Addus Healthcare

Addus Healthcare Employer Reviews

Caring for the elderly and disable
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: working with different types of people
Cons: no days off
I enjoy working with Addus. The company has given me the experience as a home aid and future nurse. Caring for others is inspiring and I wouldn't trade it for any other career.
Nice company clients are a joy to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento areaMay 16, 2014
Arrive at clients home assists client in daily living essentials light cleaning, laundry when needed, cooking, medication prepraration,I enjoy working with my clients on a daily basis.
great work environment
home health assistant (Former Employee), Marion, ILMay 3, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is helping others. management is great at understanding and helping with schedules.
hard working work place. must be doing this job from the heart.
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2014
your day will be going great especially if you get a client who is willing to work with you, some client are very difficult at times but its a enjoyable job. you don't work with no other employees. You just have in-service with them.
overall good experience but management could be waaay better.
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 27, 2014
Pros: fun meetings, points throughout payroll for stuff.
Cons: crabby rude clients, driving them around company doesnt give enough money for gas.
hardest part about the job was working with crabby rude clients sometimes.
Fun clients/people to work with at Addus
Home Healthcare Provider (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAApril 22, 2014
Pros: fun clients/people to work with
Cons: management could be improved on
Had a blast while working at Addus. Enjoyed all the clients/people I worked with while there. I really think that the management could use a little help or just more communication between all employee's that work in the office or out in the field (clients homes).
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of going to clients homes, helping the client with cooking, cleaning, and bathing. I worked alone with each client, did not have daily management on site. The hardest part of the job was assisting clients in and out of the bath. The most enjoyable part of the job consisted of assisting elderly with activities of daily – more... living. – less
Addus Healthcare
Home Health Aid (Current Employee), Swansea, ILApril 18, 2014
I am a home health aid. I work with disabled and elderly adults. I assist them with daily activities. Addus offers part time hours in varying shift. It was great for me because I am a full time student. However, I am looking to return to the workforce in a full time position, therefor it is time for me to move on into a different career.
No work life balance
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Palatine, ILApril 17, 2014
Some of the best co workers I've ever had. I worked on average 52 hrs weeks consistently.
productive work day
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Aid (Current Employee), Westchester, ILApril 15, 2014
I work in a clients home for a few hours . there is nothing the same bout each day
independant
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Chicago,Il.April 9, 2014
Pros: independant
Cons: no complaint
Individual client care enhanced crtitical thinking and therapeutic communication.
Enjoy working with residents in their homes and getting to know them
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Longview, WAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: bad communication
I enjoyed working for Addus Healthcare because you get to meet new people all the time and go to their homes and you always get a connection with them and get to know them very well. I just didn't care for the bosses that i had because they don't have very good communication skills between them and their employers that work for the company.
Nice place to work
Homecare Aid (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: was able to drive client to stores and appointments
Cons: homecare agency
A typical day at work would be normal depending on the clients needs.

The management was good

The most enjoyable part of work was that bond and working one on one with the clients. And I get to travel outside.
Great Agency but pay too low.
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: do not call you every time and let you work.
Cons: not enough hours or clients near my area.
I really like this agency because they let you work and don't bother you so much like other agencies in Yuba City. The reason I decide to stop working for them is because they do not have any clients close to Marysville with more hours. I lasted three years with them but the lady I took care of decided to drop them because she could not afford them – more... any longer. – less
sweet
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Libby, MTFebruary 14, 2014
my job is usually busy. I enjoyed working with my clients. I like taking care of other people and that is why I have chosen to work in this kind of work environment. I didn't meet my c-workers on a typical bases. The hardest part of my job was when a client would pass away. My clients were the most enjoyable part of my job.
fun place to work
Homecare Provider (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: rude customers
It is a very fun place to work. You can work at your own pace , it might get busy but that wont frustrate you. Learn many new things....
Productive work place
Caregiver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 21, 2014
The management is poor. However working with a flexible schedule and having good clients is a plus.
Administrative Assistant/Payroll for Healthcare
Front Desk Admin/Payroll (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
As an administrative i answered calls on a switchboard, fax documents, made copies, assist home care aids, and set up testing for new hire candidates. I cut and passed out payroll checks at the union hall and distribute payroll at front desk when they were not picked up on the date checks were issued out.
Passion about Homecare
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: seeing the seniors happy
Cons: home care aide not showing up for an assignment
A typical day consist of me to making sure my clients are safe and can get to doctor or the grocery store. What I have learned is that Elderly depend on home makers to assist them with there daily living needs, Management often implemented new projects that needed training for the home care aides. My co workers provided assistance and support when needed. – more... The hardest part of my job is not being able to meet the needs of the elderly. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients smile when I visited, and always wanting me to come back, or stay longer!! – less
Horrible!!!
Caregiver (Current Employee), Litchfield, ILDecember 29, 2013
Pros: a few good clients/ you like what you do
Cons: major stress, loss of money/ time, never know what hrs. times, days, situation
Unclear policys and procedures. They make up their own rules and don't follow their own rules and if you don't understand or question them, they get mad. ex. they say they have seniority next time they tell you jobs that are available are a first come first served bases- meaning they will put a new hire in the job they should have given you in order – more... to impress the new hire that addus is a good place to work for. If you don't do the jobs that you are going to lose money/time on they won't give you any new jobs or good jobs, they give them to thier favorites. They starve you out and make you take jobs that you won't make any $ on. Ripe u off ur sub miles if you do not get green sheet within 24 hrs. Cut ur travel time/mileage. Rude, cut-throat, evil. One tells one thing and another tells you something different. They call and hound you so they don't have to fill in when needed. Call all hours. You are on call 24/7 and do not get paid for it. Many hours in office, at home doing paperwork u don't get paid to do. Don't get paid for all the minutes you've spent with client, addus, paperwk. or use of your cellphone. No care plans for clients never know what situation ur walking into!! CLIENTS WON'T STAND UP FOR YOU. CLIENTS CAN QUIT U ANYTIME FOR ANY REASON ex. if you didn't do dishes the way the would or they just don't want u for whatever reason!! – less

About Addus Healthcare

Addus HomeCare is there for those who need in-home personal and medical care services. Doing business through subsidiary Addus – Read more