ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,006 reviews matching the search
Great company. Newcomers to sales beware. Not for everyone.
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Had a small gig with them for a while as a sales representative. It's a great company and the management couldn't be nicer. That said, this job is not for anyone, mostly because it requires previous knowledge of Miami businesses and a personal client list. Not for newcomers in town.

That said, the culture there is fantastic and management is always looking out for you. Benefits and pay are reasonable, provided you have previous experience doing door to door sales in Miami.
Busy work place
Security Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2017
As an ADT Securities technician we visit two to three customers every work day to do full instals, service or upgrades of alarm systems.
I was able to learn to communicate with customers and fulfill their needs, although sometimes it was a challenge because sometimes our customers needed extra attention.
Some of my current friends I met during my employment there.
Pros
Very good benefits and camaradery
Cons
Long driving hours
Offering the peace of mind for families and business to be safe.
Regional Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I manage 6 locations and am responsible for high production of sales, operations and employee development. I've learned a tremendous amount when it comes to just being involved in the every day to day operation , sales training, hiring and being profitable. My staff ( management, sales reps, office staff) is what drives everything to work efficiently to make sure we provide the highest quality of customer service. The most challenging part is the long hours and not much of a work life balance. Overall a great company to work for but looking for new opportunities that will challenge me to succeed at my highest potential!
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Not much of a work life balance
Felt unsecured
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VADecember 28, 2016
Nothing much to say. We worked outside going door to door in the freezing rain, cold, snow, ice, etc trying to sell security systems. A few times some people called the police on me. I recall one day I was freezing cold and my hands was shaking so the lady perhaps assumed I was on something and then she called the police on me. The job was only based on commission pay so we did not get a sell we did not receive a check.
Pros
Learned about security systems
Cons
Really affected my schedule
Its okay if you have the drive to sale to a saturated market.
Small Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2017
ADT as a company is ok. I believe once i made it in the door many opportunities were exhausted because everyone already has an alarm system or dont want one. I think Sales should at least receive a base salary if expected to meet quota of 12 sales a month.
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
100% commision after training pay (which isnt alot)
making a difference
Team Lead Assist/ Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2017
a typical day, its very busy, face paced. changes are made often, the most enjoyable part would be to help save lives and making customer happy with the tools they gee to help customers in there time of need. the hardest part is having to argue about contracts which customers sign who feel they should not be obligated to for fill them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Commercial Sales
Account Manager - Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Sold security systems including Burglar, Fire, Access Ctrl, and CCTV to large commercial account base. Developed presentations and quotes for new and existing customers. Participated in expos and road shows. Worked with integration team to develop security solutions.

I learned how to manage an account base and it was helpful to visit each customer to discuss their needs for their business.

The culture was team oriented. Many of the co-workers worked together on larger projects.

Hardest part of any sales job is figuring out what works.

Most enjoyable part for me was following a job to completion and seeing the project to completion and shaking a satisfied customer's hand.
Pros
Flexibility, good people, Management was helpful
Cons
Long process to get the job into an installation date
OK work place but some management needs retraining. Training team is the best.
(CSR) Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2016
Great trainers but stressors in management when on floor. Great place to work if you are looking for cs experience. Learned that there are a lot of things that go into securing property for individuals that need it. Co-workers are very nice and helpful. "they want to see you succeed at all costs. the most enjoyable part of the job is the encouragement from co workers and training team. They were helpful and assisted you with help if there was something new that even they didn't know.
Was residental resales representative for ADT in Salt Lake City, Utah
Residential Resale Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 27, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time working for ADT. We had to leave Utah because of health reasons with my wife. So is OK now. Did more resales sales than any previous representative for ADT. Made 200 to 300 calls week contacting prospects.
Pros
They are the best Security in the US.
Cons
The market place was small.
a Call Center environment with much burnout potiential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2017
It was interesting learning the particulars of a process from the back-end perspective of identifying and determining how to handle the various kinds of alarms that were optioned to ADT's clientele, commercial and personal.
Pros
routine helped increase efficiency of alarm-clearing
Cons
location and high burnout potential

Want to know more about ADT Security Services?

Ask a question
Extreme hours with excellent pay
High Volume Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The best job I ever had. If you are willing to work the long hours typically 50 or more you will be well compensated. They are the biggest for a reason, the entire staff understands the alarm business and provides the best benefits of any low voltage job. Highly recommended.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits.
Cons
Long hours and mandatory saturday work.
Adt
Residential Sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of a morning call with your team manager to go over what you would be doing for the day. I learned to manage my time efficiently and to be proactive at all times with little to no supervision. I also learned to supervise installers. Management was great, however I wish that they would spend a little more time with their new employees to show them "the ropes" of the business. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that the job that you sell actually gets installed with no problems. This company has a lot of installs that never go through because the installers are not properly trained to do the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers and the feeling of accomplishment from selling a job.
Pros
commission is decent; time is flexible
Cons
after training, the job is commission only; no base pay
It used to be a great place to work
Personal Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAJanuary 11, 2017
I used to love working for this company. That was BEFORE the hidden talks about the merger that took place back in 2016. Before, everyone was more like family. Benefits were spectacular and there was room for growth at one point.
Pros
Family atmosphere and great benefits
Cons
Once the merger happened, EVERYTHING changed for the worst
Subpar corporate culture
Account Manager- Small Business Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
ADT compensation package is very very bad. It's competitors have a better one. ADT sales micromanagement style is counterproductive at best. ADT managed to hire highly incompetent area sales managers that are supposed to lead region's sales efforts without proper product knowledge.

The installation team is seriously uncoordinated with the sales team's fast pacing tempo. Thus, creating security systems installation delays which ultimately hurts the sales reps compensation.
Pros
Good health, vision and dental benefits.
Cons
No base salary, delayed commission payment, bad management, bad corporate culture.
Good place to work and getting better
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2016
I've worked here 21 years and there have been bad years, good years and fantastic years. It has been greatly improving over the last 2 years and will only get better as time goes on. This includes work culture, management, everything.
Pros
I get to travel for my job and see and experience a lot.
Cons
In my experience here, it is really hard to get promoted, and to either get a raise or get promotedThey promote at the corp office level in Boca Raton, FL, but not my office.
ADT was great!
Bilingual Field Support Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 13, 2017
ADT was awesome! Ioved their management and the culture they had built there. The training was intensive and thorough and the trainers worked very well with the new hires to make sure they understood what to do and felt confident before they hit the floor. Would definitely recommend this to a friend.
productive
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
ADT has gone through some changes this past year but things are stabilizing and it is still a great place to work. The new CEO and leadership seems to have a focus on improving customer experience and service, which is a direction that I feel will help the organization. The environment is one where everyone works hard, but there is still a great work/life balance.

The people at ADT are fantastic and hardworking. Health insurance recently went up, but it seems that is the case for most companies with changes in policy around benefits.
Pros
lunch
Cons
management
Very SALES focus
Small Business Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 17, 2017
• Increased number of customers by 130% in 3 years
• Hired, trained, and developed all sales staff for multiple office locations
• Designed and managed lead flow within assigned sales territories
• Recipient of the Club Excellence Eagle Award in 2001 for ranking #1 among all sales Reps in the Northeast.
Pros
Name
Cons
100 commision
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 17, 2016

Pros
Corporate headquarters campus, CEO, people
Cons
standard benefits are not 100% company paid
It's good job to get experience in the sales world
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2016
The benefits were good and the commission structure was good before it was change the management wasn't too great Adt is quick to put people on the floor without good training good money but you get paid weekly and then your commission is every fourth week of the month I made great money the best year I brought in 72,000 it's people there that making 100,000 very easy job to learn but the most experience will come actually being on the phone and have some the season sales rep helping you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.