Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

Very unorganized.
To assist priority customers (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2015
A lot of pressure. Constantly standing over you while working. No benefits. Long list of work and very little time to do it. Very stressful.
Pros
Inside working conditions.
Cons
Not enough pay for the stress related.
Sucks!
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 12, 2015
Not worth it. Back ache, neck ache, the most uncomfortable chairs, unfair, not professional, and a lot of other bad stuff. Work this job to get what you need, and leave
Pros
Sit down at work, down time
Cons
no life, short breaks
Interesting place to work
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 12, 2015
Enjoyed working with the people and the opportunities that were presented to me. Developed some relationships with nice people and customers.
Fun & Productive was able to watch netflix while working
Netflix Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIApril 6, 2015
I learned how to deal with upset customers. Management did the necessary coaching to improve employees skills. The hardest part was coming in at 7 pm and leaving at 4 am. The best part is being able to watch netflix while working
Pros
scheduling was open 365 days a year 24 hours a day
Cons
free netflix
Atmosphere was nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the other agents on my team, and my boss was nice. I didn't like the fact that they were very disorganized most of the time, and were not flexible with any schedules
Cool.
Tier 2 Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 5, 2015
Not a bad job, literally have to get yourself fired. However they are going through a transitional period with the new site manager. Other than that all around I would recommend working there.

Rated the Job work balance a 3 because it is more about company needs rather than working with you. They do let you know that they do need you on certain days but you can get a part time schedule and a schedule based around school while full time.

It is a call center and they do not allow phones and most people get fired for phones or attendance.

Not too lenient with attendance but for a call center very lenient.

I would go back personally.

Pay was ok.
Pros
HR, benefits, movement.
Cons
leniency, pay.
Great career starter
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  FarmingtonApril 2, 2015
Company a great place to start out your career path and learn how a help desk work. This company help you with customer service and how to deal with difficult people.
Overall Pretty Good
CPU Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 19, 2015
Face-paced environment, lots of available skill sets & training to acquire once you're in the door...only thing that could better the time spent here is to make the job stability more longterm.
Pros
resume-builder
Cons
short-term
Hours when you need them
Legal Correspondence Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2015
Very hard work, customers often brutal, but in the end most issues were resolved in the most mutually agreeable way. Was told more than a few times that I needed thick skin to work here.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
pay
Horrid Management
CPU technical support Advisor T1 (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 10, 2015
Minacs South Field is not a good place to work, all the people are caught in their personal drama and nonsense. I would suggest that most people avoid the place as it is dictated by peoples emotions and not working toward being a better company.
Pros
lots of overtime hours
Cons
unfit management and support staff
Good, if you need a quick job to get by.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MIMarch 9, 2015
The job is okay, basic customer service call center. However, if you are into Rap music all day long, that's so loud you can barely hear the customers on the phone, then this is the perfect job for you. If you like team leaders that know nothing about leading, then this is the perfect job for you. The trainer was perfect! He taught everything and he got all the team leaders in place, but when he isn't on the floor, any and everything goes. I can't believe this place has not been reported for workplace ethics violations and employee intimidation. It smelled of drugs in the hallway all the time. It's high school in a night club.

The hardest part of the job is coming up with the right words that tell a customer their credit card was denied due to insufficient funds, without saying those words. They made us come up with words like, 'red flag', 'there was a stop sign when we tried to take the payment" or other mess that makes the customer think you are trying to toy with their heads. The next hard part was the customer survey. The survey at the end of each call asked, "Are you enjoying your Netflix experience?" Press 1 for yes 2 for no. This is how we were rated on OUR performance. The customer is misled into believing that the question is related to Netflix the product, but it's actually related to the representatives customer service.
Pros
free netflix
Cons
stressful working environment, jim crow like
Customer Service Respresentative
Farmington Hills - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 6, 2015
Working in a fast pace call center. handling customers request. working out any payment arrangement needed for the customer to be able to make payments toward account.
If you have small children dont do it
Technical Support Representative Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Managment is very messy
They construct "team outtings" that are not professional at all
No room for advancement
Favoritism shown
Employee and managment relationships
High turn over rate
Fulfilling until the culture of the job changed.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Walk into the call center, sit at my desk where I couldn't have any paper, calendars, pics or anything for that matter, because we were handling customers accounts and the employer didn't want anyone copying customers information. I learned the importance of time management and how to assist a customer, while going above and beyond the call of duty. My co-workers were pleasant individuals who came from all walks of life, attempting to make a living working in a part time call center. Every position was part time, except for the managerial positions, which were never available. The hardest part of the job was not being compensated for the various changes. Even when expectations shifted, more responsibilities were issued with no additional compensation or incentives. Employees who had been there for years were oblivious to raises, holiday celebrations or anything fun, that would require the staff to reward said employees. I enjoyed talking to customers from various parts of the US and making sure there needs were being met.
Pros
6 hr shifts
Cons
benefits, inability to excel in the company
no response
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 23, 2015
I rather not give my opinion regarding this company. I wish to keep all comments to my self regarding minacs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
N/A
Prior Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Minacs did not meet my career goals. This business is very unorganized and dishonest from HR, employees and payroll. I wouldn't recoomend this contract postion for anyone
Productive, competitive , fun place to work and learn.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (CSR1) (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Minacs call center is a vibrant , fun, and competitive place to work. Assisting Netflix customers with a great customer experience as well as the right resolution for troubleshooting and billing matters is a very important part of my job. Music, movies, and competitive games keeps us motivated as a team, and it unlike any call center where you stare at a computer screen all day long. Team work is a big part of us being a great call center. You'll never be left to question if your giving the customer the right answers because everyone is very helpful in your achievement and growth in this company because we all have 2 goals.......RIGHT RESOULUTION , GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. The hardest part of the job can be dealing push back from our customers, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the support you get for helping you deal with difficult situations like that. It can be pretty tough because it can be mentally draining, but working at this call center is the most fun you'll ever have at a job to counter act with it all.
Pros
free coffee, training, upbeat atmosphere
Cons
expensive benefits, job obligations and expectations don't match pay
Minacs
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 17, 2015
The company seems OK thus far but I have only been here under a year. I don't have anything more to add at this time.

The leadership team seems to be easy to work with.
fun work environment
Onstar Subscriber team leader (Current Employee) –  waren, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Keep you head low and your work ethic high, best way to make it here. Its alot of different personalties you interact with so best to keep it professional
Very up beat enviroment and alot of motivation.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Overall the companay is great, there's just no stability. They have a larger turnover. Mangement is nice , and there's nothing really hard about the job, all your doing is answering and saling phones. the co- workers are great and the most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people.