Licensed Vocational Nurse, Lakewood, CA - April 21, 2012
• Administer medication and treatments
• Assist patient with returning to independent activities of living.
• Personalized patient teachings such as: Diabetes management including self-care, use of oxygen and respiratory equipment, bladder and bowel training, management of medication, disease process, special diet and nutritional teachings, and Infection control to prevent infection on wounds.
• Cleanse varies types of wounds from Diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers or bedsores, venous stasis ulcers, vascular ulcers, traumatic wounds, arterial wounds, amputations, and surgical wounds.
• Performed the following treatments: Negative pressure Wound therapy (VAC), wound irrigations, compression dressings, wet to dry dressings, wound packing, foams and hydrogels.
• Online documentation of patient after every visit.