AdelWiggins Group is an established leader in the design and manufacture of an extensive line of high-quality, custom designed products, primarily aerospace-related components.
Our Vision Statement: To increase shareholder value by being a world-class supplier of proprietary products and systems engineered to meet or exceed customer expectations.
If you are looking for stability and growth potential in a company that supports a team environment, we’d like to hear from you. We offer a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as a matching 401(k) plan.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for: Supervising a manufacturing department or section involving skilled machine operation, metal forming, welding, heat treatment, assembly, or similar activities. Supervise and have primary responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the departments or sections assigned. Coordinates area activities to ensure schedule compliance and monthly financial objectives.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and assign work; ensure effective use of manpower and facilities; recommend changes in workforce commensurate with operating requirements.
- Maintain required quality levels.
- Correct or cause to have corrected conditions detrimental to safety or health or that might adversely affect the facilities, equipment or productivity levels operating efficiency; recommend overtime.
- Interview, recommend hire, train and evaluate shop employees; discipline; ensure adherence to company policies and regulations; maintain morale.
- Handle employee complaints and grievances; execute applicable provisions of the labor agreement and maintain good employee relations.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to improve routing methods, standards and tooling. Strong background in developing operation planning sheet for production/prototype.
- Keep current on operating techniques and maintain complete working knowledge of job descriptions for areas supervised; recommend necessary changes.
- Maintain equipment, tools and supplies; keep current on new developments; recommend acquisition or replacement. Design or update tooling for latest engineering revisions.
- When assigned to maintenance, establish and maintain preventive maintenance programs; contact suppliers for equipment services and direct or work with contractors on the plant site. Obtain tooling quotes when needed.
- When assigned to tool room, assist in trial proving tooling, the investigation o tool failures and coordinating work performed by vendors.
- Experience with cost estimating.
- Strong experience with proposing, validating capital equipment projects.
- Manage and troubleshoot supply base issues as they impact manufacturing.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Maintain necessary log records and reports and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Keep current on new developments in related fields; participate I company sponsored development activities.
- Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.
Education & Experience:
Associates degree in a technical field, or the equivalent in related manufacturing experience. Metal forming, welding, heat treatment and assembly Supervisory experience strongly preferred. Seven or more years related shop experience.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance.
Must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may be on our first (6a start) or second (230p start) shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants must possess US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical/drug screen.