Admiral Beverage Corporation

Admiral Beverage Corporation Employee Reviews

Manual labor with minimal help.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoJanuary 24, 2015
There are days that you will be working 14 hour days with 60 to 70 hour weeks for just above minimum wage. In order to advance in the company you have to pretty much be the teachers pet so to speak or get lost in the shadows of the company. wether or not you do your job to the full potential if you're not sucking up to someone you will not advance within the company. you will spend 10 to 12 hour days working by yourself doing work that should require 3-4 people to stay on schedule. time management is stressed very hard throughout the company. they want you to get the job done fast with no mistakes. overall i do not recommend working there to anyone who wants to advance and make admiral beverage a career. i do however recommend admiral beverage to anyone who wants a part time job on the weekends while going to school.
A wonderful company to work for.
Route/Sales Driver (Former Employee), Gillette, WYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay was good. as well as very nice people around you and supporting you.
Cons: long hours during work week.
I would do early morning paperwork then I would program the handheld computer to what my load was on my truck. I would go and perform a pre- trip inspection on my truck and make sure I had all necessary equipment needed to perform my duties. I then would proceed to my first delivery. I would finish all my delivery's for the day being sure that everything was accurate and the job was completed properly and professionally. I then would go back to warehouse to clean out my truck and do a post trip inspection. Lastly, I would do my closing paperwork to make sure that everything was in proper order and there was no variances in the cases sold and moneys collected. Management was very supportive and co-workers were very nice. I met a lot of people that have become good friends along the way.
great company for the hard self sufficient worker
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 28, 2014
Pros: recognized for hard work, great benefits
Cons: short breaks, long days
I enjoyed my time at abc. i started out with no experience and learned and thrived fairly quickly. i met a lot of good people both from my company and other stores. It was a very fast paced job. You could be self sufficient as long as you were working and taking care of business. If you had no issues, you could basically work on your own almost as your own boss. You still had to check in every morning and make sure you knew the plans for the day, but after that you just carry out the duties as explained.
A typical day at work would compose of me getting to my first stop and calling my supervisor to let him know that i was there. If there was a load of new product coming in at that account, i would make a quick call to the sales man responsible for that account to see if there were any changes or special instruction i might need. After that i would create a list of product that i would need to fill my coolers, ice boxes, dry shelves, displays and side stacks. After that step was done i would finish up with the load making sure all product was full and faced if not already. I'd also make sure my displays and back stocks were rotated, organized, and kept clean. We had p.o.s. that i could utilize like core buff, stickers, posters, price tags, and many different various marketing tactics to utilize around different products. We dealt specifically with beer, energy drink, and a few other non alcoholic beverages. When the load was complete and i was ready to take off, i'd usually get a liquor manage or an available manager. Do a quick walk through make sure everything is to there liking. – more...
Typically had 4-6 stops a day with 1-2 loads a day. Lets say i had one load and finished it as stated before. I'd continue to my other stops making a list of all product i needed pulling it from the back stock making sure everything again was fully stocked, faced, clean, and organized. Have a small conversation with some store managers let them know i was there and the duties i performed and keep a small friendly relationship with them.
I'd say the most difficult part of the job would be that admiral would hire people with out really helping them out. So when you thought your day was over, it wasn't because you would have to go help them finish up. Which wasn't a huge burden i wouldn't mind. Except it would be a mess and not very organized sometimes you would have to almost re-do an account just so you know your name wasn't associated with a job not well done. Can't really say it was to difficult though. The enjoyable part of the job was that they did show gratitude when you did work hard. Wether it be a trip out of town, a gaming system, some tickets to a show, or maybe a vip member at some sort of event.
In the three years that i worked at abc i learned a lot about merchandising, delivering, re-setting, and selling product into stores. I started off working with hardly any knowledge to thriving and becoming one of the top or got to employees. People would even be sent to me for the day so they could learn and understand how to perform the duties. – less
very cut and dry
warehouse night crew, order assembly (Former Employee), Springville, UtahJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: smoke breaks, free coffee when provided
Cons: gripping culture&management, high stress
I had a horrible experience working there, stress, stress and more stress, I got yelled at and verbally harassed continually through every shift.
Friendly atmosphere, results-driven company
Sales Account Manager in Training (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2013
Pros: friendly, considerate co-workers
Cons: 65+ hour workweek
Begin work at 6am, travel to a number of different accounts (convenience stores, supermarkets, retailers) ordering refills of beverages to ensure an adequate stock, while still aiming to maintain a low level of inventory.
I got hands on experience dealing with the elasticity of supply and demand, as well as techniques for developing and maintaining relationships with managers. I also gained an understanding of specific sales techniques applicable across different industries.
Management was very helpful, understanding, and reasonable.
Co-workers were very similar, in the sense that they mirrored the attitude of their bosses.
The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the long work week. My second week on the job I put in a 70 hour week, with an average of about 65 over the course of my employment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the consistent amount of interaction with other people throughout the day.
Great Place to work. Great benefits
Route Driver (Current Employee), Logan, UTAugust 3, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits package.
Cons: can be long hours during summer months.
Earned Class A CDL
Learned to work independently without direct supervision.
Learned how to be Very customer oriented.
Managers are great and willing to help you out in any way needed.
Hours can be difficult at times.
Great people to work with.

Admiral Beverage Corporation Salaries