Addus HealthCare, Inc.

Addus HealthCare, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Internship at Addus
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 13, 2015
The summer internship at Addus was an excellent opportunity for me to gain some hands on experience in the information technology field. The reason the company operates for a cause, and the cause being noble became my motivation. It gave me an opportunity to work as an Developer/Analyst and not just a student. I acquired many new skills and developed many already existing skills including analysis and creativity in design, working in a team based environment, dealing with management and customers, and presentation and communication skills. Although these skills were developed in the work force, I have found that they could easily be applied at school. I have found that my ability to absorb and learn material has drastically improved, as well as my time management ability. This organization has a great work culture, great minds and does high quality of work. The best part about interning in Addus is that your given responsibility from day one and you get to work very close with the leadership which is a great learning experience.
Assisiting the elderly in maintaining their daily lives. I learned that it takes patiences, sympathy and empathy in commiting to their daily needs.
Assisting in Taking care of Elderly Patients (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Assisiting the elderly in maintaining their daily lives. I've learned that it takes patiences, sympathy and empathy in commiting to their daily needs. I do not have a lot of contact with coworkers until there are company meetings. The hardest part of my job is becoming very close to clients, developing important relationships with them and because of their age I have had to accept that they will expire at some point and I do grieve for them because we become close as family.
Pros
Management is overloaded with limited ablilty to assist employees with issues
Cons
Not a lot of contact with coworkers accept for meetings
I enjoyed working with the disable individuals.
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2015
Well working with this company any other homecare company such as Help At Home and Community Care, all them works around the same atmosphere, taking care of disable individuals. My typical day doing homecare was caring for the disabled. I really enjoyed it.
Each individual had different needs and wants.
Management was great. They can only do so much with elderly hard to deal with individuals. Some or most were nice, but you gone have hard to deal with people in every crop.
The hardest part of the job is keeping hours on a regular basis, because were servicing individuals in their homes that had the power if they didn't want you back they would cost you your hours.
wasn't nothing personal, it was just the way it was. I decided go to security school and be a security officer. I was very successful in this field. I was a security officer for 17 years.
The enjoyable part of this job working for the homecare companies is that, you get to meet all kinds of people and learn how they handle their illnesses.
lashaunda reynolds
Assist grandmother (Current Employee) –  92 nd westernNovember 23, 2015
I wanted to work in the health care field since I was young. I never really knew what I wanted to become but always loved to work and help in the health care .
If you want some money
caregiver (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaSeptember 3, 2015
No raises, no overtime, no mileage, no holidays, no benefits. No incentive to do a good job. They will totally take advantage of you and the clients insurance. Doesn't care about quarter u quality.
Pros
No consequences for not doing a good job.
Cons
No raises, no overtime, no mileage, no holidays, no benefits
Stressfull, hectic, demanding work place
Aid and Assist at Home (Current Employee) –  Columbia,TNJuly 15, 2015
This company is extremely hard to work for. They are transitioning what use to be Aid and Assist at Home. Typical day- Answering phones all day, pulling reports all day, always at your desk. Management is truly not a that great they let too many things go as far as not giving you the training that you require and letting things fall through the cracks as far as communication.. Coworkers are usually great but they have a hard time hiring caregivers due to the pay not being to good.
Enjoyable Experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience with the company, my team members were very helpful. I also learned various functions of medical billing and coding.
fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
they give out refreshments they let me work long hours they give me extra hours they let us talk to each other they let us listen to our music or talk on our cell phones
Pros
fast pace
Cons
cold place
I enjoyed teraveling to many different locations.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work for this job was commuting to the patient home and being able to help them with their daily activities. some patients were much easier than others. but I enjoyed seeing smiles on each one of their faces.
Pros
Being able to help patients
Cons
not being able to assist them with some things
Company that is set up that you work for relatives and work from home.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to care for mother during illness. The most difficult part is that in order to sustain employment, you have to bring in clients. I learned how to be effective as my own supervisor as there was no direct supervision, and that made me responsible for making sure all relative information was complete and turned on on time.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Contacting office management.

Want to know more about Addus HealthCare, Inc.?

Ask a question
Clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILAugust 20, 2015
Working with Addus Healthcare was an great experience. I love working with my clients and I learned a lot of wonderful things about them. I learned that working with the elderly, is very challenging. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of my job is when my client dies.
rewarding to work with seniors
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 17, 2015
traveling and going from one client to another is rewarding. its hard to communicate with the office as they don't take time to talk to you when you need it.
Pros
being able to work with seniors
Cons
not enough communication
Client Satisfaction
Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 12, 2015
Helping clients/patients at their home or in a facility is what I enjoy. Proficient knowledge and computer skills. Customer service experience.
Helping others
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago.IlAugust 24, 2015
The most enjoying part of my job is cleaning and making my clients feel good in their own home keeps me coming back to work. Its challenging at times cause my clients have their days and I cant take the attitude.
Pros
smiles on my seniors faces
Cons
attitudes
Fun place own boss
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2015
Assist clients with daily living. How to be very compassionate and patient. Management was ok. Didn't work wit other people except when change shifts or I was informing of my shifts notes. The hardest part is when the clients where combative and refusal of care. The most enjoyable was to help the elderly with there needs.
Pros
Lots if down time
Cons
To much down time
Not good & treat Home Health Aides terrible
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 11, 2016
I was hired in December 2015 took training and wasnt contacted for two months when I finally was I was given a schedule in an area I wasnt familar with and got yelled and screamed at if I didnt know the area because I didnt have a GPS and I was wasting gas at the same time. Then the supervisors claimed they werent from here and didnt do home visits or had excuses. I was called one day in March to do a client, so I went I asked what to exspect, but they didnt tell me he smoked and I said in my hiring process that I couldnt do clients that smoked. I did what I could for the client and explained I couldnt be around cigarrette smoke and Iam prone to sinus trouble when Im around it. The client's apartment was smoky, windows shut, and it was hard to breathe due to the smoke. Then I got called into the offfice and got written up, and the supervisor was like I smoke, Well I dont and that shows me that they dont care about the well being of their home care aides. I love working in home health care, but this office has been turned up side down inside out and cant get it together for home care aides or the clients. Also I never got paid for the gas or time I did this client. Thankfully I have found something else to keep me from not living on the street. This agency is the worst sad to say
Pros
Love home care & helping the elderly and disabled
Cons
Poor staff who dont listen, and are rude to Home Care aides, Office turnover
Addus is a great company
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
Overall Addus is one of the best companies to work for in the health care field as a home care aide. They ethical, fair and great benefits.
Love working with the disabled and seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work is meeting assisting clients with activities of daily living. I learned to pay close attention to what the client is saying and any changes in the client's condition. The hardest part of the job is traveling between clients. The disadvantage to this type of job is that your check is based on if they're hospitalized, invited out on holidays or just not going to be home and you can't make up the time.
Pros
You choose your hours to work
Cons
Alot of cancellations where the time cannot be made up.
Easy work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2015
Working with different people caring for them is great. cleaning and helping them live a lil better is always a plus. Great attitudes mad my day.
Pros
easy work
Cons
very slow on hours
Enjoyed meeting new clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 16, 2015
Enjoyed working with clients. Did not like how unorganized the scheduling was. I, personally, like a set schedule. If I could get used to being called in on a regular basis, it would be good

2.9