Adesa Auto Auction

Adesa Auto Auction Employee Reviews

Enjoyed most of the positions I worked at here.
Office Support / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation events, set hours and management knows your name
Cons: cut backs with changing markets, overtime and raises not offered in many departments
Love the people many friends still there and occasionally get to stop on my managers business to see/chat with a few. Auction day was always exciting and fast paced, I worked many positions and enjoyed the challenge of learning a whole new field. The mid-level managers I worked with were working along side you or had done some of most positions and were ready with help to show you a quicker/easier way. The hardest part of the job was leaving, even for a higher wage and being able to work one job again. The many people I worked with and the friendships I still maintain.
Very productive and busy work environment.
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
There is never a dull moment at Adesa. Management is wonderful and very understanding. I enjoy the time I get to work with the public as well as my co-workers.
decent place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Manville, NJApril 6, 2015
great co workers but the management was frustrating, once again it was all about profits and no care went into the workers.
Fun Place to Work
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee), Plainfield, INJanuary 5, 2015
My background includes 2 years at Adesa Auto Auction inspecting vehicles.I look for major and minor damages. Anything from a missing bumper to a tiny burn hole in the seat. I report everything to the rep/owner and they choose to fix it or not.
good benefits great people
Arbitration clerk and posting clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: company pays most of insurance, paid vaction, sick, and personal days
I post all sublet vendors that is used by auction personal. I have learned a lot about posting and arbitration from this job. believe me the job is not hard to do just trying to remember all the querks that go with it ,the different accounts have different ways of posting their stuff . all in all I really like my job .
Really enjoyed being here!
Detailer (Former Employee), Pell City, ALSeptember 23, 2014
I met a lot of great people working here. I was able to meet and talk with people from all different walks of life. I also learned a lot about auctioning a vehicle.
Typical telemarking job, great first job kind of place but not for long term
Account support (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 3, 2014
This was a sales/customer service type of job. If sales goals wereln't made then you knew it and so did everyone else since they kept sales on a board for everyone to see. Hardest part was having to push services on people that didn't really need them and rebuttal after rebuttal til they hung up. most enjoyable was being able to do inbound where you got to help people instead.
Great Experience
Condition Report Writer (Former Employee), Fountain, COJuly 29, 2014
Worked outdoors. Learned many aspects of what makes up an "auction." Enjoyed the people I worked with and every day was a new experience.
No Personal life
Detailer (Former Employee), Franklin, OhioJuly 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, co workers
Cons: management
A typical work day consisted of about ten hour's.
I learned how to detail car's and how to respect employee's.
Management was poor and selfish.
I loved my job but the management was so terrible.
good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXJune 28, 2014
Pros: mgn that cared
Cons: na
mgn was great , the pay was fair , but as many start up co. fails
Enjoy working with the public
Transportation Administrator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2014
Pros: lots of room to advance
Cons: healthcare
The days working @ the auctions was always busy we had sales every week i like to be busy .
Marketing Director
MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaMay 19, 2014
Pros: great job, interesting, benifits
Cons: long hours, had to be awy from my kids in the evening
Updated all online marketing material, places adds online and with auto magazines, in charge of all promotions for the auction, including give away's, trips and travel. Made all promotional materials for sales team.
Productive, fastpaced
Detailer Inspector (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: u
Learn alot about quality of cars in the blue book of dealing in car sales, by what to look for.
Dept mgrs are uneducated aliens.Probably illegals
Condition Report Writer (Current Employee), Manville, NJDecember 5, 2013
Culture of Bikers and criminals run the assylum.Intimidation tactics to get you to do things .Many illegal and unasafe practices observed.Mgt is intimidated by certain employees who steal services . If not one of the chosen ones you are trated like cattle.This facility should be closed and sued.
Production
QC (Former Employee), Franklin, OHNovember 27, 2013
Job was fine people were fine, worked 7 days a week at 80-90 hours is hard, no family time.
Easy Going Place
Account Rep/ Inside Sales (Former Employee), Houston,TXNovember 8, 2013
Great Place to work, Staff and Sales Manager I worked for were amazing!
Fun in sun when opportunity to meet different people every day
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Hutchins, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: enjoyed coworkers
Cons: texas heat
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I got along with my fellow coworkers very well and it made the day go by fun amd fast. Every day I would show up and release the night shift and get briefed if anything special needed to be done. Then after shift change I would get everything situated for incoming sale vehicles for auction. They would arrive and i would check the VINs and descriptio matched up with the paperwork and make sure that its the right vehicle. After everything was in order, I would stamp their paperwork make copys and direct them to the area they needed to park. It came real easy to me and my Manager was pleased because other people had problems that came before me. The management was very respectful and took noticed when someone did a good job and would complement them about it. Everyone got along and worked well with each other the only con would be the Texas heat during the summer.
DECENT JOB, BUT DON'T BE NAIVE
Account Admin (Former Employee), Manville, NJAugust 18, 2013
Pros: a/c, holiday parties, paid time off
Cons: no value of employees, overworked, unrealistic productivity goals, pay increases frozen, no free lunch unless special occasions
The employees do not hold value here. If upper management needs to satisfy their customer, they will throw you under the bus. This is a chain reaction. The upper management stresses out the direct supervisors who in turn stress out the employees. The incentives that are promised, never happen. Some supervisors are upstanding and they do care. Many have witnessed employees be lied to, tricked, and set up. Everything isn't bad there. If you do your work and leave the job there, you will be fine. Don't allow yourself to be engulfed when you clock out. The pay is ok, but raises....don't count on much of one.
looked forward to work every day.Enjoyed interacting with customers
Sales and Services Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2013
thoroughly enjoyed the work environment. Engaging customers and employees.Did not particularly enjoy corporate policy changes that weren't well thought out.The Ready..Fire...Aim variety.
Busy, interesting place of employment with a variety of interesting people
Van Driver (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 23, 2013
Pros: different people to deal with daily
Cons: sometimes long hot hours in az sun
Enjoyable and busy where time passed quickly. Opportunity to interact with diverse cultures, personalites and ideals. Able to establish friendships with people who ordinarily would not have met.