this job should be a last resort if you cant find your desired pay anywhere else. it is a dangerous field in my opinion.
Pros
pay
Cons
dangerous inmates
Individuals who work in the ADC need training, patience, compassion and a desire to help others feel comfortable
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 24, 2017
A constant busy environment as individuals are disabled. Supervision, patience and ability to help in crisis circumstances needed to fully operate the Program ADC.
Pros
Atmosphere can be cheerful
Cons
On constant alert.
Financial compensation is great
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 12, 2017
Company allows for travel to other locations, and pays very well for the right staff. Always looking for additional qualified personnel. Supervisor and HR personnel are very helpful.
Pros
Pays well
Adc
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Grady, ARJuly 9, 2017
A typical day at work i had to take care of 78 inmates on my own. I had to feed them and check on them. I spent 12 hours a day with them.
The hardest part of the job was being confined in the cell block for 12 hours and knowing 78 peoples lives are in you're hands.
Pros
Paid very well.
Cons
Being confined in a unsafe environment and being far awah from home.
Proactive work environment.
Ambulatory Diagnostic Center (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2017
Daily we have anywhere from 250-400 patients which we admit and prepare for their medical exams. The hardest part of this job is that there are few employees and a lot of traffic (of patients).
Good starting job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJJune 27, 2017
The environment was great. The pay was ok I was walking part time while in high school so I had no benefits or anything. The management was good. It was an overall good first job.
Pros
I learned to deal with people.
Cons
People's attitudes weren't that good
I love the stability i felt there
Co 1 (Former Employee) –  Grady, ARApril 20, 2017
My overall review of ADC was the stability I mention as well as the benefits that's go we'll for My family size. Its a great opportunity as well as a good investment for a absolutely wonderful future.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Dangerous job. Closterphibic
okay place to work
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MD 21236September 19, 2016
i started working at goodwill about a year ago and at first it seemed like an amazing job and the management was amazing. after a few months many changes happened and managers started leaving which really messed up alot of things. goodwill has the potential to be an amazing company to work for. the only problems i have had was with the management because most managers i have worked with were very unprofessional.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
short breaks bad management
The job is very unorganized and staff is complacent
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grady, ARSeptember 12, 2016
This agency is all about pushing responsibility down hill. Most of the people who work here have made it a career, and the turn-over rate is high. Management start to treat employees like they treat inmates or sometimes worse. The rehabilitation of clients is a joke. It is one of the most stressful jobs in the state, and always understaffed.
Pros
Good Healthcare benefits
Cons
No real management
Best employers ever
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 8, 2016
My time with ADC was amazing really. They work for the doctors not the other way around. I scheduled new patient appointments, sent messages to the doctor and or nurses. Returned phone calls. Completed medical record requests. I as well was responsible for the accounts payable. I ran the daily copay reports, and helped with my patients the best way I could every day.
Good working conditions
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Township of Monroe, NJJuly 11, 2016
A warehouse setting where the superiors are fair and understanding. They distribute work responsibilities efficiently.
Very professional treatment to staff
Investigator (Independant Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2016
Very flexible work schedule and work independently
Meet different kind of people in all walks of life
Management is professional
speak consistently to one colleague
On occasionally to ADC staff concerning work
Hardest part of my job is contacting residential sources
The most enjoyable thing, is the flexible schedule, meeting people, and providing service to the federal government.
Great place to work, very friendly - like a family
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2016
This was a fantastic job for me. I had such a good relationship with my coworkers and management. It was really easy to communicate with everyone. A typical day started off with checking my emails and voicemail, then having a departmental meeting and beginning my tasks for the day.The best this about this job was working with my coworkers.
Every day was a new adventure and could pose a challenge. I learned great managerial skills.
Food Services Manager/Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARMay 20, 2016
A typical day in food services could consist of anything at any time. I learned the ability to make decisions under pressure and how to be prepared for anything at any time. I had great leadership and training available to learn from. I learned to do weekly inventory, ordering, and schedules for over 50 employees. It involved long hours, sometimes stressful situations, and the opportunity to really have to take charge at times. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, from the people to the situations I endured. Most of all I enjoyed the opportunity to learn the managerial skills that could help me later in life.
Fun atmosphere
library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
Loved the job but it was time to go. The culture was not a very positive atmosphere. Working in the library and repairing books maintaining the computer inventory along with working with customers was fun.
Pros
Lots of books to read
Cons
the culture was bad.
focus
construction (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 3, 2016
fast paced
great energetic enviroment
good co workers
learned how to build a house
everyday is a hard day at work
the most enjoyable part of the job is when job is over and get to go home
Pros
good money
Cons
hard work
Great first Job
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This was a great place to work as Intern still in school. I was able to work on interesting projects and work with them during construction as well.
Great People to work for.
L-4 Installer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
I had the pleasure in working in there were house years ago and I like how thy made it easy to build equipment before install, No Mistakes fast .
Pros
Na
Cons
Now Blue Stream
bad, just bad
Tactical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2015
All around poor company to work for. high pressure, no input, lousy work/life balance. Staffed for massive workload but lay off occurred regularly when demand fell (seasonally) as it always did in the winter