Senior Product Line Manager
Adept Technology, Inc. is a global, leading provider of intelligent vision-guided robotics systems and services. Adept systems provide unmatched performance and economic value throughout the production lifecycle, enabling customers to achieve precision, quality and productivity in their assembly, handling and packaging processes. Adept is currently seeking a Senior Product Line Manager to join the Marketing Team in Pleasanton, CA.
Develops specific marketing plans and activities for the family of mobile robots and accessories to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs. Develops sales tools. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
The successful candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent presentation and writing skills are a prerequisite for this position.
- Active listening and negotiating skillfully with both internal and external groups are necessary.
- High degree of comfort in front of customers and potential customers is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required both externally for customer interaction and internally to build strong multi-functional teams that are essential for successful product developments.
Owner of -
o Product P/L
o Product definitions
o Adjacent-product roadmap
o Product positioning
o Product development tracking
o Sales support
- Sales ready presentations/ messaging/sales tool/marketing campaigns
- Direct selling
o Customer prioritization
o New product development plans and prioritization
o New product launch plans
o Product lifetime
- The market/technology gap analysis
- Alignment of the product offering within the group
- Market and technology trending
- Identification of future winning products
Education and Work Experience
Typically requires a BSc and or >7 years senior sales or marketing experience in automation or related high technology. The individual should have marketing and/or sales experience with a strong technical background.