Adesa Auto Auction Employee Reviews in United States

Don't go there!
mechanic shop (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COApril 20, 2016
While working there, I did meet some of the best people I have had the opportunity to work with. While these people were few and far between, the vast majority of individuals who work there are over bearing, vicious and vindictive. The GM (female) is a liar and a bully and often makes her employees cry. I was only employed there for a short time and during that time, 11 people quit/left due to the GM's mistreatment of them. I was physically threatened by a co-worker and when I made a formal compliant to corporate HR, I was bullied by both the GM and transportation manager to the point that I felt compelled to withdraw my complaint for fear of losing my job. The transportation manager is a suck up and reports to the GM every infraction (whether it is founded or not). The Mechanic/Arbitration, Fleet Lease and Sales managers are all awesome folks and a joy to work with. The pay was terrible and was not allowed any benefits due to part time status. I was constantly promised full time status, but that never happened.
Pros
none, really
Cons
too many to mention
Adesa Auto Auction
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fountain, CO 80817March 5, 2016
A typical day at Adesa was to Wait for equipment to start up and then take it outside. i would Walk around cars and drive them all day to write up a vehicle inspection report to estimate value of damage both body and mechanical. This would help the clients understand the condition of the vehicles and what they could do to raise the value of them so that they could sale at a maximum price.
Pros
outdoors, driving, healthcare
Great people to work with
District Dealer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 22, 2016
People are all friendly and courteous. There are new things to learn everyday. The management staff has no clearly defined goals or objectives.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
low pay
Well compensated but no job security
Frame Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2016
As an independent sub-contract frame inspector for Adesa, I was the only inspector qualified to examine structural integrity. It was difficult to take a sick day and often had to work weekends. Co-workers were great people to be around.
Great Company
CR Writer Adesa Auto Auction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
Awesome company to work for. I hated leaving however I have a family and needed more money. Received a lot of experience through Adesa. Working with great team players.
Work with a bit of fun
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 5, 2015
Decent place to work, got to have a little fun while working. Had a cafeteria on auction days with good food. Co-Workers where good people, easy to work with.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
had to work in rain/cold
Great Company
Fleet Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
Not a lot of room to grow. Other than that I had a great experience. It was an easy place to care about your job, and nice to work with people that cared as well.
Productive, fast pase, fun place to work
Technician II Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 14, 2015
I like working for this company because of my awesome boss, the benefits, and the people I work with are great. Get to see lots of cool cars. We have chances to win gift cards at employee meetings.
Pros
paid time off, friendly employees.
Enjoyed most of the positions I worked at here.
Office Support / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, NYJune 18, 2015
Love the people many friends still there and occasionally get to stop on my managers business to see/chat with a few. Auction day was always exciting and fast paced, I worked many positions and enjoyed the challenge of learning a whole new field. The mid-level managers I worked with were working along side you or had done some of most positions and were ready with help to show you a quicker/easier way. The hardest part of the job was leaving, even for a higher wage and being able to work one job again. The many people I worked with and the friendships I still maintain.
Pros
employee appreciation events, set hours and management knows your name
Cons
cut backs with changing markets, overtime and raises not offered in many departments
Very productive and busy work environment.
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
There is never a dull moment at Adesa. Management is wonderful and very understanding. I enjoy the time I get to work with the public as well as my co-workers.
decent place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Manville, NJApril 6, 2015
great co workers but the management was frustrating, once again it was all about profits and no care went into the workers.
Fun Place to Work
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 5, 2015
My background includes 2 years at Adesa Auto Auction inspecting vehicles.I look for major and minor damages. Anything from a missing bumper to a tiny burn hole in the seat. I report everything to the rep/owner and they choose to fix it or not.
good benefits great people
Arbitration clerk and posting clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
I post all sublet vendors that is used by auction personal. I have learned a lot about posting and arbitration from this job. believe me the job is not hard to do just trying to remember all the querks that go with it ,the different accounts have different ways of posting their stuff . all in all I really like my job .
Pros
company pays most of insurance, paid vaction, sick, and personal days
Really enjoyed being here!
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALSeptember 23, 2014
I met a lot of great people working here. I was able to meet and talk with people from all different walks of life. I also learned a lot about auctioning a vehicle.
Typical telemarking job, great first job kind of place but not for long term
Account support (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 3, 2014
This was a sales/customer service type of job. If sales goals wereln't made then you knew it and so did everyone else since they kept sales on a board for everyone to see. Hardest part was having to push services on people that didn't really need them and rebuttal after rebuttal til they hung up. most enjoyable was being able to do inbound where you got to help people instead.
Great Experience
Condition Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJuly 29, 2014
Worked outdoors. Learned many aspects of what makes up an "auction." Enjoyed the people I worked with and every day was a new experience.
No Personal life
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OhioJuly 19, 2014
A typical work day consisted of about ten hour's.
I learned how to detail car's and how to respect employee's.
Management was poor and selfish.
I loved my job but the management was so terrible.
Pros
benefits, co workers
Cons
management
good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJune 28, 2014
mgn was great , the pay was fair , but as many start up co. fails
Pros
mgn that cared
Cons
na
Enjoy working with the public
Transportation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2014
The days working @ the auctions was always busy we had sales every week i like to be busy .
Pros
lots of room to advance
Cons
healthcare
Marketing Director
MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaMay 19, 2014
Updated all online marketing material, places adds online and with auto magazines, in charge of all promotions for the auction, including give away's, trips and travel. Made all promotional materials for sales team.
Pros
great job, interesting, benifits
Cons
long hours, had to be awy from my kids in the evening

Adesa Auto Auction Reviews by Job Title