ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,914 reviews matching the search
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 17, 2016
ADT has gone through some changes this past year but things are stabilizing and it is still a great place to work. The new CEO and leadership seems to have a focus on improving customer experience and service, which is a direction that I feel will help the organization. The environment is one where everyone works hard, but there is still a great work/life balance.

The people at ADT are fantastic and hardworking. Health insurance recently went up, but it seems that is the case for most companies with changes in policy around benefits.
Pros
Corporate headquarters campus, CEO, people
Cons
standard benefits are not 100% company paid
Subpar corporate culture
Account Manager- Small Business Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
ADT compensation package is very very bad. It's competitors have a better one. ADT sales micromanagement style is counterproductive at best. ADT managed to hire highly incompetent area sales managers that are supposed to lead region's sales efforts without proper product knowledge.

The installation team is seriously uncoordinated with the sales team's fast pacing tempo. Thus, creating security systems installation delays which ultimately hurts the sales reps compensation.
Pros
Good health, vision and dental benefits.
Cons
No base salary, delayed commission payment, bad management, bad corporate culture.
positive influence, being able to accomplish goals
Warehouse/Sales/Field Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2016
A typical day for me can start as early as 7am it may involve an early appointment or a strategy meeting at the office im either attending or hosting, As a team we go over what we may have experienced out in the field or new product and even new promotion that can be used as a tool for closing deals, my co-workers play a vital roll in this exercise, it is essential to be a good listener, contacting vendors, odering parts, scheduling appointments, making calls to potential customers, and closing as many deals as possible, the hardest part of my job is when i am unable to help someone so that would make the enjoyable part of my joy the fact that i can
Pros
able to provide for my family, good health benefits
Cons
charge backs (in sales) not being able to help everyone i encounter
Processor I Sales Support Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 22, 2016
Management needs to trust employees more and value their opinions. I had the opportunity to learn new job skills, which allowed me to promote within the company. I also, learned how to adapt to changes that were made within my company. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and building relationships with them. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency from supervisors and managers. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to learn new job skills.
Pros
Department games, Health care, and Vacation time
Cons
Management and them playing favorites with employees, and salary raises
productive
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016

Pros
lunch
Cons
management
Good job to start with
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2016
In my 10 years I have bounced around looking for the great fit , but the management teams are not supportive.It's all in a who u know to advance.There is no training , so be prepared to learn day by day. You find out new things that are going on with the company everyday via email from corporate or word of mouth from associates. Just sad because so many people who work here have so many great things to offer but if your not a family member or best buds with a manager you won't advance or your voice will not be heard.
Pros
Free lunch, co workers are great people, benefits
Cons
Pay, Management team unavailable and lack knowledge
Great company. Newcomers to sales beware. Not for everyone.
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Had a small gig with them for a while as a sales representative. It's a great company and the management couldn't be nicer. That said, this job is not for anyone, mostly because it requires previous knowledge of Miami businesses and a personal client list. Not for newcomers in town.

That said, the culture there is fantastic and management is always looking out for you. Benefits and pay are reasonable, provided you have previous experience doing door to door sales in Miami.
Good place to work and getting better
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2016
I've worked here 21 years and there have been bad years, good years and fantastic years. It has been greatly improving over the last 2 years and will only get better as time goes on. This includes work culture, management, everything.
Pros
I get to travel for my job and see and experience a lot.
Cons
In my experience here, it is really hard to get promoted, and to either get a raise or get promotedThey promote at the corp office level in Boca Raton, FL, but not my office.
Adt
Residential Resale Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2016
ADT is a very stable and established company with very rigid standards about how to do business. I worked for them twice and enjoyed the experience both times. The best thing about the company is the fact that you are working for the industry leader. The position I held before with the company put me in front of existing customers constantly and I enjoyed solving their problems, but this time as commission sales I found it too undependable as far as compensation. So if you enjoy a position where you can certainly attain great rewards this position would be for you. If you find that a dependable paycheck is more important, it is not.
Pros
much freedom to build your own business
Cons
few quality company leads, which pay much less than self generated leads
How bad do you want it
Residential Resale Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 31, 2016
One must work hard to get what you want out of life. Any sales position help you grasp that idea. This position allows you to hone in on your entrepreneurship, interpersonal, and time management skills
Pros
Great company to work for, great managers, and benefits
Cons
Must drive car outside of Tallahassee for outside sales appointments, Sometimes drive two hours for possible sales, Must save up extra money to make it through the "dry" months around the holidays
It's good job to get experience in the sales world
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2016
The benefits were good and the commission structure was good before it was change the management wasn't too great Adt is quick to put people on the floor without good training good money but you get paid weekly and then your commission is every fourth week of the month I made great money the best year I brought in 72,000 it's people there that making 100,000 very easy job to learn but the most experience will come actually being on the phone and have some the season sales rep helping you
great pay and decent place to work
residental/ small business installation technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2016
typical day: servicing and installing residental/ small business customers in various areas and territories.

what I learned: cable and wire run, cctv installation and repair, light fire instalations, remote view access, various system knowledge of panels( honeywell,dsc, GE).

management: not too good

your co-workers: the best. great comradore and very team oriented

the hardest part of your job: correcting issues that corporate or sales team done with customers.

the most enjoyable part of the job: to see that your hard work has potentially saved someone's lif and protected a family.
Pros
helping customers, great compensation
Cons
management not supportive. corporate rules and regulations. little to no morale among employees.
Once was A Good Company
Residential Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day is waking up and not wanting to come back to this company. There is no rewards or incentive for working, there is no moving up. Workload is unrealistic.Pay changes often and it does not benefit the worker. Atmosphere in office is a don't care attitude from management there is no support system. Training is pretty much you figuring it out on your own or you hope your coworkers are willing to help you.
Pros
benefits is still decent
Cons
no balance bad management
Extreme hours with excellent pay
High Volume Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The best job I ever had. If you are willing to work the long hours typically 50 or more you will be well compensated. They are the biggest for a reason, the entire staff understands the alarm business and provides the best benefits of any low voltage job. Highly recommended.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits.
Cons
Long hours and mandatory saturday work.
Irving TX
EDO/CSG (Former Employee) –  IrvingJune 27, 2016
Benefits are good as well as 401 k Hard to get that 5 percent match these days. The place is a ghetto. They keep hiring the same kids over and over again. Most of the complaints I think are from the younger generation. The work ethic is not there. Most of them violate company rules on a daily basis. Cell phones out while talking to customers for example.In some spots a party atmosphere. Dressing like they are home and going to the Gym.Managers look the other way except for a few. Its the I do what I want to do. when I want to do it attitude.New management is taking over and the culture might change.I was treated fine as a employee and opportunities are there if you are willing to work. Its a decent place to work with good benefits its the environment that needs to change and the attitude of the people they hire.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Work enviroment
Very productive, stable schedule.
Field Service Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2016
Most environments were call centers. Everything is timed down to the second. Amerisuites Hotel was the exception where I worked at the front desk, and drove a shuttle to and from DFW Airport.

For the most part these call centers are very time driven. The benefits and compensation are hardly worth it. It would benefit the call centers to take better care of their employees as is evident in the attrition rate of each group arriving on the floor to begin their job. Pay is very low, and morale even lower. After taxes and health insurance are deducted, the actual take home is about 33% lower than you started with. As a homeowner, it is very difficult to keep payments and daily living expenses less than what you make.

Saving any money is only a wish.

The managers are absolutely not leaders, and some may inquire as to how they got into their positions in the first place. They are condescending and do not value the employee at all.
Pros
Worksite is the same everyday.
Cons
Managers, micro- management style.
Customed in setting your own schedule and competive this is the place for youIf yoY
SALES/MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 8, 2016
If you are fine with commission based employment and you like to work independently, setting up sales appointments and closing deals on your own, this is the ideal position for you. If you are concerned about people and safety in the home and business this is definitely the right job for you.
Pros
Benefits and Training
Cons
Little support from management team, income fluctuates, market saturated with security salespeople
Busy work place
Security Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2017
As an ADT Securities technician we visit two to three customers every work day to do full instals, service or upgrades of alarm systems.
I was able to learn to communicate with customers and fulfill their needs, although sometimes it was a challenge because sometimes our customers needed extra attention.
Some of my current friends I met during my employment there.
Pros
Very good benefits and camaradery
Cons
Long driving hours
Great company to work for when starting out.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2016
ADT is a fantastic company for someone who is just entering the workforce. It's your typical call center experience, but you are required to learn a ton of information which doesn't equate to the compensation they provide.
Pros
Open 24/7, A lot of OT, Tuition reimbursement, 401k.
Cons
Low pay, Overworked, Bad management, Horrible TQM
A rewarding and demanding field of work.
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22153June 11, 2016
I begin my workday at approximately 6:30 at the warehouse. I pick up the equipment I need for my assigned jobs. I leave the warehouse by 7:00 am and drive to the first customer's residence. Typically I do two jobs per day, each one lasting around 4 hours.
I usually finish my days work around 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm.
During the course of the day I help customers understand what work I will be performing in their homes and draw up the paperwork.
In order to install the security system I must work around the design of the house and the customers' specifications. I install and program the system. I troubleshoot any bugs or malfunctions. When I am finished with the installation I educate the customer system operation.
Pros
Work vehichle provided, fair compensation.
Cons
Long hours (frequent 12-hour shifts), excessive drive time (3-4 hours per day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.