Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Assisiting the elderly in maintaining their daily lives. I learned that it takes patiences, sympathy and empathy in commiting to their daily needs.
Assisting in Taking care of Elderly Patients (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Management is overloaded with limited ablilty to assist employees with issues
Cons: Not a lot of contact with coworkers accept for meetings
Assisiting the elderly in maintaining their daily lives. I've learned that it takes patiences, sympathy and empathy in commiting to their daily needs. I do not have a lot of contact with coworkers until there are company meetings. The hardest part of my job is becoming very close to clients, developing important relationships with them and because of their age I have had to accept that they will expire at some point and I do grieve for them because we become close as family.
Caring staff
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMJuly 22, 2015
I loved that it felt like you were apart of a big team that cared for every ones concerns and problems. They were very on top of any problems that occurred and were always concerned about the quality of care given to the clients.
I enjoyed teraveling to many different locations.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Being able to help patients
Cons: not being able to assist them with some things
A typical day at work for this job was commuting to the patient home and being able to help them with their daily activities. some patients were much easier than others. but I enjoyed seeing smiles on each one of their faces.
not enough work
Caregiver (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 17, 2015
The organization skills could have been better. Clients weren't really happy with the company because of lack of communication but really enjoyed the caregivers and in home services.
okay place to work
Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), milford delawareJuly 9, 2015
Pros: no pros at all
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work for me was going into peoples home bathing dressing and cleaning. making sure they had breakfast and lunch and that there environment was safe
Caregiver
Non-certified caregiver (Former Employee), Niles ILJune 30, 2015
I always had short hrs, driving clients to appts, and helping them with house work, dressing, bathing. I asked my boss for more hrs and she never had any for me.
Housekeeping
housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Tips free lunch
Cons: uniforms 15 rooms
Meet with supervisor to get schedule cleaned 15 room in 8hrs. There was favoritism. Only seen them when famous people checked in. They were friendly. Finishing all 15 rooms. Tips and lunch
Low pay, no advancement, never issued certificate or ID
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Rapport with seniors, sense of accomplishment getting tasks completed.
Cons: Low pay, no advancement, most jobs require personal care duties.
Did not receive pay for first 2 months due to office error. Another time my paperwork was misplaced and I did not make copies- (always make copies). Was sent out twice to clients who were not expecting me and had to return home.Was never given printed Plan of Care for client ahead of time so made for awkward misunderstandings getting off on a bad foot when was different from what I was told verbally.Never – more... given Certificate I trained for uncompensated or given ID to present to clients. Was in awkward spot where I personally lent client $40+ for needed groceries, was never reimbursed by client or company-(my mistake).
If there is a "team" working for the senior, such as social worker, Doctors, hospice,nurses, relatives etc- always left out of the loop, your input is never asked for even though you are the person who spends the most time with them and witness any change of physical condition, abilities, etc. Treated job-wise like maid or servant by the seniors and company and other professionals not as an educated and trained senior paraprofessional worker.
Wanted to go into job to help seniors maintain lifestyle. Instead felt insulted that the overall perception and treatment by the seniors as well as the company and relatives is with suspicion that you must be doing this profession because you are either a thief, below normal intelligence or simply cannot get any other kind of job, Sometimes also felt isolated and did not have a larger network of support to help deal with larger issues and needs that the seniors had but were outside of your jobs scope.

Yes the pay was low, yes some of the work was unpleasant, but it was after doing all the work you could do to help their interests and being insulted and treated with suspicion on top of it was the last straw for me. Never, ever had to deal with that in any job I have ever worked for in my life!

I do have to say, yes, I do not recommend going into this line of work at all and would suggest gaining job skills for other work. – less
productive and fun place to work with flexible scheduling
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Swansea, ILJune 27, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: not full time
working here is a great opportunity to meet new people and helps develope people skills its a fairly laid back work expreince with freindly staff and managemnet that is knowledgable and experienced
Company that is set up that you work for relatives and work from home.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: Contacting office management.
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to care for mother during illness. The most difficult part is that in order to sustain employment, you have to bring in clients. I learned how to be effective as my own supervisor as there was no direct supervision, and that made me responsible for making sure all relative information was complete and turned on on time.
Working for Addus!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: high call volumes
I like that you can change your schedule every week to make it convenient for the client and yourself. I would recommend people to work for this agency.
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILJune 6, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: leaving the work place
Treat you patients with respect. Have to clean and do you job to the best of your knowledge. everyone is nice in the home health field.
Lots of traveling and a great veriety of clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 30, 2015
This is a great place to work with lots of room for learning to improve your skills and getting to know your clients one on one. The hous are very flexable and a lot of differnt opportunities to work in differnt places.
The Best Part Time Position
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Homewood, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: Rewards for good service.
Cons: Families did not comply in bad weather.
Excellent place of employment, Asst. with seniors, had a great time working there . The staff made it a very joyful experience.
No forward mobility
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 15, 2015
Not much career growth.

Policy/payroll changes unorganized.

Job culture is poor, employees are treated unfair; overworked and underpaid.
Care giver assisting clients in need of assistance.
Care Provider/Customer Service (Current Employee), Homewood, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits.
Cons: Pay is not good enough, lack of management.
Consistently provides excellent home services daily, to elders in need.
Productive service rep. achieving high call satisfaction reviews.
Greet clients, mail distribution
Productive job that allowed me to help people stay in their homes and make my schedule in order to continue my education.
Homemaker (Former Employee), Marion, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: I was able to make my own schedule
Cons: I needed a higher pay rate
I assisted clients with activities of daily living in their home when necessary; I also did light housekeeping and provided transportation to and from doctor appointments and/ or the grocery store. I learned a lot from each resident I worked for, including the importance of documentation and reporting changes in the client's health status.I reported directly to my supervisor, and mainly worked by myself. The hardest part of my job was having a client die; the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the client and having them treat me as part of their family.
Caring for my Clients
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great work enviornment, Self Supervision, Variety
Throughout my past year with Addus Healthcare the experience has been wonderful. Being a Home Care Aide allows me to meet a lot of wonderful people. Not one work day is ever really the same which is awesome. Most of my time is really spent with my clients so my co-workers are only really seen when I go into the office or to a meeting. The hardest part of the job is when its time to move on due to circumstances that unfortunately we sometimes have no control of or you are assigned to someone else, Most of the time you have grown to have a good relationship with them. What I value most about this job is that I have the opportunity to help someone.
Great Patient care services
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Healthcare Services
Cons: job advancement
wonderful company to work for good patient care services of helping to assure excellent patient care to all patients and future clients.
working with the elderly was very rewarding and a great history lesson
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 9, 2015
While working with the elderly was very rewarding, it was also very heart breaking for me at times. I established very close relations with my clients, being limited to what I was allowed to do for them and then losing them was very emotional for me. I was glad I was able to help them however I could. I was blessed to know them and learn so much from them. I am forever greatful.
Industry