Admitting Employee Reviews in United States

reviewed
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 14, 2016
worked there over 20 years and the home office I worked for closed. When the new owners took over things changed and has all gone down hill. many unhappy employeees
Pros
insurance
Cons
coorperate
Fun Work Place
Auditor/Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 5, 2015
I can't say too much about this employer other than the fact that I loved the team players that I worked with and the boss was very nice and fair to all employees
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Long Breaks
Great!
Discharge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 14, 2015
Good work environment, great place to grow into higher positions. Worked for Regional for 17 years and saw an ever changing work environment
Nice Facility
Admitting Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Nice Facility with nice colleges. would recommend this facility for any future. Only issue was with unstable senior management.
Very busy place to work!
Registration/Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MISeptember 4, 2014
Work environment was constantly changing, so you had to be able adapt to changes in your time management at a moment's notice. Met with a lot of people from different economic and social backgrounds. Had to stay calm, cool and collected no matter what was going on around you. Management worked right along side all staff members, which was awesome. The hardest part of the day was the worst case scenario in an Emergency Room. Most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that you helped other people in their time of distress.
Pros
the way the work changed at a moment's notice
Cons
sometimes not able to get a break in, depending on the emergency status.
great work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2014
Fun loving place to work with doctors and co-workers who cared about their jobs.
very intense and demanding
County Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  French Camp CaliforniaApril 30, 2014
I love the environment. I love working with the patients. I have compassion and empathy for those in need of health care. A typical day at work consist of patients coming in from car accidents, strokes, sore throats, TB and many more cases. I love people so getting in depth with some of the patient's and their families is very rewarding. Everyone has a story. Patients who pass is hard because while there are many reasons for this, it's the family that I deal with after.
Pros
meeting new people and helping patients
Cons
death in the er, four different shifts and always changing during the month
Not enough hours
Admitting/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 3, 2013
It was very exciting working in the L&D department. Never knew what was going to come through the doors and definately had some excitement to it. It was great to be able to see the new babies. I learned to stay calm in emergent situations and how to keep patients calm when coming in in labor. The management was good and easy to talk to. My co-workers were nice. I didn't get to know anyone too well due to the fact that I worked alone most of the time. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I had all the correct information was inputted for 2 hopsitals and that I worked fast in order to get pregnant patients in labor back as quickly as possible. I enjoyed the hospital setting and speaking with the patients. Seeing the newborn babies and having moms thank me for helping them to stay calm while admitting them.
Pros
pretty quiet work place, fast paced, worked independently
Cons
time clocks not close enough and had to walk far to get to one, walking a mile to get from my car to the hospital, worked prn/not enough hrs
I enjoyed this job
biller/collector (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 9, 2013
I net lots of interesting people and felt good when i could easy their fears of tests or admit into the hospital
Good job
Admitting (Former Employee) –  Marlette, MIApril 21, 2013
Did admitting for the hospital and extended care part. Answer the phone.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hour always changed

Want to know more about Admitting?

Ask a question
This was a position working for a small hospital.
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day for me was 7am to 7pm, 3 days a week.

I learned to us a telemetry monitor and how to complete patient diet sheets along with other aspects of being a Unit Secretary.

The co-workers were the best and I enjoyed gleaning knowledge from them.

To me the hardest part of the job was when we would get an influx of patients at one time.

The most enjoyable was interaction with the patients as well as the nurses.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
hospital did not stay open long.
Very enjoyable place to work at
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 10, 2012
I registered patients all day long. I enjoyed working here. They had great medical benefits. The supervisor was a very good, fair person to work for. After 3 years, I had to leave because I had a newborn and was unable to find a babysitter at 5:30am. I have nothing negative to say about this place.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
may have to work weekends
Energetic and Productive
Lead Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2012
I have been working in registration for more than 10 years. In this time I have gained so much experience with admitting and er registration. I really enjoy helping and being apart of educating many patients that come to the hospital. The hardest part of my job is when I don't have all answers to questions that some patient may have concerning there insurance or healthcare. The most enjoyable part is when the patient is sick and I can still make them smile for a moment.
Pros
health care and friendly fellow wmployees
Cons
none at this moment
Team-player
Registration Associate-Children's Hospital (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CaliforniaJune 12, 2012
My day is filled with registering and admitting patients in the ER department. It is a face paced environment which makes the day go by. My co workers and I work well together and are constantly in communication. The hardest part is seeing sick children and watching their parents cry.
Pros
delicious cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
Great place!
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 10, 2012
I don't have any complaints, working at wilmington otolaryngology was the best job i've had, my co-workers were amazing and helped me learn a lot. My bosses were all amazing and gave time off when needed.
Admitting Clerk for the Emergency Room at the Campbell Community Hospital
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 3, 2012
My position was an admitting clerk in the Emergency Room. Very stressful at times but absolutely loved being there to help people when they were so frightined and scared. I loved being a team player. It was so rewarding and awesome to see the Doctors and Nurses work together to save a life. I would work longer hours if they needed me there and be on call whenever they got so busy and needed extra help through the night. Loved working with the Doctors, Nurses, Ambulance Drivers, Police, Central Supply, Radiology Dept., Lab.
Pros
wonderful place to work.