Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos & Los Gatos

Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos & Los Gatos Employee Reviews

Supportive, positive culture
Associate Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJuly 31, 2017
Out of everywhere I've worked so far, Adobe by far stands out as the place I've been happiest at.

The culture at the hospital is amazingly respectful and supportive; doctors discuss cases with each other and work to keep any one person from being overwhelmed. The staff are extremely technically skilled and competent, and the hospital works to keep them - they have a huge focus on continuing education and training (not just for the staff, but for us veterinarians as well). The hospital is owned and managed by people who actually work here and are affected by hospital policies - they really go out of their way to provide good working conditions and a healthy quality of life.

One particularly nice thing is that the 'daytime' doctors are trained & expected to cover a few shifts of overnight time in the ER every year, in order to make sure the night doctors can actually have time off and don't end up horribly overworked. (Plus the ICU has a critical care specialist on-staff who's been amazing about giving advice and helping out on tough cases!) And when you're off, you're actually off - other doctors will take over inpatients for you and oversee their care when you're not in the hospital, so no midnight calls.

Overall, definitely recommend this as a place to work - it's a great group of people to work with, and they have their heads and hearts in the right place.
Bleesed to work here
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  PharmacyJuly 31, 2017
It is hard to put into words how happy I am at Adobe. I feel very blessed to work here everyday. I am happy with Management, HR, the managers, the leads and all the employee's here. It feels great to work around people who truly care about, not only animals, but each other. I will never take this company for granted. I happy to clock in and give it my best. Everyone is happy everyday. Management is supportive and positive. They are not their to make a quick buck and they are not cheap. They pay employees well and will do anything in their hands to keep everyone happy. Stress levels come's from work and NEVER from your superiors. Everyone is happy to lend a helping hand no matter the job. The even treat maintenance staff great and value them as much as everyone else. I feel like I step into a whole different world when I walk into work. I have worked at poorly managed jobs before and can't express how great it feels to have found Adobe. I always recommend people work here. There are plenty of opportunities to grow in your career. They hire wonderful people with little to no experience and get them fully trained to work in any department. Give Adobe a try, I promise you will not regret it!
Pros
Free lunch on the weekends, great benefits, work-life balance, career growth, paid CE's, uniform allowance, schedule flexibility
Cons
Short staffed but working on it.
Long time ago.
Information Technology Manager / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMay 1, 2017
It has been so long since I worked here, I don't have any comments to share at this time. The people were great otherwise. Small company/family feel. It was memorable.
Never a Boring Day at Adobe
ICU Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 22, 2017
I am currently a full time ICU technician who works swing shifts. I love Adobe and have no intentions on leaving any time soon! I have been here for 3 years and the first year and a half I was an intern (graduated from Foothill VT program). The internship program here is really unlike any in the area. Interns get to rotate throughout the different departments and really get a feel for the different areas an RVT can work in. Also, because Adobe has been doing internships for so long they have a really well set up system for the interns with skills lists and worksheets made just for the interns specific to the department they are rotating in.

As an ICU technician I really get to use the skills I learned in school and apply my knowledge every day. The doctors truly rely on the techs to be their eyes and hands in the ICU. They often ask us "do you think there is anything I'm missing for this patient? or In your opinion does he/she seem more painful/nauseated/dysphoric etc?"

Adobe has set me up to be a great technician from finishing their internship program to becoming a licensed technician and now I am looking forward to getting my VTS in ECC in the next couple years and I know that I will have all the opportunities and support from management to do so.
Pros
endless opportunities, free food on weekends, swing/weekend/night differentials
Cons
fast work pace and heavy case loads
From Client to Employee
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 22, 2017
I was a client with Adobe for about 10 years prior to being employed with them. The level of care I received for my pets over those years & my passion for animals is what drove me to pursue a job here. The amount of support shown by management for the entire staff, the teamwork displayed by each department, & the overall shared passion for animals truly makes Adobe an outstanding place to work.
Pros
staff is super close, free lunch on weekends, paid sick & time off, hardworking team, weekend pay differential, option for 4/10 hour shifts
Excellent medicine, great place to work
DVM at Adobe Animal Hospital (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 12, 2017
Adobe is a fantastic hospital with a team oriented environment. The technical staff is incredible and the doctors are always willing to collaborate on cases. I love my job because of the amazing people that I work with. Not only are the RVTs (and some VTS's!) immensely smart but their patient care is superb. The doctors work together to solve tough cases and we genuinely care about each other's happiness in the workplace. Adobe encourages advanced education, with each doctor serving a special niche within the practice. Adobe strives to provide the best medical care possible while also keeping the client educated about their pet. The entire staff at Adobe is very supportive and I look forward to working many many more years at this hospital.
Pros
Supportive environment, skilled staff, high case load, well equipped new hospital
Cons
Very busy/high case load, weekend shifts
Great place to practice medicine and learn
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Los AltosMarch 11, 2017
Adobe has a very collegiate atmosphere among the doctors and technical staff that is rare to find in private practice. There is no competition for cases and no pressure to meet financial benchmarks because doctors and staff members are not paid on commission. Adobe culture and vision is to focus on the client and the patient needs, to offer the highest quality medicine. There is a team approach to medicine and surgery and with such a large variety of interests and experience within the group we are able to provide the best medicine.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, high case load, supportive learning environment, highly skilled technical staff
Cons
Busy and hectic at times
Excellent environment to grow as a doctor or tech
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 10, 2017
Adobe is an excellent hospital that provides the highest level of patient and client care. We are blessed with a clientele committed to providing the best care for their pets, which makes practice very rewarding and allows you to follow through on cases, hospitalize in ICU, pursue surgery, endoscopy, ultrasound, etc in house.
There are a lot of veterinarians here, which means there are multiple doctors to consult on a case with. All the toys you could ask for - ventilator, full ICU, 3 surgical suites including orthopedic-only suite, dentistry department, pharmacy department.
Great continuing education support, especially if you have a special interest that you want to pursue.
The technicians are amazing - incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, and great at patient care.
Definitely fast paced with a lot of variety. Mix of general practice and emergency. Several boarded veterinarians, and specialty boarded technicians.
The other doctors are really fun and supportive and definitely my favorite part of the job. Great team environment.
Pros
coworkers, clients, facilities, location, free lunch on weekends
Cons
Very fast paced, high stress
Cutting edge medicine, amazing coworkers!
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 10, 2017
The focus at this hospital is on quality care and constant learning. The equipment is comparable to any specialty hospital, and the technicians are extremely competent and knowledgeable.

My favorite thing about Adobe is the level of cooperation and teamwork. There are enough vets at this practice that there is always someone available and willing to consult on a case, help with an ultrasound, or scrub in to surgery to assist.
Pros
Focus is on evidence based medicine, not on production
At Adobe, we have a fun, collegial atmosphere and provide great medical care and excellent client service
Head of the Veterinary Team (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMarch 10, 2017
Adobe has a phenomenal group of doctors and work place culture. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and in so doing, excellent client service. Plus, we love working together!
I feel incredibly lucky to have the support of the doctors, techs, assistants, and the rest of the staff that I do at Adobe. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Pros
the people
Love Working Here
ICU Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Before joining the team at Adobe Animal Hospital I had already been in veterinary medicine for 14 years. Since coming to Adobe I feel I have been able to grow as a technician so much. I have been able to achieve career goals that I had not been able to achieve elsewhere. The job culture is awesome, feels like a family. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. I look forward to working many more years at Adobe.
I feel so lucky to work here
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CANovember 18, 2016
I have worked in several types of environments, but this one is by far the BEST I have ever had! The love, respect and care for the residents. I have observed some amazing people loving what they do and who they work for! The people and culture are fantastic.Good benefits. Adobe in one word, FAMILY!
Pros
BBQ on weekends!
Great place to work, great atmosphere, encouraging co workers
Remote Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CANovember 17, 2016
Working at Adobe has been on of the most amazing jobs I have ever had.
Everyone pushes each other to be better for our clients and pets regardless of what department you work in. We have a great leadership team that allows employees to grow to the best they can be!
Being in the veterinary field is very emotional at times and Adobe makes sure you have all the resources you need to help deal with that.
If you are looking to expand your career in veterinary medicine Adobe is the place to be! We have all the latest and greatest equipment to treat some really great cases.
Also Adobe is really into getting in the community and educating, which is really beneficial to pets well being!
Pros
Lunches or breakfast on Weekends, excellent clients/pets, great leadership, lots of opportunities for growth
productive work place
Pharmacy Technician- Extern (Former Employee) –  los altosMarch 5, 2015
Everyone was helpful and also pleasant. They all taught me what i needed to know. It wasn't only telling what i needed to know it was also hands on. hands on is the way i learn best.
Excellent environment to work and learn
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CASeptember 12, 2013
Veterinarians and technicians are eager to explain any questions, and I usually have many, so I appreciate being able to work and learn at the same time. A typical day of work is ten hours that consists of non-stop standing, walking, and cleaning, which I enjoy because I like to stay busy. The hospital employs over 20 veterinarians and provides 24 hour emergency service, so there is hardly any down time. Sometimes this gets tiring, but there is always something to do which is one of my favorite parts of working here. I am able to observe surgeries when time permits, which is another plus. I learned to speak confidently with others, and to be assertive when necessary. I am proud to have finally acquired these skills, as I have always been shy and quiet. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate and share mutual respect with the other employees. The hardest part of the job is that it gets very busy and requires hours of fast-paced work while making sure to work efficiently in order to keep the clients happy, and allow the doctors to go into their appointments on time. There is a love-hate relationship with this part of the job because at the end of a busy day, also comes a feeling of great accomplishment!
Pros
respectful co-workers, lunch provided on weekends, doctors willing to teach
Excellent hospital.
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMay 29, 2013
Adobe is a busy 25 doctor hospital that is open 24 hours/7 days per week. I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from the advances techniques used both by our emergency team and ICU team.
I am the urgent care/emergency technician for the weekends and I love the work!
Was a pleasent place to work
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CANovember 29, 2012
Typical day would consist of processing and filling prescriptions, as well as compounding meds. At least half the meds that were going out were all compounds, so dosage calculations are key. Management was also very nice, as well as my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was seeing animals that had to be put down. Other then that, the job was very enjoyable.
Variety of expertise in this field
Associate Supervisor/Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAMay 24, 2012
Owners enjoy teaching new staff members and know how to run a business. Clinic runs as an Emergency Clinic after hours. High volume of clients with multiple pets of show quality. Staff puts in and goes beyond their call of duty.
Pros
good benefits, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos & Los Gatos. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8