Adelphi University Employee Reviews

Fine workplace environment
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 23, 2016
Work as an adjunct. The work environment is conducive for adjuncts. There are many extra curricular activities than are open to staff but I did not attend most of them due to limited time at the university.
Pros
Recognized adjuncts with an adjunct appreciation day
Cons
Commute a bit trying.
Au
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great place to work it was convenient cause it was my school. professor was a great help. Also was able to do homework as well as do my job.
Pros
stress free
Boring
Alumni Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 2, 2015
The bosses were too annoying. The stuff was bootleg. I got a lot of phone calls from alumni students asking questions about events.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and dysfunctional stuff.
very clickish
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 20, 2015
lost my job due to department closed.
union never did anything for me to get another job.
after paying 11 year + dues.

You join a union for job security.
They want to take your money a and not help you at all.
Pros
lots of time off-good benifets
Cons
no money ver clickish
Growing place
Associate Director, Center (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 18, 2015
Not always student driven. Does not always compensate employees for experience and hours worked. Behind in aiding students of particular cultures at the for front of American colleges.
Great place to work with great people
Student-Employee (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 11, 2015
Answer phones, create flyers and excel lists, help set up events, work events
Co-workers are helpful
Working events help form interpersonal skills
Excellent Organization
System Analyst / Developer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 21, 2015
Excellent organization to work for.
I not for a forced reorganization I would still be working there.
The organization is top notched and very professional.
Convenient Location
Hall Attendant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 27, 2015
A couple times a week, I would sit in the front office of the residential housing buildings and make sure that all residents signed their guests in and nobody was where they did not belong. I learned that it was important to be consistent. If one resident got away with not signing a guest in, everyone would like to get away with not signing their guests in. Consistency is key.
Pros
Located right on campus.
Cons
Late hours - occasionally worked until 4am.
productive workplace
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 7, 2015
Work is minimal most days. Unless there is an event to set up for, otherwise, it is minimal duties and a desk oriented job.
Learned about music
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City New YorkDecember 22, 2014
Being surrounded by music, I was able to learn and listen to different genres of music, specifically classical. I was also given responsibility from my professors, which proved my reliability and my commitment to get the work done.
Amazing Co-workers and Compassionate Boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
My typical work day consists of making appointments for the Director, managing his calendar and preparing documents for meetings. I answer the phones and maintain confidential student files. I offer administrative support to the Faculty members in addition to supervising the student worker and graduate assistant. I organize workshops and complete necessary documentation for monetary transactions. I ensure office and instructional supplies are maintained and correspond with ancillary departments.
Pros
small and friendly office environment. tuition remission
Cons
long commute to and from home
Campus wide event
Ephemeral Public Installation Project (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Created large-scale staircase and wall installations. Great collaborating with graphic designers and sharing creative energy.
This was not really a job
Educational Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 5, 2014
I wasn't hired to do this, it was part of my nursing internship, therefore many of these categories simply do not apply.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
really.
Great
Public Safety Event Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 20, 2014
Easy job with a lot of hours. Job relies a lot around the night shift.
Please see comments below
New York State Administrative Assessment Rater (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2014
Excited to serve in all aspects of schooling (K-16) including but not limited to policy implementation and compliance, leveraging diversity, grant writing/research and evaluation assessments.

Completed each task with creative approach to problem solving. Strong appreciation for collaborative approach and inclusive in decision making process. Highly successful Leadership Management and supervising community outreach resources. Excellent grant writer and workshop designing for effective parent involvement.

The most enjoyable aspect of experience as Building/District Leader is seeing parents feel that their efforts with school and child is appreciated.

As Leadership faculty, I am focused on bringing aspiring leaders to the complete understanding that school safety is the new symbol for productive student out put. If students don't feel safe they can not be productive and teachers can't teach.
Pros
excellent team work, all assignments are mateched to skill set
Cons
part- time teaching depending on student enrollment
Superior
Adjunct Professor, Sports Management Program (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 20, 2014
Adlephi University offered me the opportunity to transfer my practical knowledge from the New York Islanders to students studying Sports Management.
Pros
educational enviroment
Cons
time spent at job is way too short
Productive, Fun workplace with many on campus job opportunities
Intern (Current Employee) –  Garden City, New YorkApril 17, 2014
Learned about environmental components with different courses.
On campus job gave me hand on experience in research and laboratory techniques.
Caring support staff and community
Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 4, 2014
A caring and talented support staff assist everyday in supporting the University's mission.
A Typical Day At Work!
Clinical educator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 30, 2014
A Typical Day at work includes, working one on one with College students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD. I work one on one with students teaching them the appropriate skills and strategies for them to compensate for their disabilities. Some of these strategies include time management skills, study techniques, test taking strategies, reading and writing strategies and etc. I work with the Nursing Department to understand Learning Disabilities and to provide the students with appropriate accommodations in order to succeed.
A very relaxed environment
Participant and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 5, 2014
In my senior year, I worked in the campus library as a shifter, moving books from one floor to another and organizing them by call number. I started working 5 hours a week and eventually moved up to 10 hours a week. It was my first paying job and I was able to manage attending classes and working at the same time. It was tedious, however; it was a good starting point for me in entering the working force in a paying job. My employers were very helpful and understanding throughout my time there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tedious

4.2