Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great Patient care services
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Healthcare Services
Cons: job advancement
wonderful company to work for good patient care services of helping to assure excellent patient care to all patients and future clients.
working with the elderly was very rewarding and a great history lesson
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 9, 2015
While working with the elderly was very rewarding, it was also very heart breaking for me at times. I established very close relations with my clients, being limited to what I was allowed to do for them and then losing them was very emotional for me. I was glad I was able to help them however I could. I was blessed to know them and learn so much from them. I am forever greatful.
Review
Med Aide Certified (Former Employee), canyonville, oregonApril 7, 2015
I learned so much at this job. Skills that I would take with me and use on a day to day basis. I grew such an attatchement to the residents.
Small Company
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 30, 2015
The staff is nice and very friendly. There is no one working with you and the client's homes which means no co-workers. There is minimal supervision from the office.
Great
Home care aide (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 26, 2015
Assist elderly with activities of daily living. Run errands. Do shopping and assist with personal care. I love what I do because I love to help those that cannot help themselves.
Caring for others
Health Aide (Current Employee), chicago, ilMarch 25, 2015
Pros: sometimes its hard to get in touch with some of the managers
Cons: caring for others
Addus healthcare is a great company the work with individuals working with in their own homes along with taking care of their family members while being rewarded. A work I usually prepare meals, some light or heavy cleaning, including laundry. each provider has a manager who you can call during or after your care hours. the nothing hard about this job cause you have to be passionate about caring for others and family members which I enjoy very much.
Overworked and under compensated
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Caring for the patient
Cons: Management was not good, no bonuses or compensation.
Caring for patients in their home.

I learned that patients are more comfortable being cared for at home.

Management was unprofessional

i had some hard working co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was loosing patients to death.

the most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the patients.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Mount Carmel, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Helping all the people we help
A typical work day can be slow some days, and really busy other days. we clean house alot but there's not always something to clean so then you just visit with your client. i learned that not everyone has family members there for them like we think they do. Alot of elderly people have no one but their workers. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the impact that i put on people.
Great place if you like working with elderly people
Homecare Aide (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: forced into take on more clients
I loved working for Addus Healthcare. It gave me the opportunity to help those whom need an extra hand in order to live alone.
This place was okay place to work
In Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: i like to helped elder people going diferent places or activities with them
Cons: this was a part-time only
My duties at this type of jobs was to help elder people in their home with anything: light duties like making their meals, driving them to their doctors appointments or to the grocery stores and making sure they were taking their medicine on time.
Great place
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee), Medford, ORFebruary 21, 2015
great place to work. very caring people and great staff that were willing to work with you if there was a problem. the job was very secure, i never felt that i would be without a job one day.
Caring Company That is Still Making Improvements
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fairly good starting pay, great workers who care about their clients
Cons: company is not up to date in all aspects
The pay is respectable for being a home care worker. A typical day is following a customized plan of care for your client(s). Most workers do a great job providing care for their clients, and everyone gets along for the most part. The unpleasant aspect of working with Addus, was lack of communication between Supervisors and Workers. They could do a much better job of being available when workers need them. Also, Addus would do well to use more updated technology and methods to make things simpler for clients and home care workers. Besides that, they are a fairly good place to work for.
Productive and professional work place.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 15, 2015
his company has provided my the opportunity to expand my knowledge base with home health aid. It give me the time to bond with patients and understand their particular needs.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Nice calming scene and great work environment, very pleasing co-workers, part time and great pay, nice vacations, paid holidays
terrible.
cna (Former Employee), gulfport, msJanuary 15, 2015
This home health agentcy is a terrible place to work for. No benefits you have to travel long ways for your patients and they don't pay you enough for milage. Also whenever I had trouble with my patients I would call the office they would never answer nor call me back. No raises no moving up in the company. So I wouldn't recommend this job.
CARED FOR MY MOTHER DURING MY EMPLOYMENT DOWNTIME
HOME HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: worked from home
Cons: no pay
 Caring for my mother on a daily basis while nursing her back to health
 Performing the daily task of cooking, cleaning, grooming and distributing medications
 Planning doctor appointments and transporting her to and from the doctors and hospital as needed
 Handling all of the necessary day to day business such as paying bills, scheduling nurse visits and running errands
stressful enviroment
HR Coordinator/ Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Really over work their employees. I was never allowed to give over 29, therefore, it made our clients unhappy.
gerat place to work
Home Caregiver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2015
great place to work. flexible hours. you'll love it. greatbenenfits
Productive, hardworking, timely, accurate in a fast paced environment.
Homecare Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2014
Working for Addus requires you to be on time, caring, patient, and loving when working with seniors. It is a very detail and time consuming job. Working for Addus gives you an opportunity to learn as well as work. You are required to attend training sessions quarterly.
it was easy not enough clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
you get to work with a diverse group of people. company tries to place you with clients in your neighborhood. Its just not enough hours for every one so you might not get employment til someone calls out.

1 2 3 4 5

About Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HomeCare, Inc. is a national provider of home and community based services. Addus’ services include personal care – Read more

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Salaries