Adena Health System Employee Reviews

Learning Environment with TEAM mentality.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OhioNovember 12, 2017
Expanding and developmental process requires leadership potentiality within every individual with willingness to gravitate to the highest level of attainment. The TEAM mentality of collective $uccess and performance greatness by mastery of technique, skill, and team intertwining to strengthen the organization in areas of specific and generalized upgrade of quality employer/employee relations. Learn to earn, advancing and level completion with willingness to advance to new opportunity always a plus.
Susan Elaine
Pros
Awesome Co-Workers
there was always something to do if you had time to sit down then honestly you should be doing something
Patient Registration Clerk, Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 5, 2017
I actually loved my job at Adena it was fast paced and you got to meet all walks of life. It was so much fun seeing how happy you make some one just by waving,saying hi or smiling.
Pros
you got to charge your lunch and stuff from the gift shop. i mean who does not like to shop
Cons
all the over time and the nights i did not get to go home working in level 3 weather
Great employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 1, 2017
I worked a few different positions within the company. I was a medical assistant for a couple different practices them went to a role as an Administrative Assistant for the finance department.
Great benefits, difficult to advance
CME/Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 31, 2017
Adena was supportive of good benefits including tuition reimbersment and student loans for continuing personal education but did not effectively utilize education for advancement opportunities.
Growing Organization
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 31, 2017
Good things will be happening thanks to new CEO and COO. It will take time. More leadership positions need an overhaul. Some Directors do not practice what they preach, and many unit managers do not have a BSN.
Adena
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Adena and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. I loved the benefits Adena had to offer. They have an awesome café to eat at and great Starbucks.
This job is. Good part time starting job im not considered an part of Adena because I am paid by a employment office
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 24, 2017
The job can be very fast paced. At the moment we are short staffed therefore making the job a little challenging. The people in which I work with are good to work for adena is a good place to work because they do care about the employees and try to help out in any ways that they can
Pros
Even though I am technically not employed by adena yet I receive all the same discounts
Cons
With us being short some days we do not get our breaks
Small Healthcare System
Director, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Adena is a 3 hospital system in southern Ohio. There is a very strong passion within this organization to support and serve the communities in which they operate.
not a good work environment
Hostess/Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 30, 2017
In the cafeteria management doesn't take you seriously, only points out the wrong things you do, never applauds you, coworkers are mean. The schedule is flexible if you go to college, but most people who start, quit in a week or month because of how rude everyone is.
Pros
flexable
Cons
Rude coworkers
You are able to enjoy your job and interact with the patients.
CPT and CMA (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 15, 2017
Overall a great place to work, I just wish the compensation was more. The expectations of each employee is greater than the compensation. I enjoy what I do however, I would like to see the pay increase with the value of the employee.

Want to know more about Adena Health System?

Ask a question
Well rounded work place!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 19, 2017
Great place to work overall and develop skills and you learn something new everyday! Health care is constantly growing everyday I absolutely love cleaning and maintaining my areas of cleanliness for all the patients and our visitors!
good company to work for
Registrar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 27, 2017
I love the job that i do here, i love dealing with the patients everyday.
most of the time i never have any down time this job keeps you on your feet your whole shift.
i most of the time get the days i need off, the people i work with are nice.
These companies is ok.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 21, 2017
Frontier Community Services... i like this compay but just does not like the hours and the driving back and fort with the clients.
Trim System is ok. But not a good place to grow on your carrier.
I love what i do here in Adena..
very professional workplace
Permanent employee (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 17, 2017
There are many different departments of the hospital but I have found that this is an overall good place to work. Someone is always willing to help you learn.
Great place to work!!!
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 3, 2017
So much opportunity with this company. Miss it dearly! I only left the job to be closer to my family and not travel as much. The week that I submitted my resignation, gas was $3.99 a gallon. As a single parent, I couldn't afford to drive 100+ miles a day.
Pros
Too many to list!!
Cons
I didn't live close enough.
Awful
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 18, 2017
Horrible place to work! No compassion for their workers or those workers families. Turn over is very high because of mistreated employees. Will find a way to punish you so you can't change departments or further your employment.
Pros
Can use badge to payroll deduct on thinhs
Cons
Low pay, bad hours, insensitive bosses/coworkers
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 13, 2017
Great atmosphere, great co workers.The facility is in the process of being expanding and management is wonderful. Teamwork is great and the doctors are approachable.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Great experince as an intern
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  272 hospital road chillicothe ohioMarch 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my time as an intern at adena. I learned a lot of great information about the health care field. The people there were great to be around and willing to help and provide information. During my internship I found an even greater passion for health care and everything that evolves around it.
Pros
A great place to learn and gain experience
Cons
It did not result in a job
Productive and fexlibility
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 11, 2017
The job was great. The only problem was that I needed time off for school and they wouldn't work with me. I learn to talk to patients and be able to help them.
Pros
Comuications to sick people
Cons
Short breaks, doesn't give credit when acheive
Competitive, driven work environment for professionals.
Utilization Review Denial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 5, 2017
My typical workday revolves around data analysis, meetings and projects. I have to juggle multiple tasks at once to be the most effective at my job. The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing end results of projects save our health system value revenue.