Adrian College

Adrian College Employer Reviews

Great place
Multicultural Admissions Rep (Former Employee), Adrian, MIOctober 20, 2014
Fast paced. Lots of hours. Nice staff. Nice students. Great overall atmosphere. Beautiful campus.
Lots of respect from everyone
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: office experience
Cons: never know what your going to get into
long 12 hour shifts

learned the background of protecting others

management changed three times

co-workers were experienced and shared a lot

emergencies were the hardest part to deal with

being the college students designated driver on Thursday late nights was the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive workplace
Adrian, MI-JV Head Coach (Former Employee), Adrian, MIJuly 14, 2014
Very productive workplace that provided me with a well rounded collegiate coaching experience.
Provides a variety of jobs for student workers
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMay 20, 2014
Adrian College provides students with a variety of student jobs that they can schedule around their academic courses that allows them to make money while still attending school.
Bad environment for work ethic
Painter (Former Employee), Adrian MIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good supervisors, and a good chance to learn skills
Cons: bad upper management, work ethic, administrators, and other bureaucratic nonsense
I worked for Adrian College over the course of three summers as a painter for their Plant Dept. The job itself was simple enough, and required no previous experience. My boss at the time Mark Lennard was a compassionate and helpful guy teaching me worthwhile skills in basic superficial repairs, painting techniques, and the like. While under him I was – more... allowed to lead teams in subsequent years, helping them to learn and coordinate activities.
If that were the end of the story AC Plant Dept. would receive 5/5 stars, but that wasn't it. We had to deal with the supervisors who were unwilling to fire employees who failed to do their job, and eventually ended up working with those who have no work ethic, or motivation. The administrators didn't give proper notice, finance, or requirements for tasks contributing to uneven pacing in work with a lack of supplies and direction resulting in jobs having to be redone.
Oh, and the pay sucks, but there was free housing, and occasional meals. So I consider the compensation a wash. – less
exciting and fast-paced enviroment
Head Grill Cook/Lead (Former Employee), Adrian, MIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: ability to meet pro football players and cheerleaders
Cons: seasonal
Very busy/ Cooking/Cleaning/ and being a lead I learn a lot and my co-workers were great and there was no hard part to my job. And the most enjoyable part of the job was just making the customer happy It was a fun work place.
Fun workplace and great introduction into theatre culture
Crew Member (Former Employee), Adrian, MIJune 6, 2013
Pros: i was responsible to managing my hours
Cons: only open for 4 hours on business days; so difficult to make all my hours
Every day was different because it was a theatre, I was always working on preparing for upcoming shows. My roles ranged from sweeping, dusting and mopping to painting, nailing, lifting.

Many of my co-workers and were involved in theatre either as an extra-curricular or major so they taught me a lot about the culture and terminology the theatre uses.
Learning Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMay 9, 2013
Wonderful work environment. Learned a lot while working here.
Work Study Job
Work Study - Office Assistant for Coach (Former Employee), Adrian, MIApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no raise, limit on hours allowed
I only worked at Adrian College while I was a student at the school. It was alright. We had a limit on how many hours we could work, which wasn't always ideal. Even though I worked in the same job all four years I was at school, I never got a raise.
Great working environment
Lab Preparation (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMarch 26, 2013
I enjoyed working at Adrian College and gained a lot of experience during the time i was employed there.
surrounded with good people
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Adrian, MISeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great facilities
worked in the athletics department. many great opportunities for an administration that wants to be champions
College Learning Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Adrian, MISeptember 12, 2012
Being a Resident Assistant taught me an extreme amount of responsibility. I spent a great amount of time organizing and planning events for the students. It was a great experience with a great team.
Productive and Fun place to work with friends.
Paint Crew (Former Employee), Adrian, MiMarch 13, 2012
Pros: great pay, fun environment, productive
Cons: harsh working conditions
Working as a painter of Adrian College during the Summer required working 8 hours a day in hot rooms with no circulation and on most occasions no air conditioning, painting the room. They were forgiving in what we put in for hours considering the conditions we had to undergo. We painted at our own pace and were generally put with people we can work – more... together with. – less

About Adrian College

The Adrian College Music Department offers comprehensive degree programs fully certified by the state of Michigan and aligned – Read more