ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employer Reviews

Low stress, mediocre pay
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 29, 2014
Excellent benefits, very understanding of work/life balance. Little opportunity to advance past middle manager. Very stable position but don't expect to expand your skill set.
Cool Job
Productivity Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: extended lunches, great pay
Typical Day at Work is Fun and Busy at the same time
Co-Workers are awesome to work with, and the staff are great
Hardest part of the job is NOTHING
The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with the customers and helping solve the situations
Professional call center/office environment
Technical Support, Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henrietta NYDecember 26, 2014
A typical work day consisted of logging into computers systems on time taking inbound calls providing solutions to customer inquiries. I learned how to provide step by step over the phone to solutions to malfunctioning equipment, I learned the proper emergency dispatching procedure when an alarm is in progress. The management was enjoyable very helpful to my work performance. My co workers and I got along pretty well we formed friendships that allowed my time at work to be equally productive as well as enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was memorizing proper trouble shooting procedures for specific system but with time and training it became very manageable. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was helping in saving lives.
Top 5 worst companies to work for
Customer Service Agent, Order Processor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 24, 2014
training is horrible and rushed into workload, unable to receive any guidance from management. the workload and pay from this company do not equal out. very low paying. will hire from outside instead of hiring from within. not a place to have a career
Somewhat slow but I loved the job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: i did such a great job, i was chosen to get my picture taken for the magazine
Cons: cant think of anything
- A typical day was notifying residents and businesses about a fire, police or medical alarm that I received

- I learned how to operate ADT computer systems and programs
- Management was wonderful
- Co-workers was wonderful
- The hardest part of the job.... It wasn't hard
- The Most enjoyable part of the job was everything I loved working for the company...
A fun and stable work environment.
Account Services Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid planned/unplanned time off, shift bids, casual dresscode
Cons: uncouth customers, strict schedule adhearance
Of all the jobs I have ever had, ADT was the one I liked most. A typical day at work consisted of taking anywhere for 80 to 100 calls a day and solving problems for customers. The hardest part of the job is not letting irate customers get under your skin, but you learn fast how to avoid those scenarios by controlling the flow of the call.
overpriced..problimatic
Small business manager (Former Employee), wolf rdDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free schedule
Cons: the product
Absolutely rediculous unorganized company

Heres a tip-simply safe..and save urself the trouble of dealing w these monkeys in ur home or biz.

Rediculous high contracts..a call team to harass you up too 8 phone calls a day..

Im really surprised how people spent money on this product..

The types of people that would say yes and write a check were too busy or just bought for the name.
LIED ABOUT JOB DUTIES!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ashland VirginiaDecember 22, 2014
Cons: deceitful hiring practice.
ADT was deceitful from beginning to end. When I was contacted I was interviewed for a customer service position. I specifically asked was this a call center position because I wasn't interested in sales. I was assured it was customer service no sales involved.
Once I got through the training class the next day we had a meeting , met our team leads and were loaded on a van,.
This was an outside canvassing job not customer service as we were told. After getting on the road and asking questions we were on our way to canvas random neighborhoods. We ended up driving an hour away from the office in a rural area and dropped off in subdivisions where nobody was home and every house had security already.
It was raining and cold in late November and because we weren't told we'd be canvassing most people were dressed in shoes and business casual attire.
The manager refused to leave even when it was so dark that the homes had turned off their lights and bviously gone to bed. We were instructed to knock anyway and of course the homeowners were very upset.
Nothing about ADT was legit including the promises they made to the customers.
I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time applying umless you're looking to spend all day with 6 other people trying to sell security to people who obviously have security systems and after you sell the system the team lead actually gets the commission.
Complete commission only so if you don't sell you get nothing. A waste of time.
Oh and they drop you off and come back leaving you exposed to weather and dogs etc. and forget about a bathroom you went when the manager felt it was time.
Taking stressfull situations and putting customers at ease.
Action Completion Team Specialist (Former Employee), Bradenton FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: having a satisfied customer give you thanks.
Cons: 24 hrs facility
We would start the day with a group meeting on direction to meet goals.
Learned how to deal with co-workers and external customers.
Hardest part of job is keeping customer at ease while in a stressfull situation.
Most enjoyable part of job is hearing the anxiety that the customer had go away.
great work envirment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Henrietta nyDecember 16, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with. The training was intense but great and a lot of fun. The training that you are taught you really get a great hold of the position you are going to be performing
Great company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 15, 2014
great environment - fun place to work; lots of benefits;
Full service restaurant, gym, medical clinic on site, beauty salon, garage etc.
small and fun department
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasDecember 5, 2014
Cons: management and pay
loved assisting customers and providing installation technicians with internal customer service
small and fun department
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasDecember 5, 2014
Cons: management and pay
fast working environment
Duties as a custom Homes Rep (Former Employee), Custom homes AgentDecember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: schedules
A typical work day coming in checking all emails and any updates, load all tools needed to perform job correctly and efficiently. On the job ive learned how to use the time i have to perform all duties by multitasking and getting things done. Managenment was there to give reviews. Co-workers all different type of people learned alot about everyone good and bad. The hardest part of my job was not having the proper tools at times to do what was need to assist the clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work knowing i had a stable job and was able to save lifes and assist people.
Excellent company to be a part of!!!
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, hours, wonderful company!!
Cons: flucuation in commission as with any commission based position.
This job was amazing! Best benefits I've ever had even better than government benefits!! Competitive pay with paid training and no micro managing.
Nice steady pace job
Technical Support (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2014
lovely place to work and likely to move up in the company, new faces everyday.
Good place for experience, bad long term employment
Technician/Customer Service Inbound Representative (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, full time hours, fast paced
Cons: company layoffs, often short staffed
ADT was a great place to get a feel for the call center atmosphere. They had room for advancement and full 40 hour work weeks. The only downsides were that the management of different teams did not communicate well with each other, and we were frequently short managers making it difficult to satisfy upset customers. The other issue was the company is having trouble staying afloat and because of that they would let go groups of people 10-15 at a time so they would not have to promote them, and could bring in new trainees.
Horrible a big joke
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2014
Do yourself a favor DONT DO IT. this company does not allow Vetrans to take off for Memorial day or Veterans day. If you have a family member that passes away dont plan on attending the services.They set rules even the managers dont follow.. They allow drug transactions. ... Just think this company has your credit card numbers
fun work place
Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2014
talking to the public
I learned about shoes and how to sell them
great fun to be around
fun enjoyable people
dealing with people trying to steal appeal
being around people and compensation
Don't do it!!!!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 24, 2014
Cons: everything
awful experience. HR department is a joke. trainers are awful don't control their classes. turnover rate is so high because of these factors. do yourself Favor and look elsewhere.

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos