ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Low Moral
Tech 1+/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 17, 2015
Management cant take the fact that a regular employee knew more than they did, and its all a number driven environment. This is a company that should be more concerned with customer safety, but they are not. as long as the job gets done they dont care if its correct or not.
benefits
Cons
micro-managed, cant speak opinions.
good place good people
Field Service Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 15, 2015
hard work, hard management. lots of overtime. excessive corporate culture with drive to sell more and more, even if unneeded.
Good pay and benifets
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2015
Pay and insurance was really great and cheap, however the atmosphere was a low level office job, had a bad bug infestation that they took a long time to take care of and a overall really depressing atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Compensation
Cons
short breaks bad hours, bugs
Nice co-workers
Administrative Assistant/ Processor// Payroll (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2015
What I learned with this company is there is no job security. Management was very helpful and co-workers were taught to cross-train.Had to bend over backwards sometimes to please customers, but security service is a people business.
Pros
Helpful employees and staff
Cons
Time and service standards to up-hold
Disorganized management and low pay makes this a bad company to get involved with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 11, 2015
My manager was in a different state than me, but within driving distance. I saw him twice in 6 months. Hands off approach. Disorganized. I was promised a reasonable training salary for 6 months and it was gone after 3 at which point I was put on commission only. Huge disconnect between install employees and the sales employees.

I don't know if it was an ADT problem or just my area/office/manager, but working for them for 6 months painted a very bad light of the work environment.

On a positive note, my family has had ADT our entire lives and have been very happy with the company's services and do feel safer using their products.
Pros
Independent work environment. Solid sales training in Florida. Quality products.
Cons
No organization. Clueless management. Poor pay. Disconnect with installers.
If I calculated the hours worked to earn commissions, is it even minimum wage
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 11, 2015
There are far better jobs than ADT. Looked so promising, but when selling the high dollar latest technology, ADT was not capable of installing on it sooner than 45 days on average in the Baton Rouge market. They wanted lots of cheap $99 installs, because they are more interested in getting the monitoring fees as quickly as possible. In order to be successful you have to sell more expensive systems. Had they been honest with me and told me 45 days (instead of the 1 week lead time they quoted) I never would have taken the job.
Pros
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers I met
Cons
ADT does not keep its promises or value its people, hence the high turnover rate.
good company to work for
Media Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2015
good company to work for. great people and good environment. Lots of opportunity to grow. lots of opportunity to grow. Overall fun place to work.
Productive and a nice place to work
Cash Processor I (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 9, 2015
management was decent and the job was stimulating kept you keep busy with the reports that needed to be completed by a certain date and time
Great Opportunity
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 9, 2015
Responsible for planning implementing and managing all sales activities for the Residential Sales channel. Recruit, interview and train new sales talent. Great leadership and advancement opportunities. Good culture and attainable monthly goals.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Most advancement opportunities required relocation
fun work place with a lot of friendly people
Sales Rep/Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GADecember 7, 2015
fun work place just needs better management and some staff need better atittudes but other than that its a good job helps you better you personailty .
Productive workplace with excellent benefits
Residential Installer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 2, 2015
The management and other team members are all very helpful and supportive. Numbers are the main priority for upper management though. Each day would be different in terms of what would be installed, which in turn would provide for a different challenge. Most customers are generally nice and welcoming. The benefits are excellent and pay is very competitive.
Pros
Independent work with a diversity of possible challenges each day
Cons
Too much micromanagement with changes that haven't been fully tested
Adt
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 2, 2015
I haven't worked for this company in a while and can only base my review upon the time I was there. The co-workers made the job likeable. I did enjoy the feeling of being able to help save a life and safety by monitoring someone's home.
Great Company, Hard Work, Long Hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2015
Great company to work for. Door to door is not the easiest job but if you learn the ways its a great job. Great atmosphere and team building.
Business first, everything else later.
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 23, 2015
Very informative, with friendly co-workers, some free meals occasionally. Business as well as casual days. ADT was a very good place to be employed with good Health Benifits, great incenatives and good chances for promotions.
Pros
Free meals, more than 1 shift available, able to stand while working, healthcare
The company was fine to work for.
Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2015
A typical day was a Monday meeting at the office at 8:00 and then follow up with clients and make sales calls the remainder of the week.. There was also a meeting on Friday's at 2:00

I learned so much about technology and what it takes to put in an alarm system.

Management was very much to the book. It was a very strict office structure.

My co-workers were fell helpful,

The hardest part was learning the technology.

Working with the clients and knowing that the service was something that they depended on.
Pros
Territory assignments.
Cons
Micromanagement.
Job review
Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
I've learned much of my industry at this company and have much respect for them. I've enjoyed much of the opportunities awarded to me while I was there.
Very good place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2015
Taking inbound calls about customers billing issues. Making outbound call to collect on past due invoices.

Leader of a team of wonderful employees.
Pros
Able to keep busy, no down time.
Cons
Very goo benifits.
Not a bad place to work
Dispatch Operator/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2015
ADT isn't a bad place to work. I enjoyed my time working there. It was a great place to gain customer service experience. I learned how to deal with a variety of different customers.
Hard working co-workers
Processor III (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2015
The co-workers which I have been privileged to work with are hard-working, but the cultural environment is more negative than positive. Most of our accomplishments are only acknowledged by co-workers, as management seems detached from the processes, employees, and customers.
Pros
Co-Workers
A typical day at work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 19, 2015
I would get to work by 9am and my day starts with clearing voicemails from techs,login in parts that was used and some emailing and interacting with other co-workers of any updates or changes. I enjoy my job as a data entry operator I look forward to going in to work M-F and that's because I enjoy what I do as a
data entry operator.