Java Developer at Agency (Financial District)
Established independent agency is seeking a clever Java Magnolia theme developer with a minimum of two years experience building CMS-driven websites.
Team up with our designers and front-end developers to make award-winning websites come to life. The ability to build custom and stable themes using few third party plugins is key.
We have a very exciting new project that requires developing on the Magnolia CMS using Spring MVC, JBoss, Mongo, and Linux RedHat stack.
Above all you should be a self-starter with a passion for your work, be natural compulsion to search for knowledge and creative problem solving skills.
This is a freelance to full-time track position. We’ll spec out a workstation for you so you can have your own custom set-up.
- Solid Java development skills, working to develop Java platform CMS themes
- Ability to customize CMS’s (eg. custom fields, etc.) with minimal use of plugins
- Experience doing web development for major/NYC agency and/or Fortune 500 company or similar
- Portfolio of successful digital projects completed
- Kindness, empathy and a willingness to listen
- Experience with PHP or ASP.NET (MSFT) a plus
- A bachelors degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
- Experience using project management tools such as Basecamp, Github etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical processes in simple language
- Collaborate with/advise front end design and programming team
- Strict adherence to schedules
- Execute regular code delivery via GitHub and other developer workflow tools
- Test work across all in-scope browsers, trouble shoot inconsistencies and perform cross-browser reconciliation
- Review and confirm code with engineers
- Enjoy entrepreneurial environment
- Have a natural curiosity for emerging trends and technologies, and willingness to share learnings
- Keen attention to detail