ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Good job.
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Overall the job was good, just wasn't much opportunity for advancement. It was a competitive company, striving to do better and improve on numbers each quarter and year.
Ethically questionable - Communication to Customer weak
SA (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Customer service gets you in the door that’s it. Then you install The panel without a complete and honest financial agreement from the customer. It’s nit about protection it’s about getting the job in the ground!
Pros
Hours and money
Cons
No set schedule. Impossible to plane your personal time
Terrible management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 7, 2018
Operational Manager had very limited experience, and was not competent. Very unprofessional with both employees and customers. Wouldn't accept input from anyone else in the company.
Review
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2018
Management was paid on stick count versus the rep who was paid on dollars sold. Had management sneaking around selling accounts for basically free. Was a stop gap. No way to make any real money when youre selling pennies.
Very productive environment
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2018
I loved the emergency operator role, very simple and straightforward. Customer Service was a breeze, I loved speaking with people that had issues and solving their problems.

The only thing was that bathroom breaks were frowned upon if one happened to suffer from digestive upsets.

Also, the training class was effective but run like a circus or a high school. There was considerable racism towards whites and Latinos.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some trainers are very unprofessional.
Stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Stressful, system goes down too much, always was the last to know about changes. It was pleasant to work there at the beginning and then it got really bad.
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
Just didn't care for ot
Great work environment.
Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I worked there a longtime ago, but it was a good job. I had a lot of friends there, and my supervisor was great, however, there was very little room for advancement.
Just about everything except sales
2 years Customer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Gave a good part of my life to company. Was a good company to work for then. Not sure now. Management and supervisory was good during my time. Liked what I did.
Pros
Everything or I would have left a lot sooner
Cons
Outside and dirty work then.
ADT has definitely changed after merging with Protection One
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
ADT was a great place to work until they started bringing in new management. It then became a "every person must fend for themselves" work environment. Would not recommend anyone to work here. Pretty soon they won't need sales reps anymore.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, management
ok place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Not really much to say about this place, it has its days and storms not really a people place to learn from seems like everyone was just to themselves
Fun place to work, good co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Fun place to work, great co-workers, fantastic kitchen that was fairly priced, large break area's. Ping pong table, Xbox, lots of TV's. Lots of time with managers and lots of training.
lots of cold calling
Small Business Systems Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2018
I didn't enjoy working here because of the compensation after the first six months of training. If a small business who purchased a security system failed or closed, the earned commission would be deducted from your next paycheck.
ok
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2018
fun people to work with loved my coworkers management was great pay was great they have great benefits overtime is possible when it is available overall good company
Productive and Fastpace
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2018
ADT is a good first time collections experience, i enjoy being on the phones interacting with other customers from all over the world. I love my job but the pay is not the best. With the work that's being done regardless of experience or not the pay should be fair.
Pros
Fun activities, potlucks, free food...
Cons
Under paid
FSC SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2018
My typical day at work is challenging, everyday you learn something new. Nice environment to work in peers are nice and helpful. My manager is fair and promotes feedback that will encourage you to meet your goals. There is nothing hard about customer service, I find it rewarding meeting different people eveyday.
Lots of work for hardly any pay
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 2, 2018
This place was a joke. They are all for themselves and making money at the corporate level. The customers were never right and managers were very hard on you if you made a mistake.
great company to work for excluding management
Emergency dispatch operator (Former Employee) –  knoxville, tnJanuary 2, 2018
enjoyed working as an emergency dispatch operator The team that i worked with were very great people. Learned a lot about customer service duties and responsibilities. Management was very cold hearted.
Pros
free lunches, tee shirts
Cons
management was terrible
Has its good and bad moments
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 2, 2018
Decent pay but you are expected to do more than your what your role usually entails. Culture is pretty lax. Difficult to advance in certain departments. Not much room for movement.
Sales Associate/ installer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The job helped me install an sell alarm systems helping me with my salesmanship an email electric work it is a good place for young people to get there feet wet in the work industry
management regularly told staff that they were replaceable
Residential Resale Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2018
no appreciation of employees. advancement was based on how much management liked you, not related to work effort or performance. pay was minimal but was also commission based.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.