ADMIN FOR CHILDREN'S SVCS Employee Reviews

A stressful but rewarding place to work
Child Protective Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Working at ACS thought me a lot about myself. It thought me how much of a dedicated worker i am. This is due to the fact that i put this job above the needs of myself and family. This is due to trying to meet deadlines and also that I am working with families and my decision can either make the family or break the family. The most enjoyable part of working at ACS is to see the smiles on the families that you have helped.
Does not actually review hired personel
CPS Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
The organization is stymied by a failure to evaluate recruits, and thereby puts its serviced population at continued risk. Assistant Commissioner and above do not effectively assess and or evaluate. Not an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under proper supervision, the work environment can be great
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
I have worked for ACS in the past for five years and had a great experience as a CPS worker. I returned to ACS recently and under a Supervisor with minimal child welfare experience, was not much of a great experience.
Pros
city benefits
Cons
some inexperienced superiors
Making a difference, not here
Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
The culture at Early Care and Education is unprofessional, lazy, and bitter people. Workers could care less about doing a good job. Management holds the staff that actually work accountable. The place is a mess.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Lazy, unrewarding environment.
Confusing environment
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  NycMarch 13, 2017
There must be 2 extremes with jobs here. Full blown nonsense and full blown crazy extremes.

How one area has all the resources and another doesn't. It seems like management does what it wants whenever it wants.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Filthy building
look elsewhere
Child Protective Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
Extremely high turnover rate. There is no support from management. The agency is in the news daily and is doing nothing to support their frontline staff. You must be willing work very extensive hours, under very stressful circumstances and in a depressing work enviornment.
Overworked
Child Protective Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2017
Great benefit , not tied to the office. The management team does assist if theirs a conflict , client can be confrontational , the work invorentment at time is very dangerous as you sometimes does not know anything of the family background that you're encounter.
No easy feat but very rewarding
Child Protective Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2016
I love working for ACS. It's different and fast paced. However, it is very demanding time wise. I have learned many new tools to not only apply at work but in my own life. I consider this job to be very hard but it can be done!
Pros
Families strengthened, benefits, resources, your unit is your family
Cons
Time consuming, priorities always change
Not what u think it is.
Juvenile counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2016
I worked in a detention center for DJJ. Child services took over. The youth run the facilities. Staff are overworked. u will not have a personal life
Pros
Ovetime. Benefits.
Cons
Weak union. Unhealthy environment. Management and favoritism.
Great!
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
Love working here! Great benefits and awesome co-workers. Fantastic work environment. Management cares about staff and is always willing to mentor whenever needed.
Difficult but rewarding
Asistent Services (Current Employee) –  PRAugust 25, 2015
co-workers where great
managing childrens and families was very rewarding
the administrations left no room for progress
grinding work with excess of overtime
Pros
helping families reach stability
Cons
lots of sacrifice no room for your own family
Is an excelent place to start working because they are helping kids to have a better future.
JD, MRI, CASAC-T Former Diplomatic (Former Employee) –  Any part in NYCMay 7, 2013
My normal day of work is one that you come early to the office and start the day with a positive actitude specially put in order the agenda of this day. I normally going to review all the cases I left last day to start with the last one my rutine of work Also I get in contact with my boss in order to receive any information that we need to discuss. To be working for any office we need to develop a team work sistem in order to keep our job in well coordinated. The most hard part of the job is when we need to work over time because we never should bring work home but the good part of this is the pay check.
Pros
in some job we have free lunh and some special invitation for all the employee.
Cons
But we never should be late for any reason except an emergency