AddThis

AddThis Employer Reviews

ReTargeting Platform
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2013
Pros: trading desks contacts and how they operate
Cons: team calls canceled a lot
AddThis allowed me to get deeper into Trading desks, DSP's and DMP's.
Solving Problems with Smart People and Great Perks
Lead Developer (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: hackathons, smart people, free lunches
I get to work with smart and passionate people to solve truly interesting and unique problems. I am amazed at the reach and impact AddThis has on the Internet and how my contribution actually makes a difference. My code and work is literally on everyone's computer, laptop and phone considering almost everyone will hit one of the 14+ million sites using – more... AddThis. Free lunches, ping-pong, foosball and a XBox 360 make it easy to work hard and play hard. – less
Challenging and fun place to be
Engineering (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: respected, well taken care of, collaborative environment, smart people
Cons: no retirement plans
Smart motivated self starters, not a bunch of egos, but from the top down people that are genuinely interested in helping to push forward. I get the chance to work across teams & with fellow developers that stretch my own skills. I set my goals, working with management to make sure they fit the business; they want me to be a rock star, and will help – more... me achieve it. I like the variety of work, and the fact that my ideas are taken seriously, even turning into real projects.

There is not a ton of structure, it's assumed that we are all adults and we'll work to get results. I put more pressure on my self to achieve than does management, we all work hard. I really enjoy my coworkers, they are the smartest people I've ever worked with. This is a fun place to be, the people are great, the projects are interesting, and we are well taken care of. It seems to be working, the company is growing, making money. This is the first startup I've been with that is genuinely positioned for success. – less
three words fun, entrepreneurial & ping pong
Engineer (Current Employee), Vienna VaMarch 11, 2013
late stage stable start-up, thought leaders in cutting edge tech.
Great tech-oriented culture
Sr Developer (Current Employee), Vienna ,VAMarch 11, 2013
Good salary and benefits, free catered lunches, hackathons. Company respects the engineering side and invests in all the right places. This is the place to make significant impact and see the fruits of your labor as millions of people around the world touch our products. Great opportunities to work with cutting-edge tech.
cool people, cool work, cool toys
Manager (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 11, 2013
working with smart people and having fun at the same time! No time sheets, flexible schedules, catered lunches everyday.
Very glad to be here
Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VaMarch 11, 2013
I've been with the company nearly a year and I'm very glad I am working here. I am excited to come into work every day and enjoy the challenges that are part of the job. Each day presents new challenges and opportunities to grow. There is collaboration between peers and departments which can lead to innovative ways of working together.
Creative and entertaining workplace w/ sweet game room!
Acct Mngr (Current Employee), VAMarch 8, 2013
Surrounded by brilliant co-workers who encourage and support innovation. Sick brand new game room. Free lunch catered daily. Snacks and drinks galore (healthy and not so)! Great leadership! Hack-a-thons! Inspirational guest speakers. Comfortable workspace. Freedom to work from home. Super friendly co-workers.
Great work and play environment with a diverse group of talented people.
User Experience Designer (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches and snacks daily, excellent balance between work and play, work from home option, flexible hours
AddThis is made of talented developers, designers, etc. The diversity of the company is great. There's an abundant amount of opportunities to collaborate with people from different areas of the company. I'm continuing to learn and grow in my field working with a team that consists of people with different backgrounds and experiences. There are always – more... opportunities to explore new product ideas. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the people and the ability to explore and work on creative and innovative projects. – less
Dont AddThis to your resume. Stay far away!
Internet (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 27, 2012
Pros: a decent lunch here and there
Cons: reporting to a micro -manager. management addthis
The company identifies itself as an internet start-up with many perks. Catered lunches, flexible schedules, work at home options and that they compete for the best talent.... yada , yada yada. Job hunter beware. They are as about as flexible as a 2X4. Expect to be monitored with a GPS from day one. The office is a infested bug trap. They only have the – more... catered lunches to keep you chained to your desk during the day. The Founder was pretty much forced out by a current CEO from Yahoo ..We all know what is going on with YAHOO.....

As for talent..not much of it. Most of the programmers and staff don't even hold a candle to the other internet boomers in the area as far as pedigree. The company doesn't do a background check nor an education check therefore who knows if their programmers even know code. Let's then again reference their current CEO. Good-luck, AddThis. – less
Fun, innovative and fast paced environment
Advertising Operations Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: good team work environment, excellent pay, great salary and benefits
Cons: life/work balance
Upper management was great here - they were smart, savvy, and always stayed in touch with their employees. Salary and compensation was also fantastic, along with the job itself.

About AddThis

You may know us as the web's largest social infrastructure and analytics platform. We've been helping publishers and brands weave – Read more