Adesa Auto Auction Employee Reviews

Fast
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA 98002April 24, 2017
This was a up beat and fast pace to work. They were loud and full of energy. The front office staff was great. The outside staff did amazing jobs on getting everything put together.
adesa review
driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2017
how to get along with all nationalities.
how to manage the movement of people.
hardest part was working in inclement weather.
most enjoyable delivering and picking up automobiles.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch on auction day
Cons
rainy weather
Loved Loved Loved
Human Resources/Fleet Lease Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAApril 11, 2017
Great experience to put under your belt. I loved the people you work with as well as the people you meet coming in and out of the auction. Couldn't of asked for a better position in this company.
Much like a govenment job
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 31, 2017
The organization was on auto pilot. Vehicles came in, were processed and sold. It was a job. Corporate management could not determine what to do with our telesales division. We were really customer service, but thought of us as more inside sales. The position seemed to be reinvented every 2 years. They made a job that was unfulfilling and job that was unbearable.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Dirty old facility (an old GM Plant)
Good job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 20, 2017
Typical day as a team leader I detailed cars preparing them to be sold. The management was good I learned to work well with others safely to complete job task.There was not much to offer for advancing.
Average place to work
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Akron, NYMarch 9, 2017
Long hours but pay was acceptable. Hardest part of the job was the clear communication oof operating policies and the constant changes. Most enjoyable part of job was the networking and not having to sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare
No room for advancement
Auction employee (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 27, 2017
This company does not care about its employees. If you are not family or in the right social clique you will not move up. I would say if you are content being a low rung employee this is the place for you, if you want to better yourself and move into management look else where. Management positions only go to family members or friends of the GM, if you are not on his friends list you don't get promoted.
very fast paced loved the environment on sales
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2017
Answering phones talking to car dealers Faxing , and copying car titles getting cars ready for sales weekly . Learning a lot about new cars and the fun in the Auto industry
Pros
We had free lunches on Thursday, Great insurance and a expandabe company
Cons
needed a bigger break room and a closer bathroom
Productive, hard work
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYFebruary 11, 2017
They ran out of chemicals required to do the job frequently. There was favoritism. Dr appts were frowned upon during the work day, yet their health insurance gave you money for certain tasks done medically.
Pros
Good money, friendly work environment
Cons
Cold in the winter, hot in the summer, some management was condesending
not a horrible place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Benefits are good, paid time off. building could use some work, management needs improvement, pretty laid back environment. Not the greatest place to work but it's work
Pros
easy to get to.
Cons
little heat in the winter, and spotty equipment.
Hard working environment
Auction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manville, NJOctober 28, 2016
Hard learning curve, management is not the greatest. Given a lot of responsibility but little compensation. Don't show a lot of appreciation to their employees.
E Commerce Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed being able to help customers and assist them in what they were needing attention on. To provide great customer service
Lots of moving around
Lot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYOctober 19, 2016
Knowing how to start/drive all cars is easier than it sounds with some of the new features some of these cars come with. Mastering manual shifting and organizing an enormous lot.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Big corporation where you're more a number than a person.
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fairburn GeorgiaOctober 12, 2016
Overall a good place to work all managers get along well a safe place to work also workers get along well here also have monthly safety training lack of work at times
Not the best place to work
Professional Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 17, 2016
Adesa is the new owner of my employment and has not proven to be very employee friendly. They took away all benefits and treat part time employees unfairly in my estimation for the work that they do and the responsibilities out on them,
n/a
Inside Dealer Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 26, 2016
Assist in consignment activities, including maintaining contact with consignment dealers and sales representatives. Assist the Outside Dealer Sales Representatives & Manager in servicing dealer relationships, development of new business, retention of existing business and any other duties and responsibilities required. Perform all duties assigned by the Dealer Sales & Services Manager or designated manager
Fun workplace where you interact with a lot of different people
Front Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 18, 2016
I only worked here in an entry level capacity, however, I had a fun time because I was able to interact with so many different people. I formed good relationships with other employees that I still maintain to this day 9 years after I left. The hardest part of the job was when you are dealing with so many different people, you gets lots of different personalities and you have to learn how to handle each one in order to not upset someone.
Pros
Fun, laid back
Fun place to work
Block Clerk (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 16, 2016
I like the company, I work one day a week. I’ve learned a lot about cars and how an auction works. You are paid a base pay only. If you choose to work in the office after the auction is over, then you are paid hourly.
Pros
I’m paid a flat rate for the auction
Cons
whatever the element is outside Hot/Cold that is the element you work in
Great place to work.
Lot crew (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 27, 2016
Adesa is a great place to work to work and has great job security. The only thing is the pay is not so great but good starter job when you turn 18.
Don't go there!
mechanic shop (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COApril 20, 2016
While working there, I did meet some of the best people I have had the opportunity to work with. While these people were few and far between, the vast majority of individuals who work there are over bearing, vicious and vindictive. The GM (female) is a liar and a bully and often makes her employees cry. I was only employed there for a short time and during that time, 11 people quit/left due to the GM's mistreatment of them. I was physically threatened by a co-worker and when I made a formal compliant to corporate HR, I was bullied by both the GM and transportation manager to the point that I felt compelled to withdraw my complaint for fear of losing my job. The transportation manager is a suck up and reports to the GM every infraction (whether it is founded or not). The Mechanic/Arbitration, Fleet Lease and Sales managers are all awesome folks and a joy to work with. The pay was terrible and was not allowed any benefits due to part time status. I was constantly promised full time status, but that never happened.
Pros
none, really
Cons
too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adesa Auto Auction. Our community is ready to answer.