Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employer Reviews

CARED FOR MY MOTHER DURING MY EMPLOYMENT DOWNTIME
HOME HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: worked from home
Cons: no pay
 Caring for my mother on a daily basis while nursing her back to health
 Performing the daily task of cooking, cleaning, grooming and distributing medications
 Planning doctor appointments and transporting her to and from the doctors and hospital as needed
 Handling all of the necessary day to day business such as paying bills, scheduling nurse visits and running errands
stressful enviroment
HR Coordinator/ Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Really over work their employees. I was never allowed to give over 29, therefore, it made our clients unhappy.
gerat place to work
Home Caregiver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2015
great place to work. flexible hours. you'll love it. greatbenenfits
Productive, hardworking, timely, accurate in a fast paced environment.
Homecare Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2014
Working for Addus requires you to be on time, caring, patient, and loving when working with seniors. It is a very detail and time consuming job. Working for Addus gives you an opportunity to learn as well as work. You are required to attend training sessions quarterly.
it was easy not enough clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
you get to work with a diverse group of people. company tries to place you with clients in your neighborhood. Its just not enough hours for every one so you might not get employment til someone calls out.
very fulfilling workplace going from house to house helping our seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2014
AT WORK I AM GLAD THAT I AM ABLE TO HEPL WITH THE SENIORS NEEDS,HEPLING THEM MAINTAIN,KEEP AND GAIN THEIR ENERGY,I COOK,CLEAN,BATH,AND JUST KEEP THEM COMPANY,THE SAD PART ABOUT MY JOB IS WHEN THEY ARE TOO OLD AND SICK WHERE THEY JUST CANT DO ANYTHING,I REALLY HATE THAT.
Not the job for me
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Joliet, ILDecember 8, 2014
As a home care aide I did a lot of traveling (at least thirty minutes) from my home to a clients home. I found this to not be a good fit for me because it was not a constant work load and could change at any given notice how long I worked and how far I traveled.
I enjoy helping those who can't help themselves.
C.N.A (Current Employee), Dover, DENovember 29, 2014
Looking to find employment that offers benefits and full time work .
I enjoyed my clients!!
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee), Homewood, ILNovember 29, 2014
Addus Healthcare was an excellent agency to work for I like the fact that the union is so involved in every aspect of the workers lives. Also, there is room for advancement if you prove yourself to be worthy. Co-workers are friendly and most of the time you are assigned to okay conditions.
Great place, great experience.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, IlNovember 6, 2014
Addus is a great company and their work is incredible. They specialize in Home Healthcare. Meaning they keep the elderly in their homes and as comfortable as possible rather than having to be put in a nursing home. They provide all the necessary care for their elderly patients that are necessary for daily living such as providing meals, doing their laundry, assisting with incontinence care. They provide company and companionship to people who otherwise might not have any. I have learned a great deal of respect and admiration for any persons working in the medical field as well as the elderly generation as a whole. Everybody from management and staff to the workers are friendly and helpful. My overall experience with the company is nothing but positive.
Patient's whom were in the hospital or homebound
Patient Care Sitter (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 6, 2014
Interacted with patients who became ill or injured themeselves. I would prepare/cook meals, provided transportation to appointments or stores, household cleaning, medication protocol and any incident reports.
working at addus healthcare
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Hillside, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: nice to meet and help people with everyday necessities
Cons: alot of driving
A typical day at addus healthcare is just waking up. gettting dressed and heading to my clients house. there i preform everyday essentials to get them up and prepared for their day and afternoon activities. the hardest part of working with the elderly is when they try to do things for themselves and are unable to complete the task by themselves. its frustrating to them. the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure i do all i can to pick up the things they need to complete their week without having to get out and do it on their own
Fun job
Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 29, 2014
Preparing meals and light housework was a typical day. Days rotate with appointments, shopping and activities depending on the clients needs. True experience, to help with and watch another life.
Working for Addus was horrible
Assist confused/Alzheimer's clients (Current Employee), Naperville Rd in Wheaton ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: the company never intended on promoting me even though they promised me they would
I didn't learn anything working at Addus. Although I am a CNA my skills were not used with this company
Home Care Aide
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
Cooking, cleaning, bathing, and transporting elderly people.
Good Employer
Skilled Nurse (Current Employee), Marion, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: use of skills daily
Cons: sometimes long travel days
Some days there is more travel time than others. Meet and care for clients with a wide range of illness and living situations.
Good Place To Work
Coordinator/Home Care Aide Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: making sure billing was accurate
My last job was very busy with client, providing good customer service. I learned how to work inside the office and out in the community. My management team was great and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything all at once. I loved working with the clients and bring a smile on their faces.
Different way of caregiving.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Eugene OregonOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of people
Cons: gas expenses, hours aren't steady, and management isn't very involved
I've always worked at a facility to this was fun and new for me. I really enjoyed going to people's houses and helping the best way I could. I had a lot of good experiences and some bad. The management was flexible but they weren't as involved as I feel they should have been. I didn't really meet a co-worker I had a problem with and I met one of my best friends through this job. The hardest part was locating a new client's house for the first time. They part I enjoyed the most was building a relationship with each client and being able to help them the best I could.
Home health care aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: one on one with clients
Cons: not enough hours
I worked in the home environment assisting those who needed a helping hand with personal care, transportation, cleaning.
working with seniors
Homecare Aide (Former Employee), South Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
this job was ok. basically i worked for a close family friend who was in her eighties and bed bound. i got paid by the company to do everything for her. housekeeping, running errands, helping her in and out of her wheelchair. i also kept tabs on her general health and provided the company with weekly evaluations. the best part of the job was developing a rapport with her.

the management at the company, however, wasn't great. at random times, all home care workers were strong-armed into attending these mandatory "in-service" sessions that were hours long, and just a regurgitation of what we were told in the job orientation, which was three sessions of 8am - 5pm. what we learned at orientation could've been condensed into one day, but was for some reason stretched into three unpaid days.

i wasn't always sure who my supervisors were. it seemed impossible sometimes to get people on the phone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HomeCare, Inc. is a national provider of home and community based services. Addus’ services include personal care – Read more