ADDISON GROUP

ADDISON GROUP Employer Reviews

Company is diverse.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: temp to perm
I would recommend Addison Group - highly professional. I enjoyed working with them on various assignments.
I had accounting assignments and each assignment provided me with new programs and diverse surroundings.
Consistent
Administrative Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2014
I have had a great experience with Addison Group. Compared to the other agencies I've worked with, I must say they are very organized and consistent in giving me work.

For the most part, the jobs they reach out to me about are aligned with my experience however, every once in awhile there will be a low-paying entry level type of job that makes me go "huh?"
Adequate temp agency
Data Entry/Administrative Support (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Pros: better than nothing
Cons: lag-time in response from agency-contacts
My opinion would be higher, had I received more advance-notice of the end of my last assignment. I was not notified until after the fact, on the Sunday morning following my last day of Friday.
Stay Away!!!!
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Tulsa OkNovember 6, 2014
Pros: the company with the project i was placed at i made great contacts and referrences.
Cons: completely unprofessional bordering on dangerous behavior.
Was recruited for project will large corporation and
was advised of hourly wage submittal.
When I received first paycheck, was shorted $1 an hour. I asked the other contractor on the job if he was being paid what he was told.
He stated they shorted him $2 an hour.
I contacted the recruiter and was given the run around. The corporation hiring manager heard us talking about it and asked what was up. We told him and he then contacted human resource who contacted the staffing company account manager. I then received a call from the staffing account manager and was accused of starting trouble on the job. This was untrue. I was asked and told the manager of our predicament. They changed the pay rate to what we were told but they did not adjust it from the contract inception. i then called the staffing account manager and left a voice mail regarding the issue.
The staffing company then attempted to have me removed from the job via the onsite hiring manager who refused as I was performing above expectations. The co-contractor then started getting threatening text messages how I was almost fired in attempts to keep him quiet. They did pay me back pay from the inception of the contract, but not him. I then got a call from the staffing office manager advising to stop talking about it and was also trying to get me to say something to remove me from the job. That i should be grateful they got me a job...etcT he job and the people at that corp were great and it was a great place to work.
The contract got extended and the staffing company did not contact me to advise me that it was. I believe this was an attempt to have me not show up and then claim I left the job.
Stay away from this staffing company!!!
They have been on my linkeIn page for who knows what devious reason.
More than likely to attempt to demonize or vilify me further.
Be warned!!!!
Fast and Professional
A/R Follow-Up Rep (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 4, 2014
Pros: fast, professional, welcoming
Cons: none thus far
I recently interviewed with Addison Group located in the DTC. Their office and recruiters were professional and inviting. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and within a few days I had interviewed with a few healthcare companies located in the Denver area. My recruiter was professional and concise with setting up the interview and placing me into the position I am currently working at.
Great Place for temporary work
Representative - Leigh Warren (Former Employee), okc,okOctober 6, 2014
Addison Group was to help find jobs until I could find a permanent job.
Conversion consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Was able to place me at a solid company for an extended engagement
Great staff
Accounting Professional (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: they have a wide client base.
Recruiters hard at work to find the right fit. Very proactive and good follow up communication.
Staffing Agency
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2014
The staff was great. My personal recruiter was helpful. The recruiter assisting me was great, however, I have worked a little more driven recruiters and polite.
Cutting edge technology and an amazing group of professionals
Helpdesk IT Support Tech (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: weekly team meetings that provided training and insight on the direction of our department
Cons: when our call volume decreased
I successfully collaborated with a diverse team of seasoned professional daily in an effort to investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical related issues on a continual basis. Each individual brought a unique talent and knowledge to the professional table that propelled our department to the most accomplished I.T department that the company has ever encountered and our management team provided insight and guidance that did not restrict, but allowed our team to excel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to correct I.T related issues that users encountered and received praise for a job well done and the hardest part occurred when we were not receiving because our division that was almost 2 years old became self sufficient and we played a part in that process and progress.
Temporary agency
Exec Assistant/Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2014
I have accepted many temporary assignments from this agency. All temporary assignments have been for the same organization but different departments or locations.
Bad Choice
Possible Job Candidate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
Cons: bad attitudes, pompous behavior etc
The Addison Group is filled with pompous little people that don't understand that they are trying to place someone in a different work environment for a commission that actually are more educated and knowledgeable than themselves. There are way too many of these placement firms and not enough people that are actually qualified for most of these positions. Steer clear of Addison, try Alijon as they are much more in tune with reality.
Typical Day
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, short day on friday
Cons: it is a contract position and i am ready for a more stable environment.
I begin the day by addressing emails, which may include matching approvals, following up on statements, or addressing invoicing issues. Once this is completed, I begin by creating invoices that are generated by payroll. I cross check pay rates and gain necessary approvals for changes.
Opportunties Available on Contract Basis
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: opportunity to meet several executives and co-workers
Cons: i prefer to work for one employer instead of moving from job to job.
Currently I am working at Addison Group on contract positions while seeking full time employment, My Executive Assistant responsibilities include: Executive Assistant responsibilities working at various firms handling all travel coordination, airlines, car rentals, and hotels. Maintain CEO’s, Vice President’s calendars, expense reports, schedule meetings and travel. Responsible with the preparation of documents for all stages of corporate transactions necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities. Preparation for closing of various corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and initial public offerings. I am consistently busy in the contract positions that I have worked so far.
However, I am anxiously seeking full time and consistent job opportunity,
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 15, 2014
I do 150-200 invoices per day. The co-workers and environment is great, but I need room to grow
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2014
Early morning and mid afternoon are typically busy with calls and emails with breaks in between. I've advanced with my skills in computers and customer service. My co-workers are nice and easy going. Its a overall great place to work at and become permanant for the future.
This is a contract company
AS/400 Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2014
Pros: free donut
Cons: not a secured job
Good company to work for, but opening for AS/400 is not much.
There is no security as full time job.
Business Consulting Sevices
Accountant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2014
Financial Analyst performing Accounts Receivable functions for a Natural Gas Pipeline Company. Responsibilities included Accounts Receivable, documenting Accounts Receivable job in Columbus, OH and transitioning that job to Tulsa, appling and posting cash, collections of past due invoices, reconciliations of account receivable, and SOX Compliance testing on accountants receivable.
They only care about the fee
Accounting (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2013
This company is horrible. They will place you in a position, collect the fee, and walk away. I was placed in a horrible position. I spoke to the consultant several times, expressing my concerns. I was told that things were going to get better, but they only got worse. Even though I left the position, I was told that they would still work with me. That was several months ago. I have not received a single phone call. When I call, I am transferred to voice mail.

My advice is to stay away from all agencies. There is a reason why they don't advertise their names in ads on Craigslist.
Great Atmosphere
Finance and Accounting Recruiter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2013
The atmosphere and people were fantastic. Great place to work for.