Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

easy job
Tier 2 iOS Performance Coach (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 26, 2015
The job is easy the difficult part would be the scheduling its on a bid type basis so you could literally go from working 8-4 to closing 3-11 thats the only part that was unpleasant
a productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
A good and enjoyable place to work. management is always there hands on working environment is very pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the is the people.
nice job
Call Center Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 24, 2015
Great group of people who love helping customers and shows excellent work ethics. I have enjoyed my time here at minacs and recommend people to apply for this company.
fun workplace like working with family
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 24, 2015
Provide Customer service
Activate OnStar equipped vehicles
Demonstrate empathy and willingness to assist
Troubleshoot and Resolve technical issues with the OnStar system
Creating and escalating cases
Can be fun but not usually
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: decent pay, great coworkers, overtime
Cons: working too much overtime guarantees that your check will be incorrect, management is rewarded for your hard work, very little job security
A typical day at work includes answering phones for customers, light troubleshooting and dealing with a whole lot of bs from management. Training teaches you how to use the program we use but leaves a lot of holes for you to figure out on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the worst is the favoritism from management.
Productive and Fun environment
Reacquisition Advisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 18, 2015
I was responsible for handling calls from customers and potential customers interested in starting or restarting Onstar services. I learned a lot about different people everyday, even assisted with some emergencies.
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Paid holiday. Only having to work 1 Saturday ot the month.
Cons: Short breaks and lunches. Inconsistent policies.
I work for consumers energy through Minacs. It's ok. You'd take over 100 calls a day nonstop. Very repetitive. There was A lot of inconstancy with policies. For instance we'd be taught to do things one way during training, and when we got to the floor and took calls we'd get coached because apparently that was the wrong info. The Team Leads could've been more professional. HIGH turnover rate. $10/hr is cool but not enough with the customers you had to deal with on a daily basis.

Oh and whenever a new training class is scheduled to start, they start writing people up for little petty things to get you out so they can make room for the new class.
No day is the same
Team Manager (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 7, 2015
Pros: In a nice area
Cons: No parking, no paid lunch, low salaries, and a disregard to the employees
I typically enter in information from Ford and Mazda dealerships (ex. Report a sale, Certify a vehicle, Update mileage and sales dates, and Processing checks for Ford ESP Goodwill project.
I have learned to utilize my time management skills.
The management here is nice and approachable.
My co-workers are great, they really know the meaning of team work
The hardest part of the job is finding more work to do.
The most enjoyable part of the job is processing the checks for the ESP Goodwill project
There was a lot of information given that was needed.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 30, 2015
I was in training the entire time was with the company. I would go in sit at a computer while the instructor gave us loads of information. I learned quite a lot about all the company's departments as I was training to be a part of the "CARE" department. The manager of the training department was not as thorough as she could have been as there were people removed from the training before they had any – more... real chance to apply the information that given to us. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn the massive amounts of information given in such a small amount of time (2 weeks) and applying it to the job immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to and resolve problems with the clients. I was happy to have a happy, satisfied customer on the line after I ended my calls. – less
The Job was okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
The job was a great experience and i learned alot and enjoyed the time working there. Management was okay. The staff was somewhat helpful and engaging to help the co-workers.
Lack of communication and employees are treated by business need
GM Tech (Current Employee), Warren, MiJuly 22, 2015
Learned a lot of different skills by interacting with different management and moving up through the company but hit the max really fast as you move up the salary cap does not change a whole lot.
Non-conducive work environment/great co-workers
Former Team Leader (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: job security, benefits, lack of resources, micro management
I worked for Minacs for 4.5 years, it started out great with a great culture and a fun work environment. It seemed as though upper management cared about it's employees. Over the last 2-3 years there was a very high turn over rate, a lack of resources to properly do your job and meet expectations. as well a poor communication from upper management about job roles, transitions, and expectations. Overcrowding employees on one team was unrealistic, but pushed to the limit monthly. Micro management was typical, and putting in 12-14 hour days, and still not being able to complete all of your work is typical. This a company that tries to maximize profitability in a way that is non-conducive to a healthy and pleasant work environment for hard working employees.
Valuable Experiece
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 17, 2015
I received valuable work experience while at Minacs as a member of their Consumer's Energy campaign. The schedule was reasonable and reasonable accommodations were made when necessary to allow employees to manage personal matters.

I learned to use Citrix and other computer applications to assist Consumers Energy customers with Utility concerns and bill management. I learned to navigate databases – more... to research relevant information to assist customers more effectively.

Management closely monitored the day to day operation of employees until we were trusted to effectively assist customers.
The most difficult part of the job was not getting too personal with the customers with difficult home circumstances; however, the best part about the job was building rapport with customers and providing the necessary assistance to keep families utilities connected. – less
Not the best company to work for
agent I (Former Employee), austin,texasJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: stressful, poor management, lack of job security, high turnover rate.
This is a good company to go to to gain experience in a high workload stressful environment. The company was not the best to work for, I would not recommend it for many. It is a great entry level job to go to when you want to gain experience to elevate into other fields.
ok place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2015
OK place to work. Pay not too bad. I would recommend to someone looking for an entry level position. This is not for someone who has experience but for someone who is looking build their resume.
Productive Yet Stressful Work Space
Contractor (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Receiving Pay Electronically
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work is normally 8-9 hour shifts with two 15 minute breaks. The breaks are used to make a phone call or use the restroom. You receive one half hour lunch as well. We are normally at the same cubicle everyday on a certain team taking inbound calls being aware of our call handling time, transfer rates, or sells on a designated computer.
Difficult Work Environment
Team Manager/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 10, 2015
Lots of room for advancement, but customer can be difficult to deal with on a regular basis. Customers can also be very rewarding and provide positive feedback for good employees.
Great people to work with
Technical Support Service Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience in call center
Cons: Management could be rude
Working for this company was fun. The management on the other hand was a little un professional in that it could be tough when it came to getting help with the job. The people you work with are amazing, and easy to get a long with. Turn over rate is very high. The hardest part of the job was answering calls back to back with no time in between. Also hours were based on a bidding sytem which changed monthly.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), farmington hills michiganJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free netflix
Cons: not able to choose your own shift
typical day at Minacs high call volume, I have learned patience also the management team are very nice also if you are young great environment, hardest part asking if you can go to the restroom, I enjoy speaking to my customers
Overall satisfactory
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 8, 2015
This was a company that had no room for growth & development. There was no moving up corporate ladder. Co- worhers was inmature & annoying
Employees