Adelphi University

Adelphi University Employer Reviews

Superior
Adjunct Professor, Sports Management Program (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: educational enviroment
Cons: time spent at job is way too short
Adlephi University offered me the opportunity to transfer my practical knowledge from the New York Islanders to students studying Sports Management.
Productive, Fun workplace with many on campus job opportunities
Intern (Current Employee), Garden City, New YorkApril 17, 2014
Learned about environmental components with different courses.
On campus job gave me hand on experience in research and laboratory techniques.
Caring support staff and community
Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 4, 2014
A caring and talented support staff assist everyday in supporting the University's mission.
A Typical Day At Work!
Clinical educator (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 30, 2014
A Typical Day at work includes, working one on one with College students with Learning Disabilities and ADHD. I work one on one with students teaching them the appropriate skills and strategies for them to compensate for their disabilities. Some of these strategies include time management skills, study techniques, test taking strategies, reading and – more... writing strategies and etc. I work with the Nursing Department to understand Learning Disabilities and to provide the students with appropriate accommodations in order to succeed. – less
A very relaxed environment
Participant and Mentor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: tedious
In my senior year, I worked in the campus library as a shifter, moving books from one floor to another and organizing them by call number. I started working 5 hours a week and eventually moved up to 10 hours a week. It was my first paying job and I was able to manage attending classes and working at the same time. It was tedious, however; it was a good – more... starting point for me in entering the working force in a paying job. My employers were very helpful and understanding throughout my time there. – less
management and staff do not communicate well
Cook (Former Employee), West Hempstead, NYDecember 9, 2013
First of all I love cooking,even though I've been at it a long time I still believe in respect for each other at the workplace. And in order for everyone to enjoy the workplace each person must pull their work load.
Great place to learn
Portfolio Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 2, 2013
I have learned a lot here. The teacher are very hands on and everyone else is very helpful.
Hands on
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, NYSeptember 6, 2013
I work at my own pace and am able to get the feel of what it is going to take when I begin my own personal research.
Great Place to work
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 26, 2013
Great place to work. Great work/life balance. The people are great as well as the benefits.
Productive and great environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at work is just not typical but that's what makes it an enjoyable, learning and a growing experience. My co-workers are great and motivated. I truly enjoy this academic setting and the students who attend this great university.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Associate Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 5, 2013
Pros: we were allowed to use the gym
Cons: snow storms
1) Something new everyday.
2) I learned to deal directly with veders.
3) Management was great, everyone always had a smile on.
4) Co-Workers were great. Always understanding what had to be done.
5) Slowing down to Adelphi's pace.
6) Meeting with Faculty and management.
summary
Event Staff Student Worker (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJune 28, 2013
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
the job was cool , entry level position , great management , they were flexible
Excellent place to get an education.
Media Relations and Event Management (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 21, 2013
Excellent place to get an education.
Good management, excellent course choices.
A great working experience
Commuter Assistant, Center (Former Employee), Garden city, NYJune 11, 2013
Working at all my positions at Adelphi University I gained great skills to help me in my future in the workforce.
It's great to help professor associate with different kinds of job
Graduate Assistant, School of Business (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 5, 2013
Help professor in “Mathematics for Managers” class and do some paperwork
Not a bad place to work if you want good benefits
Marketing (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: plenty of time off
Cons: upper management is often unqualified for their positions
Adelphi University is a decent place to work. The only issue I have is with Adelphi is they hire a lot of unqualified upper management.
Educational
Communications Department, Assistant (Former Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 25, 2012
New Learning Experience Everyday.Learn alot about film equipment.
Good workplace with great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 22, 2012
I get great benefits working at Adelphi. Lots of vacation time and holidays, free tuition, great healthcare. The university itself is very disorganized, no one ever has answers for basic questions and act put upon to be asked. Overall, though, I like the job.
Looking for a creative and productive workplace.
Major Gifts Officer (Current Employee), Garden City, NYSeptember 8, 2012
I am proud of the success I have enjoyed at this beautiful commuter campus; re-connecting MBA’s who rarely saw Adelphi in the light of day as working students. From this pool of suspects, I built a portfolio from scratch, raised several major gifts, and in a short time, saw one of my prospects nominated to the President’s Advisory Group. Within a year – more... of that, we reconstituted the Dean’s Advisory Board of the Willumstad School with members selected from among my donors. It now has a 100% giving of rate.

Seeing some of these friends permanently recognized for their part in Adelphi’s first-ever capital campaign ($60M on a $56M goal, ended 8/31/12) is a stark reminder that I am a latecomer here. Myriad changes and uncertainties loom with the University’s leaders seeking to complete their legacies and move on. While they are looking back, I am looking forward to collaborating with visionaries who share the same the ideals and entrepreneurial spirit I have been privileged learn and emulate.

My overall experience is quite extensive, including everything from events fundraising, corporate relations and sponsorship, and foundation and government relations. In all, 20 years in the development business mostly at universities and cultural institutions. – less
good work environment
Student Employee (Current Employee), psychology departmentAugust 7, 2012
great place to work just not enough compensation. management was very flexible in work hours, and co workers were great to work with. there was no other problem with the job.