Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

nice office and working enviorment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
Its an ok place to work they can improve a little bit. my problem with them is they dont return phone calls which i think is very important. when you sending workers out.
very productive
care giver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 18, 2017
The best part of my job was taking care of my clients and knowing that I made a difference in there lives. I enjoyed meeting new people, and learning about the different cultures of each client.
bad job experinece about this job
nurse home aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2017
I only work for this company for 3 weeks still haven't got my check yet its just sad I be on time work I even drop off my time sheet

.the lady leave my paper to the side I had stay there till she put my time sheet with the rest of the other time sheets. Its just sad I'm so upset that's this happen to me .
not really sure
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 17, 2017
will recommend it to someone if only they increase the rate they were paying, i couldn't even afford to rent an apartment when I was working with them,and they didn't also have enough staff
A very unique atmosphere
Home Healthcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILMarch 15, 2017
Working for Addus has it ultimate rewards when you can extend acts of kindness to various clients. The clients are seniors who just remind me to be appreciative of every moment in this life.
Pros
the clients
Cons
hours
I love my job! I just would like better hours, benefits, and pay!
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILMarch 13, 2017
A typical day of work is basically, arriving to the clients house, clock in, and work! We clean for them, run errands if needed, attend to small medical needs, ect. Everyday you learn something different about the company m, the client, and your job itself! As far as management they are ok! I mean it's easy to get in contact for the most part, however the process is slow as far as getting a client! The hardest part about the job is the underpay! I understand that most clients are either old or very ill and can be difficult to deal with and like most people I feel like this " they don't pay me enough" but I have a job to do so I do it with pride love joy and respect! I love the fact that everyday it's some type of wisdom you can get out of the job! I love the fact that the job is about relationship building! I can also take time away when needed and still hop back to it when needed if clients are avaible!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Underpay, not enough clients
Addus
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMarch 13, 2017
Working for Addus gave me great experience entering the health field. I would recommend it to people looking to ultimately become nurses because you can get the caregiver experience before you receive cna certification.
its an okay company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 12, 2017
Daily work day with Addus is okay but its very slow paced. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the clients family and what they want you to do. Love being around the clients and spending time with them.
Addus in home care
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 11, 2017
It was a OK job very unorganized but I loved the clients so it made the job much better. They were the sweetest people you could ever meet very kind attitudes very good hearts.
Very few of the clients really needed services the rest were free loaders..
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  All locations need to retireMarch 8, 2017
TRASH! Every once in a while upper managment actually knows how to do their job but for the mosy part ADDUS is ran by many idiots. Once in a blue moon you will meet a client that isn't taking advantage of the system and a bond is formed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To many woman, not enough hrs to keep you from getting bennefits, You get phone calls to work when you specificly put in writting your schedule, ZERO ADVANCEMENT!.
Enjoy helping elderly
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILMarch 8, 2017
Overall the whole 7 years I have worked for this company is a good company if you enjoy helping people, however the pay is not enough for what we do. There are no retirement plans no annuity or pension. Poor communication skills from the office. I have had without knowing 3 different supervisors in the last 2 months. 6 office staff quit at the same time including the agency's director.
Pros
Healthcare insurance from union
Cons
Poor communication
A Good Company to work at.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
Addus Healthcare, Inc. was a nice place to work for. I was provided with support and training to do my job efficient. The staff was excellent in training.
Pros
provided us with supplies
Cons
Not enough hours
Taking Care of the Elderly in a Safe and Responsible Way.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
A typical day at work is cooking, cleaning and running errands for my clients. Since I have been in this field, I have learned that while I still have my health and strength do what is necessary to keep my health up to par by consuming the right foods, exercise and don't abuse my body with control substances. Management is feasible. Work place culture, not sure. The hardest part about this job is dealing with the clients relatives because they tend to think I work for them. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is having a dialogue with my clients and learning from them.
Pros
some paid holidays and health insurance
Cons
no person, nor sick days
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
Working at Addus has had it's ups and downs but i'm glad I stayed with the company. I love working with elders. It make me excited to get up and go to work everyday knowing that i'm making someone's life a little easier.
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Wish pay rate was higher
Loved my co-workers
Clinical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 27, 2017
My day consisted of data input for the Oasis medical form. collecting nurses notes in order to pay the nurses, Scheduling nurses out to patients homes. Payroll, scanning paperwork to home office. Medical records,
Pros
Great Pay & Advancement
Cons
had 5 supervisors within 1 year
Provide asistance to senoirs of everyday living so they can stay in their homes
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicao, Il.February 23, 2017
Providing quality of life to seniors with disabilies.... such as preparing food, grooming, cleaning, appointments etc.
Pros
flexible schedule of your choice
Cons
part time hours
I had a good experience.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 17, 2017
There was a lot of paperwork and transporting to the office to turn in time sheets. I feel like that was the hardest part. I felt like the supervisors were overwhelmed at times.
Really bad company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Bristol tn office,

Too much driving, I don't think they really pay mileage, still waiting for my bi weekly paycheck , was sent out on Friday so they said . It's now Wednesday still no paycheck . Did they payroll girl eat my check ? I will miss my clients very much but I can't work for free.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Bad management in office
Fun productive atmosphere!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Loving people
Get to meet excellent people
Wonderful clients

A typical day at work consist of giving clients their daily medication, bathing and assisting them with their meals. Maintaining a safe and sanitary environment is very important do to the clients health and disabilities. There is nothing hard at all about the job especially when it have to do with taking care of others who are in need of help.
Corporate doesn't care about local clients or employees
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 8, 2017
Do not work at Addus. The values of our local rural area are not taken into account. Upper management wants everything to be based from Chicago. Our rural clients want a local person. No room for advancement. No cost of living increases or merit increases for many years. Employees and clients are merely numbers.
Pros
Local staff is wonderful to work with
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.