ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Nurturing Environment
Residential and Small Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
Sr team members are willing to guide and train new team members. Very encouraging team environment. Career path for growth is plenty within the company
Requires extreme attention to details and dexterity skills
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: ADT cares about your well-being
Cons: Breaks go way to fast
A typical day at ADT Security Services, log into about nine systems that provide different tasks for each unique call for the day. I learned how to effectively get the job done with-out taking any shortcuts or deviations from the original way the task were taught. The most enjoyable part of the job is that ADT really considers your health, they have many different programs offered to their employees to get well and stay well.
Decent company to work for but often thankless.
Residential Installer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great fellow installers and working with homeowners to make them feel safe.
Cons: Having very little communication or realtionships with management and sales team.
I installed security and camera systems in residential homes and small businesses, I learned a lot about the technical along with the labor part of this business.
My fellow installers we're great people to work with but management often we're very distant and there was really no relationship between the 2 sides of the company. The only hard parts of the job was having communication between the installers and management/sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the installation of security system then knowing and seeing how safe the customer felt living in their and home and their family being protected.
Great Work Experience
Business Analyst /Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Working at ADT was a wonderful experience as I was able to develop new skills and work on diverse projects on multiple platforms.
good for entry level
Account Service Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: its a check
Cons: short breaks, poor leaddershitp team
the management is the worst. they constantly have employees doing complaints on them. hen u need help or a manger cal they push back. i would only recommend this job for someone fresh out of high school or someone whom is attending college
Wouldn't recommend
Conversion Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: commissions
Cons: nights
For a business that has been in business for over 140 years this company is incredibly scattered. There are some great management but others that have become too comfortable in their position and don't seem to show compassion toward their employees.
ADT trys to eleviate stress and bring fun through activities after work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, cocoa, and tea
Cons: Not enough time for breaks.
Productive and very strict atmosphere due to dealing with emergencies.
Typical day is quiet, almost too quiet! Restricted talking, very little opportunity to have fun.
Did learned how to handle emergency dispatch.
Very little opportunity to get to know co-workers.
Stressful environment
Not a employer I would recommend at this point.
EXISTING BASE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Auburn, MAMay 6, 2015
Very difficult company to work for as a sales rep. Straight commission with no salary. Commissions are paid upon job completion which can sometimes take several weeks. The bonus that a sales rep would receive for monthly production was also changed to jobs that were closed out during the month vs. what was actually sold during the month. This resulted in the loss of monthly bonus for a lot of reps and took their bonus out of their control and put it solely on the installation department and their ability to quickly get all installations done in a timely manner. The auto allowance was also changed and resulted in a pay cut for many reps including myself. Regular commission adjustments were also required with my position and it often took weeks for me to get paid my adjustments. To say that ADT makes it difficult to earn a living would be a huge understatement. I worked for the company for many years until recently and it is not even close to being the same company that I started with. They are also experiencing mass defections in my district with sales reps and managers alike. More than 8 managers have either quit or been let go in the last 2 years. They are also experiencing lots of customer service issues/billing issues. I would not recommend to anyone at this point to work for ADT in a sales capacity.
Productive, rewarding
Residential sales (Current Employee), New Mexico, CaliforniaMay 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: straight commission
Love being in the field meeting all kinds of people. Loving helping people protect the things that they love most. their families and homes. Love the flexibility and being able to work from home.
Best experience in corporte America for me!!
Ancillary Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: $$$
Cons: 30 minute lunches, compliance rules
The best experience with call center and sales thus far. Managers are easy to deal with and feedback is well received. Advancement is encouraged and greatly compensated. The easiest sales job ever!!!
Great job, Very nice people, started of as an installer and got promoted to sales
Installation Technician and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: #3 sales rep in the southwest region out of around 200 people .
Cons: Out of pocket gas money, had to do a lot of driving.
Getting up either installing alarm systems or selling them, learned a lot about different systems and peoples personalities was a great job and really loved it, co-workers were great, management was great. Crawling around in attics in Arizona in the summer time was definitely the hardest part of the job. meeting some really nice people was most enjoyable.
Review Summary
Inside / Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Numbers, numbers, numbers.
Inside and outside sales. You get out of it what you put in to it. Management is okay but typical sales environment. When making sales the paychecks are good, when not making sales then you suffer.
Corporation
Corporate Resale Associate (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAApril 29, 2015
Training is very thorough. Very flexible position. As long as you work closely with your supervisor you can make great gains personally and with the company.
Great Place
Director, Digital Marketing (Current Employee), FloridaApril 29, 2015
One of the best places to work with anywhere? entering dynamic industry with long term prospect. fast pace environment with an extensive national footprint.
A stressful and monotonous position.
Technical Support Rep - Full Time (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 25, 2015
There is a peak to the advancement. Constant changes that are not fully planned and leads to constant confusion on what to do with customer systems. The nature of the job is stressful and monotonous. If you enjoy talking with frustrated customers all day everyday then this is the job for you!
Caring Organization
LEAD HR BUSINESS PARTNER (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 20, 2015
The staff care about what they do- save lives. Still a young company that is moving into maturity. World class leader in the industry.
just no
Technician, Residential and Small Business (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 19, 2015
Just don't do it, please. Its a job yes, but they absolutely don't care if you die sitting in your chair or work van. Just avoid the company all together, its much better to start your carrier out with a dealer or even Comcast
Company full of changes and challenges
Licensing Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 14, 2015
A company always on the grow and advancing in technology each day. Had the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the industry. Great experience which taught me a lot of my skills sets that I use each day.
It has its ups and downs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 14, 2015
After working for ADT secrity and going door to door. You learn a lot about yourself. And being that it is commission based you really earn what you put out. It also depends on what time of the year it is.
Challenging and demanding environment with rewarding opportunities.
Regional Accounts Development Manager (Current Employee), Beaumont, 98April 14, 2015
Pros: Discounted home security...!!!
Cons: Commission Only...
This environment offers a variety of different types of clientele from Small Business to Residential settings. My day consists of running both company generated and self generated leads/appointments, as well as staying in close contact with the install technicians making sure everything is set for the install date. I also coordinate all special orders of equipment needed for the job. I've learned a great deal about safety and security while working in this capacity, as well as learning about each individual piece of equipment. I have a unique setting with my manager and co-workers, I am considered a remote sales rep. I only report in person to the Houston office once per month whereas everyone else is in the office daily. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to get the pricing where a customers budget allows all that they want in a system. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet all of my customers expectations through ADT and designing a custom system to meet their companies needs.

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Salaries