ADM

ADM United States Employee Reviews

Lousy place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mendota, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: if you hate your wife you won't have to see her.. that's about it.
Cons: pay, benefits, hours, management.
I'm looking for another job right now. No family life. Disorganized incompetent management. Plans change by the hour. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. No job security. My dispatcher is a great guy but he's just a pawn in this corporate chess game. Safety is important unless it costs them money...... Junk equipment, long hours, low pay, benefits suck. I can't believe they want 5 years of experience. Lol! If you've got 5 years get a better job. I've worked here 5 years now and several places around here pay more than $2+ more per hour starting pay than I make. I'm getting the maximum raises. It's a great stepping stone to build experience. Just don't make a mistake or get DOT'ed in their junk. It will be your fault. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me fresh out of driving school. I felt loyal to them for that but this place defines dead end job. I bring a positive attitude to work every day. Do the best I can and its like a political game. You just can't win. Home every night doesn't mean you'll have time to do anything other than shower and sleep. I keep hearing "things are gonna get better for you guys". Lots of empty promises trying to pacify you.
Consistantly busy - day goes by fast
EHS & Food Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 31, 2013
Maintain the safety and health program.
Supervisors & managers hard working
co-workers cooperative
Difficulty with the demanding work load
The employees were the most enjoyablel part of the job.
Many changes
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), decatur, ILOctober 10, 2013
2012 Corporate Lay offs which lead to a different organizational structure 1st in the history of the company.
After this the company dynamic changed completely, many are fearful each time an announcment is made.
Most coworkers are team players and willing to help.
Management on IT compared to Business run by different set of managerial policies. What might be ok on the business side, isn't acceptable within IT. Most challenging portion of working within IT, depending on the manager and department there could be processes in place that are being followed and documented and there are those that are all over the board. Make sure the department you choose is the right fit for your work ethic. I took the challenge by hand and created those processes and left them for the next BA. Hopefully, they are still being followed today to organize the department and workflow.
production
bottler (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: moved to decatur
Running a production line,labeling ,got along well,drove fork truck ,loaded semi' s.
Good salary but lots of stress after layoffs due to absorbing another employees work.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 17, 2013
The job provided for my family for nearly 16 years, for which I am thankful, and will provide a pension in the future.
Fast paced placed to work
Feed loader (Current Employee), Arkansas City, KSAugust 30, 2013
Pros: cheap health coverage
Cons: inconsistant schedule
A typical day at work consisted of loading feed trucks and ensuring that all the machines were working properly. If they were not I had to get them back up and running. I learned how to work as a team member and how to not let others work ethic get to me.

The hardest part of the job was working they schedule. The supervisors changed the schedules on a daily basis. I have children so I would i always had to make arrangements for them to have day care. Although it was tough at times i was always there and very punctual. I really enjoyed working with the team members in my area.
Awesome workplace
A Operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good pay and lots of overtime!
Cons: nothing bad!
I loved my job. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned something new daily.
just ok
Laborer (Former Employee), mendota ilMay 17, 2013
worked hard, train schedule was hard to deal especially with a family.
disfunctional family atmosphere
Data Entry (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 30, 2013
Pros: a few appreciation lunches and good things at holiday time from vendors
Cons: need to be honest about a temp to hire position out of the gate, shouldn't learn a few months into it that it was never going to happen
engineers should not be in management positions without having training or classes on how to relate to your employees - you should not hang your head and walk by your employees without acknowledging them in some way - you should speak to your boss more than once every few weeks or a month
Fun and productive environment
Sales Engineer / IT Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2013
Learned so much from my mentor. He paved the way for my success at the firm.
Excellent company to work for.
Caustic Loader (Former Employee), St.Louis,MOApril 7, 2013
Pros: providing protection not only to the natural environment, but to society as a whole.
Cons: the work hours were changing weekliy. 12 hour shifts that were rotating
An average day at ADM was anything but average. It was always a great day.Stressful because of the dangerous chemical and the natural eliments of the outdoors, but relaxed due to the fact that I was able to work @ my own pace. I learned alot about dangerous chemical handling and the importance of safety with self and other team members. The management was always concerned with any employee,company and equipment issues and quickly resolved them by listening to the employee and complying with company policies by improvising not compromising. I worked with a small team who was always professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was the rotating scheduling but allowed the me experience of different work hours of operation as well as different days off. The one thing I personally enjoyed the most was the responibility that I was given to represent the company with, while doing my daily job functions. The education that the company provided was endless and exciting to be apart of this team effort.
You can do better
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 25, 2013
Pros: cafe
Cons: workload/lack of process in it.
This company is ok to work for but you can do better.
gather requirements for projects by working with the business,
write requirements documents and review with the business/developer for approval. create test plans for the requirments. Test in Dev and Test environments and then locate testers from the business/IT/Support to assist with testing requirments/developers work. Afterwards, run the implementation and test in the Production environment. Document all issues when testing and work with the Developer to correct. If more functionality is needed yet not documented in this set of requirements that requires the business / BA to write up a new set of enhancement requirements to the new functionality.
great place to work stressful alot.
Operator 3rd class (Former Employee), Clinton, IAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: made money
Cons: no breaks
dont care about there wokers typical day very busy. what i learned alot about people.management some were good some thought they were better than you.the people i worked with were great the hardest part of job was when job or machines didnt run right. most enjoyable part of job was going home the same way you came in.
Not the best place
LABELER (Former Employee), Effingham, ILMarch 8, 2013
Working at ADM for 2 years it was a roller coaster of a lot of bs to be honest. Changing things when they didn't need to. Switching out glue cuz it was cheaper but really bad and got the roller stuck all the time. Than you have the split rules. One sit for one person and another set for the other. If you weren't part of their "inside circle" you were expendable and was chosen to have most blame placed on you. If you made one mistake it was an outraged even though they didn't tell you that they changed this and even if they did the person on first shift gave u half the information of the change or it didn't make sense what so ever. For me I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. All i would say is run fast away it is not worth it.
A Quiet work place with music
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: i got to work at my own pace.
Cons: i got paid once a month.
I would get up get my son ready to go to yhe babysitters then drive to my first work sight start dusting, and then vacuming, cleaning the bathrooms, then the windows, after that I would clean the kitchen and leave for the next sight and do the same things there.
Productive and fun workplace.
Summer Job (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: my husband is also employee!
Cons: na
A typical day at work was loaded ( A lot to learn, apply the learnt skills ). A lot more to learn. Supervisor and co-workers helping greatly. Everyone sincere about their jobs. Free coffee and donuts!
productive, well managed workplace
laborer (Former Employee), Reserve, LAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: dust level
A typical day at work also came with many learning experiences and situations. Learning how to work safe and work with other people from different cultures was the biggest challenge of a productive day, in my opinion this was also enjoyable day in and day out. Building a relationship in the workforce is key to a good day and a long career. Safety was managed well at ADM, all workers knew what there roll was in each location and the safety and rules that applies for that spot.
Excellent place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Very supportive environment, I worked in the credit department and approved new customers for a credit line as well as calling customers that were past due.
Awesome place to work at.
Laborer (Former Employee), Niantic, ILDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches, frequent breaks so long as things were slow.
Cons: outside, hazardous, dehydrate easily in the sunlight, dangerous mold and mildew, cramped spaces for long hours, heights well over 100 feet for long periods of time.
Typical day at work consisted of cleaning out pits and painting over steel to prevent rust on conveyors and cat-walks. Cleaning off the dryers to ensure corn didn't catch on fire. Unloading and Loading Grain into trucks and Grain bins. Sweeping off dust and corn particles from causing blow out and catching on fire. Safety harnesses worn when climbing over 4 feet and hard-hats worn in enclosed spaces. Standard OSHA procedures followed.
Not the best place to work
Labeler (Former Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 20, 2012
Pros: 40 hours
Cons: everything else
Everyone has their own set of rules. If your not part of the clique or group they don't really care much about you. The communication is lacking. they don't always tell you the changes until you made a mistake. They tend to lie to you.