Addison Behavioral Resources

Addison Behavioral Resources Employer Reviews

ABR really cares about their employees & families, hard time calling out, not enough work & unorganized scheduler
BI (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAApril 15, 2013
Pros: great quarterly/semi annual parties, great owners, love the addisons!!! great kids.
Cons: hassel calling in if your sick, lack of work, no sick pay for part timers, no pay if clients call in, lack of clarity and direction when contacting the office.
I really like ABR as a company. I feel that they are heading in the right direction but still have some major kinks that need to be figured out. They have intense training (which can be good or bad-depending on how you look at it), great owners (you can tell that they really care about their team and families),awesome parties, open to listen to your – more... feedback and can be a great support if your feeling lost, confused or unsure of something. The hardest part of the job is if a client cancels on you you lose out on pay and it's typically last minute. Another BIG issue is how much of a hassle it is to call in from this organization. I have never had to go through so many hoops to call in sick. When your feeling sick, the last thing you want to do is, call the sup, call the office, put a memo on your schedule and now they have a new thing where you have to even fill out a form. I'm not one to call in but the few times I have it was such a headache, so much that I've even gone to work feeling horrible. Another thing that seems strange is they don't want you to text them if your sick or have schedule changes but they can text you if they want you to fill in for a sick person. It also seems like they say they want you to succeed and advance in ABR but when you try to pursue it, it's really hard to find someone helpful. There seems to be a lack of clear communication in the office, one person with tell you something and then another says something completely different, it can be a bit frustrating. Being that ABR is rapidly growing, they are pretty busy in the office and sometimes it take a while to get in contact with someone-which isn't always there fault. They do need more help in the office and need a bigger space since we have outgrown our current location. On the plus side, I adore working with my clients which makes the little frustrations worth while. I wish they offered more hours b/c I love what I do, unfortunately working for ABR you will most likely need a second job b/c the income doesn't pay for the cost of living-unless you were in a higher paying position that is full time. The average BI works 6-15hrs/wk and the pay is pretty comparable to other ABA companies-just don't know if you'd get management that cares so much about you at another place. Another thing that it difficult is if you do have a full time job, going to school full time, have kids and a family, it can be hard to keep up on the e-mails and rendering the appts. I often forget with my family, job and school, it's hard to remember to render and lock my schedule so I can get paid. I do wish that ABR had some refresher training courses offered to their BI's because some times you forget what you learned or want newer ideas or techniques and although you are suppose to go to your supervisors, they aren't always helpful b/c they have a full load of clients already that it's hard to get CLEAR feedback, training,etc. Overall, my experience working with this company has been pretty good. I have worked for ABR a little over a year now and give my actual working experience a 3 out of 5. I hope in the near future ABR makes some of these changes to make it easier for us part-timers that have other obligations at work, school and families. – less
Great Place to work people are friendly, fun and professional. Good work being done here!
Current Employee (Current Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunches, regular geneourious raises, car washes
Cons: we have out grown office space
Very impressed with the professional and friendly environment. Wish I had found this place earlier in my career. Management if very caring, flexible and professional. Everyone works very well as a team for the betterment of children’s lives. Everyone is very busy but still maintains their smiles and teamwork.
Good job
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: proactive help
Cons: not enough work
This job has productive employees with a helpful administrative staff willing to help whenever possible. The clinical supervisors are very knowledgeable and very proactive in helping their employees.