Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Housekeeping
housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Tips free lunch
Cons: uniforms 15 rooms
Meet with supervisor to get schedule cleaned 15 room in 8hrs. There was favoritism. Only seen them when famous people checked in. They were friendly. Finishing all 15 rooms. Tips and lunch
Low pay, no advancement, never issued certificate or ID
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Rapport with seniors, sense of accomplishment getting tasks completed.
Cons: Low pay, no advancement, most jobs require personal care duties.
Did not receive pay for first 2 months due to office error. Another time my paperwork was misplaced and I did not make copies- (always make copies). Was sent out twice to clients who were not expecting me and had to return home.Was never given printed Plan of Care for client ahead of time so made for awkward misunderstandings getting off on a bad foot when was different from what I was told verbally.Never given Certificate I trained for uncompensated or given ID to present to clients. Was in awkward spot where I personally lent client $40+ for needed groceries, was never reimbursed by client or company-(my mistake).
If there is a "team" working for the senior, such as social worker, Doctors, hospice,nurses, relatives etc- always left out of the loop, your input is never asked for even though you are the person who spends the most time with them and witness any change of physical condition, abilities, etc. Treated job-wise like maid or servant by the seniors and company and other professionals not as an educated and trained senior paraprofessional worker.
Wanted to go into job to help seniors maintain lifestyle. Instead felt insulted that the overall perception and treatment by the seniors as well as the company and relatives is with suspicion that you must be doing this profession because you are either a thief, below normal intelligence or simply cannot get any other kind of job, Sometimes also felt isolated and did not have a larger network of support to help deal with larger issues and needs that the seniors had but were outside of your jobs scope.

Yes – more... the pay was low, yes some of the work was unpleasant, but it was after doing all the work you could do to help their interests and being insulted and treated with suspicion on top of it was the last straw for me. Never, ever had to deal with that in any job I have ever worked for in my life!

I do have to say, yes, I do not recommend going into this line of work at all and would suggest gaining job skills for other work. – less
productive and fun place to work with flexible scheduling
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Swansea, ILJune 27, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: not full time
working here is a great opportunity to meet new people and helps develope people skills its a fairly laid back work expreince with freindly staff and managemnet that is knowledgable and experienced
Company that is set up that you work for relatives and work from home.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: Contacting office management.
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to care for mother during illness. The most difficult part is that in order to sustain employment, you have to bring in clients. I learned how to be effective as my own supervisor as there was no direct supervision, and that made me responsible for making sure all relative information was complete and turned on on time.
Working for Addus!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: high call volumes
I like that you can change your schedule every week to make it convenient for the client and yourself. I would recommend people to work for this agency.
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILJune 6, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: leaving the work place
Treat you patients with respect. Have to clean and do you job to the best of your knowledge. everyone is nice in the home health field.
Lots of traveling and a great veriety of clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 30, 2015
This is a great place to work with lots of room for learning to improve your skills and getting to know your clients one on one. The hous are very flexable and a lot of differnt opportunities to work in differnt places.
The Best Part Time Position
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Homewood, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: Rewards for good service.
Cons: Families did not comply in bad weather.
Excellent place of employment, Asst. with seniors, had a great time working there . The staff made it a very joyful experience.
No forward mobility
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 15, 2015
Not much career growth.

Policy/payroll changes unorganized.

Job culture is poor, employees are treated unfair; overworked and underpaid.
Care giver assisting clients in need of assistance.
Care Provider/Customer Service (Current Employee), Homewood, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits.
Cons: Pay is not good enough, lack of management.
Consistently provides excellent home services daily, to elders in need.
Productive service rep. achieving high call satisfaction reviews.
Greet clients, mail distribution
Productive job that allowed me to help people stay in their homes and make my schedule in order to continue my education.
Homemaker (Former Employee), Marion, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: I was able to make my own schedule
Cons: I needed a higher pay rate
I assisted clients with activities of daily living in their home when necessary; I also did light housekeeping and provided transportation to and from doctor appointments and/ or the grocery store. I learned a lot from each resident I worked for, including the importance of documentation and reporting changes in the client's health status.I reported directly to my supervisor, and mainly worked by myself. The hardest part of my job was having a client die; the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the client and having them treat me as part of their family.
Caring for my Clients
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great work enviornment, Self Supervision, Variety
Throughout my past year with Addus Healthcare the experience has been wonderful. Being a Home Care Aide allows me to meet a lot of wonderful people. Not one work day is ever really the same which is awesome. Most of my time is really spent with my clients so my co-workers are only really seen when I go into the office or to a meeting. The hardest part of the job is when its time to move on due to circumstances that unfortunately we sometimes have no control of or you are assigned to someone else, Most of the time you have grown to have a good relationship with them. What I value most about this job is that I have the opportunity to help someone.
Great Patient care services
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Healthcare Services
Cons: job advancement
wonderful company to work for good patient care services of helping to assure excellent patient care to all patients and future clients.
working with the elderly was very rewarding and a great history lesson
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 9, 2015
While working with the elderly was very rewarding, it was also very heart breaking for me at times. I established very close relations with my clients, being limited to what I was allowed to do for them and then losing them was very emotional for me. I was glad I was able to help them however I could. I was blessed to know them and learn so much from them. I am forever greatful.
Review
Med Aide Certified (Former Employee), canyonville, oregonApril 7, 2015
I learned so much at this job. Skills that I would take with me and use on a day to day basis. I grew such an attatchement to the residents.
Small Company
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 30, 2015
The staff is nice and very friendly. There is no one working with you and the client's homes which means no co-workers. There is minimal supervision from the office.
Great
Home care aide (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 26, 2015
Assist elderly with activities of daily living. Run errands. Do shopping and assist with personal care. I love what I do because I love to help those that cannot help themselves.
Caring for others
Health Aide (Current Employee), chicago, ilMarch 25, 2015
Pros: sometimes its hard to get in touch with some of the managers
Cons: caring for others
Addus healthcare is a great company the work with individuals working with in their own homes along with taking care of their family members while being rewarded. A work I usually prepare meals, some light or heavy cleaning, including laundry. each provider has a manager who you can call during or after your care hours. the nothing hard about this job cause you have to be passionate about caring for others and family members which I enjoy very much.
Overworked and under compensated
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Caring for the patient
Cons: Management was not good, no bonuses or compensation.
Caring for patients in their home.

I learned that patients are more comfortable being cared for at home.

Management was unprofessional

i had some hard working co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was loosing patients to death.

the most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the patients.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Mount Carmel, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Helping all the people we help
A typical work day can be slow some days, and really busy other days. we clean house alot but there's not always something to clean so then you just visit with your client. i learned that not everyone has family members there for them like we think they do. Alot of elderly people have no one but their workers. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the impact that i put on people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HomeCare, Inc. is a national provider of home and community based services. Addus’ services include personal care – Read more

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Salaries