Under the direct supervision of the Director, Client Services, this position provides high-level support to account teams and senior company executives. Responsibilities include typing of proposals, letters, assistance with PowerPoint presentations, internet research, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on business development projects. Deals with a diverse group of important external clients and healthcare professionals as well as internal personnel at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. Due to the level of personnel this position supports, confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Gains exposure to basic marketing concepts and practices
- Learns and follows all agency and client practices and procedures
Client Relations/Communications Skills
- Keeps internal team apprised of status on all jobs by issuing timely and accurate documentation and correspondence (e.g. status reports, timelines, estimates, etc.)
- Demonstrates fundamental business writing skills
- Communicates with healthcare professionals, clients, and internal team in a professional manner
- Program database creation and ongoing maintenance
- Develops and maintains timelines in conjunction with account team
- Assists in organizing internal team planning meetings and scheduling client telecons/WebEx meetings
- Assist with all aspects of meeting and logistics planning (eg, master contacts list, prepare meeting materials for submission to client LMR review, coordinate travel arrangements with travel agent, mail merges for attendee client communications, update/maintain status reports, preparation of on-site staff working agenda, prepare check requests, prepare welcome packets, tent cards, name badges, assist with shipping materials for program)
- Utilization of client-based systems for uploading references, manuscripts, tracking job history (eg, Datavision)
- Keeps accurate and organized records of estimates, client POs, and billings
- Initiates new jobs internally, reconciles jobs upon completion
- Tracks actual costs vs estimate, collects/files all payment backup for jobs, prepares client payment template (if required by client), prepares financial binder for client (if required by client).
- Assistance with PowerPoint and/or Word new business proposals
- Assist internal team with office/kitchen supply orders
- Prepare FedEx shipments as needed
GENERAL/SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and excellent command of written and spoken English language
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy in data collection and maintenance (eg, meeting attendee database information to include contact information, hotel reservations, travel and ground transportation arrangements)
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Team player
- Follows directions and completes assigned tasks with an appropriate level of quality
- Able to work in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment; customer service oriented
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Experience with publication planning software strongly preferred (eg, Datavision)
Required: High School diploma or college degree. Exposure to meeting and logistics planning strongly preferred. Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures at a level generally acquired through 1+ years related experience in a professional work environment.
GENERAL/SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Equipment/Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Fast-paced open-work environment
- Sit for long periods
- Work at a computer
NORMAL WORKING HOURS & DAYS:
Monday – Friday; 9:00AM – 5:30PM or agreed to FlexTime. Hours and days may vary based on business needs.
WHO WE ARE
Engaged: committed to success – ours as an organization, ours as individuals, and that of our clients
Expert: blending experience with savvy in everything we do
Dynamic: Perpetually evolving to meet the changing environment we live in - and being successful no matter what changes come our way
Provocative: surpassing conventional thinking—not only in what we bring to our clients, but in how we work together