Adirondack Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Uihlein Living Center
CNA (Former Employee) –  Uihlein Living CenterSeptember 26, 2015
Worked here for many years and had some great administration however under the current administration I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go work there!!! They are NOT a good fit. It's treated more like a factory than a nursing home. The residents have become a non priority unfortunately:(
Loved it!
Member of the laboratory team (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NY, USAJune 22, 2015
Wish I had stayed longer. Great team work. Friendly environment. Learned a great deal, excellent training program. Small city but great place to work at.
Community hospital with great team.
Patient Care Director - ER, ICU, Senior BHU (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Loved working for the 97-bed community hospital. Was able to learn and grow in the organization from staff nurse to director level. Worked with a great group of people for 12 1/2 years. Decided last year that it was time to move on from this position as I have grown to the highest level that I can achieve in this organization. I feel I have more to offer and eventually in my career would like to become a CNO. The hardest part of this job is the continual addition of job titles and additional responsibilities that are unreasonable for one person to complete sufficiently.
Pros
small, close-knit community hospital.
Cons
small hospital with limited room for growth and advancement.
Rural Hospital with top notch MD's and technology
Certified Gastroenterology Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYAugust 20, 2014
I have been an employee for this organization for 32 years.This organization has seen alot of growth and challenges.The Physicans and other healthcare providers with whom I have the pleasure of working with are talented and bring alot skill to the organization .The team is a family and we strive for best patient care and outcome for all the patients we encounter.
excellent place to work at
Charge Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYAugust 15, 2013
aside from the scenic view, the hospital staff are very warm and friendly
Mercy living center is a joke!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tupper lakeJuly 29, 2013
I worked for mercy living center for just shy of 3 years. While working there I noticed a huge lack of management and cooperation skills. Staff were not excited about their jobs as the work environment was terrible. They treat employees like garbage and have tyrants thinking they own the place!
Beautiful Adirondack Setting
Radiological/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYFebruary 26, 2013
I worked the third shift and accomplished my 40 hours from 3:30 p.m. Friday until 8:30 p.m. Monday morning. I very much enjoyed my shift and the four days off to myself and family time.
I loved my job, where i worked, who i worked with and the people i was able to help on a daily basis.
Growing Institution in a rural setting
DIRECTOR OF CARDIOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, New YorkJanuary 21, 2013
Developed and expanded the division of cardiology as well as introduced new technology, services and national standards.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
rural underserved region