Adient Employee Reviews

adient
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 3, 2018
it could be ran a lot different and better
it was to hard on your hands
never had time to spend with your family
learned quick and easily
machines are out of date
Pros
good money
Cons
hard work
A lot of overtime at times
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, OHDecember 31, 2017
If you don't have children, I would recommend working there. Good job for younger people. Work isn't hard, just never know if you will have to work 12 hours from day to day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never know if you will have to stay over and work 12 hours or come in early to work 12 hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Murfresboro TNDecember 29, 2017
At advent it was a quick pase job but we had 3 breaks and a lunch. they cut people off the line so had to do more than one job at one time. Wish they would have gave me more of a warning when they layed me off.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Produciton worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNDecember 27, 2017
Good reasonable job if you stay in the city, can't speak for everyone but there a lot folks that commute. I commute and Its very exhausted to me. There a lot of jobs that can be perform, it just depend on what Department your in, but some job are terrible, and very boring. Breaks are less than 10 min, the only full break you get is lunch.
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
Department, work station.
Adient is good company and forward thinking
Lead, SAP IAT (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 20, 2017
Adient at the time I left was comprised mostly of Johnson Controls employees with a few new people mostly at the c-suite level. They took that experience and choose to go in new innovative directions not possible while under Johnson Controls. It was nice to see all of the company focused on a single manufacturing area versus always having to compete for capital from other business areas.
My Adient Experience in Murfreesboro, TN
PRODUCTION 60 Truck Line (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 18, 2017
You learn to be quick with your hands. Most defiantly makes your arms and hands much stronger dealing with drill guns and other equipment. They have both female and male positions. Every work station has a precise time to get each task done. Very well put together environment and are willing to work with you if you have an emergency or anything. The management is very professional and well understanding about each persons responsibilities and problems. They will train you on each different position in the company that you are interested in. The training station is pretty neat I must say. they give you multiple chances on each task to see which one fits best for you and the company. Teaches everyone to be team players and help each other out along the way on which ever line they station you at. The co workers I worked with are really good at what they do and are very friendly. Great Company to work at.
Factory Life
Production Team Member / Johnson Controls (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MODecember 15, 2017
Regular factory life, I suppose. Great pay and benefits, thanks to a wonderful union. The environment can be great among co-workers if you make friends, but management can be quite underhanded. Typically 10-12 hour days of standing and building seats. The culture is pretty relaxed, casual dress code, people blaring music. There is zero opportunity to advance within the company. They have said (although they have not necessarily followed through) that they will not promote from within. All positions on the plant floor, other than maintenance, IT, and supervisors is dictated through seniority rather than merit.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Management, no Advancement
diversity
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYDecember 12, 2017
meets lots of different people. company cares about their employees. offer different healthcare options, 401k, and lots of discounts for restaurants, cellular service, and tv providers.
Pros
great pay
horrible
Assembler, Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MONovember 27, 2017
working at adient they treated any female poorly. Females didnt get the same respect. They would work us consonantly. I care more about my health than making money.
fast paste, good pay
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALNovember 26, 2017
good pay
very dirty
breath in the smog from the welders
standing on feet all day
short lunches and breaks
don't keep water filled
not weather controled
It’s ok
Electrical Maintenance A Level Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNNovember 16, 2017
It’s an ok place but ran down needs money invested in it and all the presses and robot welding cells it has been neglected awhile and they try to keep it running with only the basics like zip ties and duck tape
staying for the money
Seat Assembler (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYOctober 21, 2017
You will physically hurt the entire time you work in seat assembly in Georgetown, KY. Additionally, the mental anguish from work peers is just as bad. The younger workforce on the night shift say whatever they want about whatever demographic they hate. If you are white, male and straight, you will be warmly accepted here. Otherwise, you will be treated like a second class citizen. Management hears all of the racist and bigoted remarks made by the employees and does absolutely nothing to stop it. Sometimes, they also laugh alongside the people who harass on a continual and daily basis and even contribute to the harassment.
Pros
pay provides a living wage
Cons
culture
Challenging and satisfying career
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 17, 2017
My day consisted of keeping the lines running smooth by utilizing my technical skills to fix computer systems for the GM/Ford seat manufacturing plant. I learned more about how IT is used in the manufacturing industry. Also got more familiar with SQL. The job culture was focused on getting the job done, but everybody had a laid back attitude. The most challenging part of the job was when the new years seats came out and we didn't have a choice but to figure out how to make things run the way they needed to to be productive. The things that made the job most enjoyable would be getting to walk more for my health while working and being hands on with the technology,.
Pros
Free lunches almost daily.
Cons
30 minute lunches when I had to go find food
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 17, 2017
Fast pace when parts are in stock but overall great experience . Ability to learn a lot of different departments but not much change when going from machine to machine.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks
Very Unprofessional
Material Analyst (Current Employee) –  French Town, MIOctober 16, 2017
Stay away from the materials department. Very unprofessional. Zero communication and leadership. If you are not in the managers click then you will be out the door on some sort of technicality.
Lack of Customer Vision
Subject Matter Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 9, 2017
Adient provides advancement up to a point. Once you reach a level you will need to be capable of political positioning to advance within the complany. The vision for Adient has very little to do with profitibility and more to do with perception for stock holders. Plan to be moved around alot and restructured every time a new manager is assigned.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
travel expectations are unreasonable
culture of high output with focus on reducing cost and Increasing ROI
Global Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MI 48170October 8, 2017
a typical day starts at 8:00AM. Employees are expected to learn the ropes quickly. A highly matrixed global organization. Decision making is sometimes nebulus. The loudest voice in the room is usually the person who sets the direction. Highly enthusiastic leadership team, Extremely high energy and profile. A diverse culture that is sometimes di ointed but always engaging.
Pros
Large backlog of new business
Cons
Company focus on moving work to low cost countries
So-so management and poor supervisors
Quality/operator (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MichiganOctober 6, 2017
I did not talk to management much. I usually spoke with the engineers for BMW a lot. They were very friendly and professional. A monotonous job. I learned a lot about engineering and working with those who want to advance quality. Very important. The management was indifferent.. The culture was toxic with most supervisors though. The job was tedious and I was very isolated. I enjoyed the engineers who were always willing to communicate with me on problems with quality and were professional.
Pros
Courteous engineers
Cons
Tedious and isolated/poor supervisor communication
Great place to work at..
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work at... great people and staff..
Have a very important role with the company and love my job.
I really have a great salary team and also a great hourly team..
Enjoy your family?
Nope (Current Employee) –  NopeOctober 5, 2017
Don’t work here. 7 days a week. Lack of raise which was promised when moved to new position. No balance with work and home. Management and hr can’t get their act together. They don’t see potential in applicants if you work for them and try to bring someone in.
Pros
Gym. Cafeteria.
Cons
Pretty much everything else