ads security Employee Reviews

productive
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2017
Its is a great place to work at. Great environment and very flexible with my schedule when i was attending school. Management is very understanding, and are great at accommodating with my needs.
Great Place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
Work environment is always positive and you feel like a team. Management keeps employees updated on a regular basis on company issues and business, They care about their employees
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
None I can think of
Very fun productive work place with a competitive nature
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2017
sold security systems, camera systems, and access control systems to some residential home owners. However, I mostly sold to business as well as managed current accounts.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
low salary
poor training
Life Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 10, 2017
The pay structure was complicated and the so-called guarantee for the first year had stipulations that were not explained properly; poor training; lack of direction from management
negative calls
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
all calls from the call center are negative in nature after a while it can effect you. fast paced call center with management wanting to add more responsibility like taking payments on top of handling alarms.
Friendly workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 31, 2017
Management and staff was wonderful to work with. Great attitudes and was willing to teach me as much as I was willing to learn. Management and technicians seem to go above and beyond to make sure customers are satisfied with their service.
Cons
part time
decent place to work
service tech/installer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2017
Laid back work environment but the managers play favorites and if you don't make the list you're screwed.

Pay is decent

Not enough time off

Little to no training

No room to advance whatsoever
The bottom line
Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 18, 2016
This is the absolute best company to work for hands down. To see reviews where someone complains about people complaining is laughable so don't be swayed from a choice that could land you in a career path for success. I literally started from scratch here, a complete green horn if you will, and the experienced techs have been nothing but helpful. Are there some bad apples in the bushel? Absolutely there are, just like at every place you will work. But this review isn't about the individuals, it's about ADS as a company. Nowhere that I have ever worked have I had a CEO of the company email me to say great job, and that he appreciates my hard work and dedication. Nowhere that I have worked have I had management talk to us, the grunts, and explain the whole picture so we can all do our part and discuss how we can make each others jobs easier. It has been laid out from the beginning and reiterated twice in my year and a half the progression of skill through courses as a tech will earn you raises. Do you have to pay to get certified as a level I or II service tech? Yes, but if it's your certification you carry with you wherever you go, so you should pay for it. So you get what you put in plain and simple. There are plenty of free courses and even certifications that are offered by each of the companies whose products we use. ADS will even get these companies to conduct webinars to help you become more productive. It's a team effort to be successful in this industry just like any other company, and ADS gets that and they take it a step further by making you feel like family. So in  more... closing, everywhere you work there are pros and cons, good people and some you'd rather not see on a day to day basis. So why not work for a company that wants to provide a career for you in hopes that you stay indefinitely adding to the team/family in a productive manner? Don't hesitate if there's an opening, if your willing to work and be part of something great take the chance with ADS.  less
Pros
iPad, iPhone, fuel card, work truck you take home and unlimited resources to help you out
Life changing experience
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 24, 2016
Great company to work for. Very difficult to work for a company that is new to the area without advertising. This market is a highly competitive market.
Compensation Benefits
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 25, 2016
Not a fan of working on commission only. Having to pay for medical bills each paycheck and then having to pay the entire visit up to a certain amount a year (in the thousands) is not ideal.
Pros
I get to make my own schedule
Benefits
Na
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 4, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. Senior level members of management are amazing people and treat their employees very well.
Used to be a great place to work
Installation (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2016
used to be owned partialy by one man who ran the place. since he left has become more and more corporate. Brought in new manager from p/one in Ohio. Has changed the whole atmosphere. Now if you are in sales life is great but if you want anything else stay away.
Pros
it used to be like a family
Cons
new management.
Amazing Company
Sales trainer/ Former Tech (Current Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GAMarch 12, 2016
I have worked for ADS for 7 years and have been promoted several times through hard work and dedication. ADS gives you every tool you need to be successful. I have never been lied to or misled in anyway, my managers have guided me to be the best employee i could be. Managment looks to promote from within whenever possible. i have worked for larger comapnies that lose focus on there employess and ADS is not one of them. Admin,sales and techs all work in a unified front to give the best customer service possible! You want a career this is the company you want to work for!
Pros
Iphone, Ipad, gas card and Work truck you get to bring home
Beware
Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 19, 2016
Huge disconnect between the corporate office and branches. The CEO is probably the most down to earth person I've ever met. The management lies about promotions and pay. The technicians are knowledgeable, but whine and cry about every job they are given. They will complain in front of customers and will cry their way out of jobs. Promises are not kept, and you absolutely cannot support a family on the abysmal pay. The health insurance is an absolute joke if you have a family. If you are not a dual income household you simply won't be able to afford it. Jobs are unorganized, and a few members of the sales team don't bother to look over jobs. All the company seems to care about is the sales team, at least from the branch perspective. Raises are flat out pitiful. You're expected to absorb and know a ton of information, and are never fairly compensated for it. The technicians are welcoming, but have know it all attitudes, and give you the "low man on the totem pole" talk. Even if you come from a similar background. The managers will lie about pay and raises to get you in the door, but after you talk to employees you will find out that it will be years before you make a decent wage.
Technicians will complain, stretch jobs out and disappear. Some members of the sales team will over sell jobs, and will literally sell to anyone just to make money.
The corporate office is a thousand times better than the branches. The CEO is very approachable, and you get the feeling that the he appreciates everything you do for the company. The branches, not so much.
Bonuses are dictated by sales.
  more... Nothing the technicians do affect the bonus. The company recently implemented driving into bonuses. How exactly do sudden stops and fast accelerations dictate the performance of your job?
Office admins are awesome. Technicians almost always have terrible attitudes, and it absolutely affects their work performance. They will literally complain about every little thing and some will refuse to do work. Like climbing a ladder or working an hour past closing time.
You can bust your butt, but it won't reflect your pay. The company sends out raise letters talking about record profits, but can't seem to give you even a dollar raise.
Pros
Work truck, work phone. Probably the best CEO I've ever worked for
Cons
Abysmal raises, terrible attitudes, unorganized.
Productive Place of work
Head of Security (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminal 3July 16, 2015
Making sure that Heathrow's customers are happy within Heathrow airport. Guide any customers who wanted help and make sure anything suspicious was reported. worked within a small team and made sure that my task was done with the best of my ability. The most enjoyable art go the job was learning more about airport operations. Toughest part of the job was some of the tasks that were given to us, it was always about making the right decision.
Education in Security
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 19, 2015
I learned allot about the security industry. Home automation was one of ADS great products. I enjoyed helping home owners and business owners solve there security issues.
Beware
sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 6, 2014
Non supportive team in Melbourne. ADS can, but will not compete with residential sales with the major companies in the industry. They make you jump through hoops to learn and encourage you to upsell. Not all they are cracked up to be. High turnover with new res sales people in Melbourne. Bad leadership & they will place the blame on you, not the management.
Pros
Cell phone, gas $
Cons
Sales process is more complicated than it needs to be
Professional atmosphere and great place to work
Sales Trainer Director/GM (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 11, 2014
If you're looking for a great company dont let an opportunity pass. Exellent company with great work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
Na
A company that truly cares!
Sales (Current Employee) –  ALMarch 19, 2014
ADS Security is one of the last remaining caring companies. The company leadership is beyond amazing and they work hard to make it a fun and friendly environment for everyone. The compensation is very good for a good sales person. There are always multiple contests and trips to win to encourage success.
Pros
Comp plan, growing company, etc
Cons
Lack of micro-management can sometimes leave you feeling unsupported.
Great small privately-held company
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, AlabamaFebruary 19, 2014
Great management, Little or no room for growth. All leads are self-generated. The company does very little advertising and commission reward plan is based on new business only.
Pros
Territory is local. No overnight traveling.
Cons
Little room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ads security. Our community is ready to answer.