ADM

ADM Employer Reviews

good job just poor mangement
utility operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good job security
Cons: management treats you like dirt
good job good coworkers not to bad of hours it 12 hr swings month of days than a month of nights days on week and days the next. the only down fall in management
Job security
Waste Water Treatment Operator/ Boiler operator (Former Employee), Columbus, NEOctober 23, 2014
When a person learns a position in this industry job security is given. It takes at least a year to learn processes and when learned a person's job is not an issue.
dirty
Reconstruction/Rescue (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Long hours and filthy job. The pay is good though. I did not like ADM in the plant.
Crazy Hours but Good Money
Laborer (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 30, 2014
If you can get used to working 1st 2nd and 3rd shift 7 days in a row each week then this job is for you...
Great Team
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Nevada, MOSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: health care
Worked overnights as a lab tech. Great management. The pay and health care is great.
Great Place to work
ARTCO - Operations Accountant/Office Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinMay 13, 2014
Enjoyable work environment. The company values employees. Benefits are Ok, nothing to write home about. The work is challenging, but not hard.
Deck Hand II
Deck Hand II (Former Employee), Waggaman, laMay 4, 2014
Good Pay, Hard work. No play time. Just working. Great benefits
It was differant
Bag Line Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: all the overtime you wanted
Cons: very hot
It was a good place to work.Enjoyed working with my co-workers
patectic company
Barge maintence (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILApril 23, 2014
you are just a number at this company. management is bad, co-workers are bad, pay is bad, they will fire you over lies because they are a slenderizing company.
productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2014
I enjoyed learning new things about the different systems in the company.
great pay
Welder (Former Employee), Clinton, IowaMarch 5, 2014
Hard working environment but the salary was very nice. Got along with everyone and it made working there enjoyable
Small office, mostly male environment.
Data entry operator/payroll mgr. (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: did not promote women.
Data entry & processing of payroll & payroll related documents, equipment tickets, month end entries & other related data entry. Assist w/telephone calls & taking care of related calls concerning payroll & equipment, accounts receivable.
daily tasks
Material Handler (Current Employee), Quincy, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: job security and insurance
Cons: lack of chance for advancement
Since I have a rotating job I can be at different locations week to week. For instance if I am loading meal I start out the day by opening lids to barge and placing spout in desired hole, then communicating to operator at the tank farm to deliver meal. Management at ADM is pretty fair. Hardest part of my job would have to be the weather because being on the river during bad weather makes the job a lot more dangerous. Friendly work environment makes the job more enjoyable.
CLEANING
Janitor (Former Employee), DECATUR ILLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Cons: liked the job
CLEANING / STOCK /MOVE THINGS IN THERE RIGHT PLACES / MAKE SHORE MY JOB IS DONE RIGHT
Great Benifits, good pay, overtime is avaliable, Easy to work for
Vacuum Truck Driver and Laborer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 23, 2013
Pros: benifits, pay, overtime
benefits are great, and there is overtime available, friendly environment, pay good, company matched 401k,
Horrible
Production (Former Employee), Comanche TxNovember 20, 2013
Cons: bad pay, bad hours, two faced supervisors, unsafe work, dusty, need dust mask even in offices, asbestos warning signs on every wall.
I was trained, and then left by myself with no support. The pay is a lie, they promise benefits, but there are people that have been working there on temp status for 2 years or more. The work climate is non conducive to being friendly or productive.
Lousy place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mendota, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: if you hate your wife you won't have to see her.. that's about it.
Cons: pay, benefits, hours, management.
I'm looking for another job right now. No family life. Disorganized incompetent management. Plans change by the hour. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. No job security. My dispatcher is a great guy but he's just a pawn in this corporate chess game. Safety is important unless it costs them money...... Junk equipment, long hours, low pay, benefits suck. I can't believe they want 5 years of experience. Lol! If you've got 5 years get a better job. I've worked here 5 years now and several places around here pay more than $2+ more per hour starting pay than I make. I'm getting the maximum raises. It's a great stepping stone to build experience. Just don't make a mistake or get DOT'ed in their junk. It will be your fault. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me fresh out of driving school. I felt loyal to them for that but this place defines dead end job. I bring a positive attitude to work every day. Do the best I can and its like a political game. You just can't win. Home every night doesn't mean you'll have time to do anything other than shower and sleep. I keep hearing "things are gonna get better for you guys". Lots of empty promises trying to pacify you.
Consistantly busy - day goes by fast
EHS & Food Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 31, 2013
Maintain the safety and health program.
Supervisors & managers hard working
co-workers cooperative
Difficulty with the demanding work load
The employees were the most enjoyablel part of the job.
Many changes
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), decatur, ILOctober 10, 2013
2012 Corporate Lay offs which lead to a different organizational structure 1st in the history of the company.
After this the company dynamic changed completely, many are fearful each time an announcment is made.
Most coworkers are team players and willing to help.
Management on IT compared to Business run by different set of managerial policies. What might be ok on the business side, isn't acceptable within IT. Most challenging portion of working within IT, depending on the manager and department there could be processes in place that are being followed and documented and there are those that are all over the board. Make sure the department you choose is the right fit for your work ethic. I took the challenge by hand and created those processes and left them for the next BA. Hopefully, they are still being followed today to organize the department and workflow.
production
bottler (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: moved to decatur
Running a production line,labeling ,got along well,drove fork truck ,loaded semi' s.

1 2 3