Adelphi University Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a student
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 16, 2017
Adelphi is a great place for students to work while attending classes. There are many different departments for students to choose from which all offer valuable skills and experience that are applicable for the future.
Nice workplace that allowed phones
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 1, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making sure all the printers were operational and help students and faculty members with their informational technology needs.
Great job, not paid enough
Hall Attendant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 29, 2017
Being a Hall Monitor was a great experience. You are able to do your school work or even watch Netflix while you are working, and it's really one of the best Jobs to have on campus. However dealing with drunk and beligerent students at 3 in the morning was not in the job description. We do not get paid enough for what we have to deal with.
Pros
Fun and flexible
Cons
Drunk/Annoying students
Great Start
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 14, 2017
Great place to work with great people—amiable superiors. Generous amount of paid vacation time, paid sick days, and personal days. Great work // life balance.
productive and fun workplace, family-like atmosphere
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Adelphi. I was able to learn a lot of new skills, and it sparked an interest in stage management for me. I would definitely consider taking another job similar to this one.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no set hours
Provides great upper management growth
Faculty Field Liaison (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 8, 2017
Adelphi is an organization that provides continous growth through online or direct training. Quality supervision and a great evaluation system. They also provide the opportunity for growth.
Calm Workplace
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 6, 2017
Overall, I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work on campus, as it was convenient and helped me pay for school; however, I do wish that the office had been more organized. Oftentimes there would be confusion and the employees were expected to solve problems they were not trained to solve.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Can eat in office, Friendly staff
Cons
Outdated system, rude people on phone
Good work environment and experience
Public Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 28, 2017
My typical day working for public safety at Adelphi includes supervising the other student workers, carrying out orders, and helping to set up events. I've had my fair amount of experience dealing with people, whether it be from parents or people coming for an event at Adelphi.
Easy going cashier
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 26, 2017
Clock in stock books on the shelves make sure all the shirts were folded properly, and be prepared to help the customers who were about to walk in. Also to stock the fridge with food and snacks.
not cohesive needs leadership improvement too many changes
Adjunct/ Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 3, 2017
When the nursing dept moved to the new building cohesiveness and faculty were lost.We have an acting dean we have lost all our leaders no structure.They need to also staff to be there when a problem exits it was very difficult since the workload of coordinators is too much.I enjoyed my 10 years working there but this last year was too stressful we have no leader and all the deans are going back to teaching and our NCLEX scores are dropping.
Pros
students
Cons
no benfits

Want to know more about Adelphi University?

Ask a question
Boring
Recreation Staff (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2017
such a boring job. Your 4 hour shift will feel like an 8 hour shift because there is no stimulation in the workplace. Everyone does their own thing so you fill your time watching people workout or cleaning.
relaxed and fun
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 9, 2017
Adelphi is great place to work in of you are looking for nice laid back to work all of the workers there fun and passionate about what they do . there great atmosphere there and you enjoy being there.
Pros
relaxing and fun
Cons
short breaks and the days feel long
Good Education
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Comprehensive supervision in both diagnostic evaluation and psychotherapy. Diverse patient population from the community and the university.
Good School job
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Good school job to have to make a few bucks, very time consuming and must learn a lot of info about the school. Good for any student interesting in learning about their university and who wants to help welcome newcoming students.
Lot of new Information
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Had the opportunity to work with my supervisor and peers to develop a laser that detects nitrogen. By working on this project, I greatly improved my communication skills and learned JAVA.
Adephi is a great place
Adjunct Professor of African-American Studies (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 21, 2016
Adelphi University is a world class learning institution. I would recommend it for students who are serious about having the best experience possible is a communal university setting.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
More diversiity
No room for growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 7, 2016
No room for growth, pay is minimal, and you are not compensated for your worth.

You are working along with people that have absolutely no clue how to do their job and are unwilling to learn new skills. Technical skills from most are abysmal and yet they are able to have higher positions and get paid more while you do all the work.
Great stable work place to learn alot
AV Communications Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 6, 2016
Adelphi is a great place to jump start your career. Work-life is amazing, and the benefits you will not get at any other employer.
Pros
Use of facilities and Tuition remission for self, spouse and dependant.
Cons
Compensation
Phone bank operator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 4, 2016
The various offices on campus offer a wide range of job opportunities for the students. It is very convenient to have an on-campus job. They are very flexible with classes and all of the work environments are very welcoming
Productive Workplace
Nursing Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 30, 2016
Working at Adelphi is a great experience. You learn how to network, how to multi-task, prioritize what needs to be done and balance work with classes. The staff is great depending on which department you work in. I personally worked in the Nursing department since it is what I major in and the supervisors are very welcoming and understanding when students have exams. Adelphi also has a student worker appreciation week, where students workers get free lunch and snacks as a way of being appreciated for dedicating their time to work in addition to hectic class schedules.
Pros
Breaks as needed, Classwork is priority, Flexible schedule, Friendly staff and co-workers
Cons
No benefits, Hired for job based on Major.