Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews

great eviorments, great clients and employer
Acute Care Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 13, 2016
This company actually provided me the experience of working with autistic and special needs children and adults. The con was only no advancement to management or any hierarchy position .
Pros
travelreimbursements, experience
Cons
no advancements
Very informative job!!
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2016
I loved working for Addus Health Care!! They have great benefits and they care for their clients and employees! I would definitely work for them again!
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Could give more hours
Loved my job but...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 3, 2016
I worked all holidays and most weekends. Long shifts and was called in to cover others often.

I had some amazing clients and really loved that I could keep them in their homes longer.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
No breaks or lunch, long hours, very physical, can be mentally exhausting
Fun loving hard working woman who enjoys working with people.
Homecare Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2016
I'm proud to say that working for Addus Healthcare was a learning experience. I enjoyed working with the patients/clients of the company which were elderly. my co-workers became friends
Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
having to lose a patient/ client
It a good job working with the elderly
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2016
I love sitting with the elderly and learning from them and helping them most of all. As a caregiver I Serves scheduled meals to elderly clients. Assists elderly clients with daily hygiene and household chores. Linens and towels are replaced as needed .Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing and dressing. Record and tracks clients’ daily health information . Escorts patients to scheduled doctor appointments.

good company
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Good company to work for.
Nice supervisors.
Very
professional employees.
Very comfortable when working in clients home when having issues very quick to resolve matters if any.
Pros
work with schedule
Cons
take long to find assignment finding clients
Wonderful company to work
Medical Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 9, 2016
Great management and great staff. Great patients to work with. Flexible hours. Awesome classes for training and learn. Very professional atmosphere. I work here for years and with changes didn't feel a huge impact only to the best.
Rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 1, 2016
The work was very hard, but very rewarding. I have nothing but good things to say about my coworkers, and clients. I provided the basic hygienic and personal care that is essential in daily living.
Pros
could receive time off whenever asked
Cons
very few breaks on the the clock if any allowed by client. You had to do a lot of driving.
family feeling work place
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Addus was one of my favorite jobs because of the case workers there. They made you feel right at home and if there is a problem it will be addressed immediately and cared for with love and paitence.
Pros
family feeling when you walk in
Cons
meetings that would last hours
Productive and Great people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 25, 2016
i worked here for a few years three to be exact and i loved my bosses, they loved me and most importantly i adored my patients. They worked around my schedule and i was able to work pretty much full time majority of the time i was there. I didn't like that they didn't offer any type of benefits.Other than that i loved it and hate that they had to shut down. (sad face)
Pros
Was able to pretty much make my own schedule
Cons
no benefits
Helpful, caring staff that provided me with excellent clients to work for
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 20, 2016
My schedule was from 7:00 am to 5:00-5:30 pm with some breaks in between. I provided care for the elderly/disabled to include: showering, cleaning living areas, dishes, laundry, and administering medication.

The hardest part of the job was driving to some clients that were far out or they may have cancelled for that day or weren't at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my clients and their families. They were great! I had the best time interacting with them while working. I even played word games with a client while working.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
A lot of driving to clients homes, sometimes just for an hour
Stay Away
AIDE (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 6, 2016
Loved the clients. You get to work and help individuals who cant take care of themselves, however the Management is horrible. Matter of fact the Company itself is horrible. Never paid on time. If they do pay the hours are never right so you have to wait the following week to get paid for them. Communication is not a factor. They don't have a clue about the clients they have. Only sign the paperwork to provide services then send the aides over. WORST COMPANY I have worked for. STAY AWAY. NOTHING BUT A HEADACHE WHEN DEALING WITH MANAGEMENT.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Pay, management, company as a whole! RUNNNNN
nice and smooth, not over baring
Homecare Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2016
watch and aid the elderly
nice to talk to the patients
feels good to make their day
learn a lot from the patients just by conversing with them
Pros
relaxed and comfortable environment
Self-motivated environment that rarely feels like work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Pinckneyville, ILJuly 17, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company for the short time that I did. My client was capable of most things without my assistance, so it was similar to spending time with a friend or family member and receiving pay for doing so. This job required making meals, medicine reminders, household cleaning, seldom errand runs, and basic household chores. My boss was very understanding when something would occur on short notice and quickly and efficiently solved the problem.
Pros
Excellent pay, free meals, enjoyed television programs with my client, had my own bedroom
Cons
Very early mornings, little to no sleep, short work history with this establishment because I chose to continue my education
great clients, needs more professional payroll department
Caregiver/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 17, 2016
I was able to make a difference in sick and/or disabled clients by offering them the needed assistance with their daily living. The hardest part of the job was my pay checks that were inaccurate and required supplement checks to correct the inaccuracy which has caused delays in my bills that are deducted automatically from my bank account thereby causing late fees. Also the mileage payment was not the right amount many times. And when i inquired with the office manager who does payroll she blames the main office and vice versa...
Pros
helped clients
Cons
payroll department
Okay place to work!
Homemaker and pca (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2016
I've been working for this company for about a month now. At first I was getting paid on every Saturday....but now they haven't paid me in two weeks. I emailed the person who hired me (ashley) about the situation and she just ignores my email. If I was you I would only work for this company for a month so you can put this on your resume. Would not ever work for aduss health care in Montgomery again. But I enjoyed working for the clients and listening to there stories and just talking to them.
Pros
Enjoyed working for the clients
Cons
Dont pay you!!!
A nice and rewarding place to work.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
Being able to be of service is always rewarding. I assist homecare aides as well as the office staff. I also like having a work schedule that allows me to have the weekends off.
Pros
Servicing clients
Cons
Not getting paid on time.
I learned lot of things from this company
software quality assurance engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
Though it is my first Company , I learned lot of things from here .

I went office by 8:30 a.m . I go to my desk and I turn on my computers. I start checking in the email to see if any problem or issue reported or assigned to me which is very important for me to look out it. Then I go to attend my daily scrum meeting and I discussed what I did yesterday, what I will do on today and what issues I have to faced etc. I also reported when i get any bugs or defect . My co-workers were very helpful .
Drive, drive, drive, no pay, no gas, no way!
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 1, 2016
I love helping others and applied to Addus and am now a home health aide.

Way too much driving, three counties in a day, not many hours, you have to work weekends, clock out system is faulty, unsafe working conditions, expensive and obnoxious union dues plus you do not get paid on time therefore if you need money to buy gas and get to a client, your out of luck.

Lowest pay in the area. I will just self employ myself not exploit like Addus. I have had enough. I hope you know you lost a good worker because you have failed to meet problems that reoccur in your company on a Regular basis.

No benefits becuase they don't care about you, they care about their own buts. Sure the ceo has gas in his car while Im stranded waiting for my paycheck!
Pros
Good work out scrubing showers, mopping, sweeping etc. Clients are friendly.
Cons
No breaks, low pay, heavy cleaning, smoky and buggy work places, lots of driving, no benefits, random and unreasonable hours.
Rewarding job, horrible managment
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 24, 2016
Worked for this company on two separate occasions. Once at the Rockford office and also at the Ottawa office.
Had problems in Rockford, no communication what so ever between supervisors and aides. I had no idea how to do my time sheets, care plans or anything and was never able to get explanations on how to do anything. Which meant I NEVER got paid on time.

Worked for the Ottawa office for about two weeks, had to move away so I couldn't stay with the company. Was told they never received my time sheets even though I have proof of emails and everything sent and still three months later no paycheck.
Just very unorganized. Loved the work and working for the clients, they just need better organization and people working in the office with ,exprience.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Poorly ran, no organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addus HealthCare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Reviews by Location