Addison Behavioral Resources Employee Reviews

not enough money for the amount of work
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Almost great position if you don't have any children and single and if you like to dedicate 50+ hours to the job. There are too many steps to be followed for certain things, there is too much busy work required. The pay and "benefits" are definitely not enough to compensate for the work load vested upon this position.

During interview I was even asked if I had children of my own. Not a good feeling right from the interview.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
have to make-up for the time spent from the holiday to complete the work
Excellent place for advancement, an honorable career.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 1, 2017
This was the most demanding job I personally have ever had. Working with autistic children takes a heart of gold and nerves of steel! Management was very supportive of learning and advancing to higher positions within the company which I really appreciated, however I was not cut out for this type of work.
The best part was being able to work with the children, most were so sweet and innocent and just needed a lot of help.
The hardest part was sticking to a strict curriculum designed by the agency, working inside peoples homes, and unfortunately many times dealing with violence from the children.
Pros
Children, advancement
Cons
Working inside peoples homes, difficulty of working with children with autism
Great Pay but not enough work
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I really love this job. The supervisors are extremely helpful and supportive! They always have something good to say and they won't criticize you for the areas that you need to work on. Instead, they'll guide you through it and help you in any way they can until you feel comfortable. It is easy to contact the office whenever you need anything, but they don't always get back to you when they say they will. But a friendly reminder always works so they'll get back to you right away. They don't offer very many useful toys to use for session so I just buy my own from thrift stores.
Pros
Great pay, supportive and helpful case supervisors, rewarding job
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun company to work with
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 15, 2014
Everyone is super nice. The only down part about this job is that ir requires way too much driving.
ABR really cares about their employees & families, hard time calling out, not enough work & unorganized scheduler
BI (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 15, 2013
I really like ABR as a company. I feel that they are heading in the right direction but still have some major kinks that need to be figured out. They have intense training (which can be good or bad-depending on how you look at it), great owners (you can tell that they really care about their team and families),awesome parties, open to listen to your feedback and can be a great support if your feeling lost, confused or unsure of something. The hardest part of the job is if a client cancels on you you lose out on pay and it's typically last minute. Another BIG issue is how much of a hassle it is to call in from this organization. I have never had to go through so many hoops to call in sick. When your feeling sick, the last thing you want to do is, call the sup, call the office, put a memo on your schedule and now they have a new thing where you have to even fill out a form. I'm not one to call in but the few times I have it was such a headache, so much that I've even gone to work feeling horrible. Another thing that seems strange is they don't want you to text them if your sick or have schedule changes but they can text you if they want you to fill in for a sick person. It also seems like they say they want you to succeed and advance in ABR but when you try to pursue it, it's really hard to find someone helpful. There seems to be a lack of clear communication in the office, one person with tell you something and then another says something completely different, it can be a bit frustrating. Being that ABR is rapidly growing, they are pretty busy in the office and sometimes it take  more... a while to get in contact with someone-which isn't always there fault. They do need more help in the office and need a bigger space since we have outgrown our current location. On the plus side, I adore working with my clients which makes the little frustrations worth while. I wish they offered more hours b/c I love what I do, unfortunately working for ABR you will most likely need a second job b/c the income doesn't pay for the cost of living-unless you were in a higher paying position that is full time. The average BI works 6-15hrs/wk and the pay is pretty comparable to other ABA companies-just don't know if you'd get management that cares so much about you at another place. Another thing that it difficult is if you do have a full time job, going to school full time, have kids and a family, it can be hard to keep up on the e-mails and rendering the appts. I often forget with my family, job and school, it's hard to remember to render and lock my schedule so I can get paid. I do wish that ABR had some refresher training courses offered to their BI's because some times you forget what you learned or want newer ideas or techniques and although you are suppose to go to your supervisors, they aren't always helpful b/c they have a full load of clients already that it's hard to get CLEAR feedback, training,etc. Overall, my experience working with this company has been pretty good. I have worked for ABR a little over a year now and give my actual working experience a 3 out of 5. I hope in the near future ABR makes some of these changes to make it easier for us part-timers that have other obligations at work, school and families.  less
Pros
great quarterly/semi annual parties, great owners, love the addisons!!! great kids.
Cons
hassel calling in if your sick, lack of work, no sick pay for part timers, no pay if clients call in, lack of clarity and direction when contacting the office.
Great Place to work people are friendly, fun and professional. Good work being done here!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 13, 2012
Very impressed with the professional and friendly environment. Wish I had found this place earlier in my career. Management if very caring, flexible and professional. Everyone works very well as a team for the betterment of children’s lives. Everyone is very busy but still maintains their smiles and teamwork.
Pros
free lunches, regular geneourious raises, car washes
Cons
we have out grown office space
Good job
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 22, 2012
This job has productive employees with a helpful administrative staff willing to help whenever possible. The clinical supervisors are very knowledgeable and very proactive in helping their employees.
Pros
proactive help
Cons
not enough work