ADESA

ADESA Employer Reviews

need trainning for employee, all is on the job
Roll Back operator / Driver (Current Employee), Pa.April 4, 2014
Pros: injoy co-workers
Cons: little conmunacations.
Most employees are help full and enjoyable to work with. manage is reaction, not pro action.
Aother great oppotunity
Driver (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 23, 2014
I wish I could have stayed longer. Management had great people skills and brought out the best in thier employees. The job atmosphere was so comfortable that at times it felt as though I was'nt even working.
laid back atomsphere
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: company parties
Cons: healthcare
preparing cars for weekly auction

accounts payable/receivable tasks daily

it was a handful of us there with the company so it was like family

Hardest part was closing...it was done all in one day

love my half days on Friday
A decent company to work for
PDR Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management
It is a good company to work for. Demands are hiring and sometimes required to do 15+ hours days. Your are compensated well for those extra hours.
great company i would work for this company again
mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2014
fast paced job always something to do

i learned how to be a proficient mechanic and how to work on many different cars

one boss and just me made a great team and management

hardest part of job was the over excessive lifting over 150 pounds

the team and work place made the it the best job ever
They discriminate on sex and outside candidates
Office associate (Former Employee), northern ohioFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: pay, if your a male forget it.
They mostly hire women even though you are well qualified. They discriminate on sex.
n/a
Ohio Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Montpelier, OHFebruary 6, 2014
Managed and grew Ohio franchised dealerships, independent car dealers, banks and lease companies; activated over 150 accounts. Build and maintain relationships, negotiate prices between buyers and consigners.
I love all the new cars that come through the showroom
Receptopnist/Secretary (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: i love all the interaction with all the dealers
Cons: no free lunhes
On all 3 sale days, during the week, the days go by really fast that it doesn't seem like a regular work day.
car detailing
car detailer (Current Employee), Manville, NJJanuary 29, 2014
i've learned how to clean cars in a fast paced assembly line type style
good place to work all things considered
Mechanical Shop Manager (Former Employee), Manville, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Fast pace and lots of deadlines, I've learned that word of mouth circulating through out the facility is sometimes a major issue when trying to accomplish tasks due to constantly having to address rumors. Management at Adesa, in most cases, is cover your butt at all times which sometime creates an atmosphere of not helping other departments in fear – more... of being pulled into issues that are present in that department. Like any place there are great people working there and not so great people, that being the case dealing with all of the different personalities is the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part is the support and flexibility that you get from upper management the accomplish your common goals. – less
Great Learning Opportunity
Manager - ( Contract Consultant) (Former Employee), Little RockJanuary 12, 2014
Provided technical assistance to managers and potential employees using Vurv software.
Conducted new hire orientation and training. Established maintained employee personnel files.
Monitored training conducted all departments to ensure compliance with company policies and
procedures. Performed benefit administration and assumed fiduciary duties. Met – more... staffing targets of 85% percent. – less
to much micro management for little hours & little pay
Vehicle Check-In (Former Employee), Bradenton, FloridaNovember 5, 2013
Pros: the awesome peolpe i worked with, some of the benefits were good if got them
Cons: barely got breaks, management, pay was awful, & no raises
I worked in vehicle check in for almost 2 years & every day was the same thing. Scan & check vin # on car, put in options, print labels. Management says "It's not about the money, if you love your job" & "that we should thank god that we have a job". Management only cares about the customers & not the employees. It should be both.They like to mess with – more... your hours. They never tell you good job or try harder next time. They always told you that your mistakes cost the company thousands of $.
The people I worked with on a regular basis were awesome people. They work their butts of for little pay & no recognition.
The most enjoyable part is getting to know the people I worked with. – less
FUN
Block Clerk (Former Employee), N Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great people and dealers`
Loved working as a block clerk, time sure flies when your having fun at the live auction block
Fun to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Manville, NJOctober 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: working conditions
I learned about the auto auction business and its many complexities. The working conditions were something to be desired but I persevered.
Samantha Citrangola
E-Business Admin (Current Employee), Yaphank, NYOctober 2, 2013
My typical day at work includes a lot of customer service and dealing with the customers hands on. What I've learned at ADSEA is collections, to take in payments, floor plan, to be Microsoft proficient.
Unique opportunity
Lead Driver/Transportation (Former Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 6, 2013
Cons: no set break time, lack of work
transporting vehicles in a safe and timely manner throughout the day was enjoyable, relaxing work environment
Interesting experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2013
This was my first position after I graduated, and I couldn't have had a better experience.
OK, not good just OK
Lot Crew (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJuly 1, 2013
Pros: simple
Cons: ok management, poor pay, long hours
working at ADESA is very plain. nothing special nothing great you getting a caryou find the parking spot you park the car in the spot repeat for hours n hours for a few hundred carsthe pay is minimumthe days are few or more if you're lucky call it a lunch money or gas money job. Find something better and permanent os at all possible.
Not 1 happy employee could be found in entire department of 30 plus
CR writer (Current Employee), Adesa ManvilleJune 14, 2013
Cons: poor managent skills.mgs inexperienced
Worst teratment of employees that I have seen in 35 years of working.Company steals from employees by taking hours from you during the week and inform you on thurs or friday that you will work saturday wiyhout overtime .Very busy Auction.Emphasis on quantity not Quality.Write CRs outdoors in thunder and lightning storms , blizzards hailstorms and freezing – more... temps,and expect accuracy.Managers stand guard like correction officers so no one leaves before he says so. – less
Tele-sales Representative
Tele-Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 24, 2013
A typical workday for me is that I always give 100%, where I can help our dealers with whatever they need, when then came into town. I have learned so much about car auctions and different types of cars. The hardest part of any new job is the learning curve after that its a piece of cake. The best part of any job is learning about the company you are – more... working for and helping people. – less

1 2 3

About ADESA

ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The┬ácompany offers used vehicle – Read more