ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,760 reviews matching the search
Poor environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAAugust 27, 2016
A typical day of work was fine, I appreciated how motivating the team was. I learned a lot about myself. Now, the management is extremely upsetting. Multiple times the company has stolen from me and others. One of the managers tried to engage relations with me innapropiately. I would not recommend working for this company.
Ok company, there is always over time.
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
Ok company. Company always offering over time. Room to make a lot of money doing over time. Hard work with little incentive. Company does not have the best benefits.
Typical Cubicle Job
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2016
Its boring and your stuck in a cubicle for 8 hours a day saying the same things over and over. If you are in need of a job go for it but if not I would look elsewhere.
Contract worked
Senior Web Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 24, 2016
I did not work for ADT full time. I was a contractor through an agency and really cant rate this company accurately. I do not know enough about their benefits or overall employee moral.
Pros
Boca office was nice
Cons
Old technology
Great Company
Residential Security Consultant and Team leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
The company is awesome. The leader of the team was well versed in the products and services. His military background gave him the tools he needed to help us.
interesting & enjoyable place to work
Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHAugust 22, 2016
My first job working with computers. I was training others on the job after 6 months. The system numbers for the alarms and the codes for different alarms was not hard for me to pick up on. The hardest part of the job was when it stormed outside tripping alarms that needed to be checked to make sure it was not an actual incident. Having to call people in the middle of the night to tell them their alarm was not set was never pleasant. The customer usually became upset. When an alarm goes off and found to be an actual entry alarm or fire alarm is rewarding when it's handled timely and taken care of properly.
Pros
Air conditioning needed for the computers and employees comfort.
Cons
When it storms and all alarms are going off, Burglar to Fire and they all have to be checked to make sure they are false or not.
great pay and decent place to work
residental/ small business installation technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2016
typical day: servicing and installing residental/ small business customers in various areas and territories.

what I learned: cable and wire run, cctv installation and repair, light fire instalations, remote view access, various system knowledge of panels( honeywell,dsc, GE).

management: not too good

your co-workers: the best. great comradore and very team oriented

the hardest part of your job: correcting issues that corporate or sales team done with customers.

the most enjoyable part of the job: to see that your hard work has potentially saved someone's lif and protected a family.
Pros
helping customers, great compensation
Cons
management not supportive. corporate rules and regulations. little to no morale among employees.
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 20, 2016
ADT was constantly busy taking call after call. The time went by very fast as well. I've learned how to speak to customers better over the phone. Management was great and always wanted those under them to advance. The hardest part of the job was holding your composure once customers started speaking to you the way they did at times but its very important to do so. The most enjoyable part was being in the positron to save lives.
sales rep
Residential new and conversion sales (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 19, 2016
great pay , great insurance
great co-workers, great hours
long hours, meeting weekly
Maintain monthly required SGL and RGL numbers
• Trained new reps when manager was not available
• Residential new and conversion sales
• Prepare proposal and send within 48 hours
was a great place to learn and advance my skills
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
i worked there for 18 years. during that time i was able to meeet a variety of people and learn alot. i was focussed on my job and my customers to give them the best service possible. the company helped me with this with supplying me with the needed training and support from the organization.
good way to start
Loyalty/Retention Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
still a dead end job. there are chances to move around in the company. wont really wanna move up. management is highly lacking no matter what department. recently bought out by Apollo (protection 1 parent company). things are worse since the buy out.
Pros
decent pay, great employees feels like family
Cons
all management, lack of compassion/understanding
Productive sales environment
Business to Business sales (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 18, 2016
Great sales job with plenty of growth opportunities. Amazing sales training program. Hours are somewhat flexible but as in all sales jobs the more work you put in the better the pay is.
Pros
Some leads are provided
Cons
Corporate BS
Good entry level job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2016
This job is a good opportunity for entry level applicants to learn about customer service. Personally for me, I am the type of person where I need face to face interaction instead of staring at a computer in a cube all day long. You are in a team, but the only time I get to interact with my team mates is during a meeting once every two weeks.
ADT job Summary
Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2016
Call Center atmosphere, moderate to high stress, moderate training. Need to be self motivated. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of the job is stability but thats with any commission based job. Most enjoyable is unlimited OT.
Pros
OT
Cons
Stress
Productive performace driven diverse workplace with great vacation time and benefits
Emergency Dispatch Operator-Inbound Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2016
ADT Security Service is a professional establishment that promotes from within and acknowledges their employees effort skills dedication and personal sacrifice. ADT provides a safe no tolerance environment for their employees which solidifies a peace of mind while at the workplace.

ADT Management is adamit about making sure the employees' ideas and concerns are addressed. Their management team has executed an "open door" policy which provides their employees with the confidence that any and all unforseen emergencies or concerns are handled immediately.

I've learned that working in a professional environment provides the confidence to the employee that all of their needs matter and all issues, emergencies and concerns will be taken seriously and addressed in a timely fashion. I aspire to only obtain a position with a company that has a high standard of ethics and integrity that practices strict adherence to policy, proceedures and guidelines.

ADT employs hardworking driven individuals that are for the most part looking to build their careers within a company that offers so much. These type of individuals perform with the knowledge that there is no I in team and that team work makes the dream work.

The hardest part of the positions I held was trying to provides top of the line Customer Service within the "average alloted talk time" for the department. Being an above and beyond "woo wow win" representative it was a bit of a struggle ensuring account issues, legal requirements and company policy were addressed or resolved while providing high level customer service
  more... to continue ensure customer satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the challenges and goals you are able to set for yourself and the fact that you can monitor you own success.
Pros
The Benefits, Vacation Package, Bonus Compensation, for doing what you already get a paycheck for: meeting the minimum expectational requirements
Cons
Reprimand oppose to coaching, lack of investigation to identify cause for low productivity (struggle), no implementation of an attainable goals to ensure employee success and low turnover rate
People Mill
SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 11, 2016
There was almost no supervision, guidance, or assistance. Most employees were miserable and considered the position a place to grind out a few paychecks until they could get better employment. The communication between the sales force and the installers was always contentious.
Pros
Freedom of Schedule
Cons
Lack of Assistance, Poor Management
Unorganized
Customer Service Tech Rep II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 10, 2016
Constant policy changes 30days to adhere dock you for mistakes change policy again. No one knows an answer. Poor customer and employee service. Have to call multiple departments for simply answers
Pros
ALOT OF TIME OFF AVAILABLE
Cons
USE YOUR TIME OFF WHEN YOUR ABSENT OR TARDY
your just a number, nothing more.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 7, 2016
Great pay if you can meet your sales quota of 12 units a month. There is no residual income what so ever. Was told during my forth year that something was in the works to pay territory reps a residual override for maintaining our customer base and growing it. That was a lie. Went through 4 regional managers, 5 district managers and 5 sales managers. You get the picture. ADT can't do fire/smoke protection under small business while other companies can. Lost a lot of business opportunities because of this. Averaged 14 hour days my first 3 years. 100% commission but the company tracks and micro manages you like an hourly or salary employee. Management can give away your company leads as well as your self generated leads that you were working if you can't close them quickly. I was with ADT for 6 years. The reason I stayed that long was because of my techs and the clients I became friends with because they chose ADT services because of me. Not a job for someone who has children or a needy spouse.
Pros
Great Commission, well known company
Cons
100% commission wage, company micromanages like your an hourly or salary employee, Can take your leads away from you and give to other reps after you worked them.
enjoyable experience
Home Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 7, 2016
I love helping people feel safe in their homes, but the commission only is not ideal.

ADT has a great well deserved reputation for being a top security company
Summary for working for ADT Security
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy back to back alarm handling. While providing customer service such as updated information or transferring to correct department to further assist. Management was great they worked hands on with personal evaluation to make sure our customer service was at its best always. Loved the people I worked with everyone was helpful and showed much support for job events. The hardest part of my job which still wasn't too challenging. It would of had to been the part of getting to a new level a better opportunity to grow. We never knew exactly how to get there. Not enough information was giving. But other than that I loved my job but I felt like I could always do more and dominate other higher opportunities. With that given chance I would love to keep reaching higher and higher till I can find a job in which I can see myself there till retirement.