Adena Health System Employee Reviews

Benefits, retirement and overall total rewards are very good. Growth for caregivers are an important part of Adena
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I have been with this company for 17years, the total rewards package and benefits are great. I could not ask for better co-workers and the ability to grow and learn. The caregivers are very dedicated and care about their co-workers and doing a great job.
Large organization
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 23, 2016
Large healthcare organization constantly changing and improving. There is room for improvement and growth if interested. They also provide tuition reimbursement if interested in school as well.
Pros
Secure organization
Cons
Lots of turn over
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 21, 2016
Good place for an internship, very friendly people. Work flows well, everyone knows what they need to do and when. Laid back atmosphere but professional.
Fast pace, productive, team setting
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 23, 2015
Set assignments along with goals and productivity to reach for the best outcome of the work week. I helped, listened, and educated new employees and long term employees on all the constant changes with Medicare/ Medicare Advantage. I had a tight, close nit team that worked together as one. My team members and their understanding and show of support was the most enjoyable part of my job,
Pros
Commitment from team members
Cons
Health Care Benefits
Feels like your in High School.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 5, 2016
There is too much drama that goes on in this hospital. There is always someone out to get you but act like your friend to your face. It is such a fake place. They have staffing issues. They often can not keep staff because of all the drama. They force you to stay on a unit for ay least one year. Many of the doctors are degrading to the nursing staff.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 29, 2016
I enjoy working at Adena health System. Co workers are like family to me. We teach each other new things everyday. We are able to laugh at one another and encourage change in a non threatening way.
Pros
great peers
Cons
work to life time is horrible. I feel very pressured to work all the time
I very much enjoy working at Adena but looking to relocate for eventual retirement in Arizona.
Director, Facility Operations (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Fun place to work and challenging. Wonderful co-workers and interesting projects. I have had the opportunity to do what I do best here Adena, guiding and directing the Facility operations needs of a major Healthcare Organization. I have furthered my knowledge base of regulatory requirements and compliance and have helped keep Adena hospital safe and functional for my friends, neighbors and family.
largest community employer
RN (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 1, 2015
flexible workplace, family oriented, expanding and offering new programs, benefits package. Heavy workload, long shifts at times. Management seems disconnected at times to needs of staff. Decisions made regarding patient care without input of direct care staff.
Pros
good benefits, flexible
Hospital Setting
Team Lead Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes but is not limited to overseeing duties of employees, cooking, cleaning, inventory, Kronos, clerical duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is being around people and administering good food service expectations. Taking care of patients from behind the scenes has a great reward as well.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
N/A
amazing place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 11, 2016
work was always enjoyable even on a tough day , management always listened and such a friendly atmosphere , almost like a family , it never felt like a job to me . it was an amazing place
Pros
everything
Cons
ran out of equipment easily
A Day in the Switchboard
Command Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 16, 2015
Must have Multi Line Switchboard background, Microsoft Office Word, and Excel as well as type 35 wpm. Above Average Customer Service skills, as well as above average Communication skills in verbal, written, and electronic format are required. Ability to Multi Task is essential in fast paced, stressful situations. General data entry skills are required. Knowledge of IT hardware, software, and mobile devices. Must be able to work a variety of rotating shifts within a 1 week timeframe. Must be available for both Weekend and Holiday shifts as well as On-Call.
Good and decent job but job security is a major concern.
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Occupational HealthFebruary 1, 2015
Processing/registering workers comp patients/other physicals/performing drug screens/breathe alcohol testing. I have a major concern of job security and the turn overs in management. My co-workers are very good to work with. Lack of communication on office operation's flow makes it difficult to complete certain task. Processing/entering patient information into the computer system and interaction with patients is the most enjoyable part of my job.
User friendly
House Supervising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHDecember 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is the constant change and figuring out how to fix multiple problems effecting many different people.
good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 14, 2015
learned a lot of skills
met alot of people enjoyed the patients and enjoyed the learning there was always a lot of changes going on and moving offices and changing in the software
hardest part was the politics with the higher ups
Pros
alot of good patients and customers
Cons
alot of supervisors that shouldnt be
Terrible place to work
Support  (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 11, 2013
This place is a joke! They change their views on how to do things about once a week. They are constantly changing offices and peoples titles. They pay good, so enjoy it while you are there, because they are an "at will" employer, so when they are done with you, they are done with you. The have too many OSHA and CMS violations to mention and it is only a matter of time before they sell out or get closed down. They can not continue to operate they way they are. There newest "V.P." was a stock boy for JEGS less than 3 years ago. You get what you ask for. My advise - Stay away!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of job security and advancement
Convenient place to work that is close to home.
STAFF RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 2, 2013
Adena health system covers a wide area encompassing the greater portion of central-southern Ohio. It is convenient because it is just down the street from home. Co-workers are not always pleasant to work with and aren't very helpful. There isn't anyone I work with that I'd consider a close friend. Management are difficult and inflexible. Atmosphere is not conducive for learning new things and upward movement within the company doesn't happen. It is a stagnant work environment.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Health care is not very good. Management not very flexible. Co-workers not always friendly.
Productive, family oriented, very supportive nursing staff.
Work as LPN Wound Care Services (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 11, 2015
Working in the outpatient wound care clinic we are a small staff of 5 nurses and 1 great secretary that function very well as a productive team seeing an average of 200-300 patients a month. Our team is very supportive of each other and it is like working with family. We are always there to assist each other in completing any tasks that we are assigned.
Great workplace culture, Advanced in providing education
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 27, 2012
The overall culture and environment of this company is good. Most employees seem to really enjoy working here and plan to stay for the rest of their careers.
Pros
education options and advancement
Cons
changes in healthcare
High Stress, Long Hours, Little or No Recognition
Foundation Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 19, 2014
A typical day would include all day-to-day activities required to document and deposit funds in the correct fund accounts and to properly recognize the donor. I learned many aspects of fundraising to include pertaining IRS laws; ways in which to cultivate donor relationships; and the inner activities of a working board of directors. Regular work hours were from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm however, an average of 2 additional hours 4 of 5 days per week were a common occurrence. Management styles were that of "close to the chest" in regards to information about the company. Most employees do not feel secure in their positions and escorted terminations occur frequently. Co-workers below the management level were helpful and caring, as well as very knowledgeable in their area of employment. The hardest part of this position was the lack of communication from management. The most enjoyable part was coordinating fundraising events and recognizing the donors of the events.
Pros
Good Benefit Package in regard to Medical, Dental, and Vision.
Cons
Expectations from management without clear guidance.
Kitchen Cook
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OhioSeptember 25, 2015
The hardest part if my job at Adena was cooking three different meals for three different diets and also a fourth meal for the staff members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adena Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7