ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,959 reviews matching the search
What a joke...
Area Account Executive - Small Business (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 2, 2017
This place is a joke. No management displine and commission only where others are paying at least a base salary. Run away from this.
Pros
Schedule and benifits
Cons
Commission only, poor management
fun, flexible
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAOctober 20, 2016
commission only but you can earn a lot of money to catch up on a lot of bills. The hardest part of the job is trying to close each sale with all customers and driving far distances. But the compensation is reward able and meeting new people daily is awesome.
Pros
make lots of money
Cons
work long hours
A base Line of Inside Sales
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PADecember 2, 2016
This was a commission only position where I was trained to make Phone calls to prospective homeowners to sell Home Security units. The basis of inside sales was there, the culture and management unfortunately was not.
Confusing goals, stressful enviroment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2016
Very negative environment, never enough to meet and exceed goals, mostly a popularity contest, lacking benefits and none for management if you are not winning the popularity
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Not a family oriented company
Tech Assist - Tier II (TAG) (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYOctober 21, 2016
ADT is not a company that respects family values and do not provide flexibility. The salary, however, is comparable to most businesses and allows opportunities for advancement.
A rewarding and demanding field of work.
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22153June 11, 2016
I begin my workday at approximately 6:30 at the warehouse. I pick up the equipment I need for my assigned jobs. I leave the warehouse by 7:00 am and drive to the first customer's residence. Typically I do two jobs per day, each one lasting around 4 hours.
I usually finish my days work around 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm.
During the course of the day I help customers understand what work I will be performing in their homes and draw up the paperwork.
In order to install the security system I must work around the design of the house and the customers' specifications. I install and program the system. I troubleshoot any bugs or malfunctions. When I am finished with the installation I educate the customer system operation.
Pros
Work vehichle provided, fair compensation.
Cons
Long hours (frequent 12-hour shifts), excessive drive time (3-4 hours per day)
Volunteer efforts lacking now with new leadership
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I came from a culture that valued employees and valued the community that they were located. When I started, there was very little community involvement, especially in the billing department. Then about a year into working, the volunteer group was started to get more involved in the local community. Due to a change with the leadership this past year, the company is not focusing on the community. With this shift, I felt almost betrayed because of how much my community gave to me.
Great company when I started
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 26, 2016
Sales dropped and so budget cuts across the board. VP came in and leveled the playing field but management refused to follow it.
Pros
Great compensation plan if it was followed
Cons
Senior saled reps got all the business
your just a number, nothing more.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 7, 2016
Great pay if you can meet your sales quota of 12 units a month. There is no residual income what so ever. Was told during my forth year that something was in the works to pay territory reps a residual override for maintaining our customer base and growing it. That was a lie. Went through 4 regional managers, 5 district managers and 5 sales managers. You get the picture. ADT can't do fire/smoke protection under small business while other companies can. Lost a lot of business opportunities because of this. Averaged 14 hour days my first 3 years. 100% commission but the company tracks and micro manages you like an hourly or salary employee. Management can give away your company leads as well as your self generated leads that you were working if you can't close them quickly. I was with ADT for 6 years. The reason I stayed that long was because of my techs and the clients I became friends with because they chose ADT services because of me. Not a job for someone who has children or a needy spouse.
Pros
Great Commission, well known company
Cons
100% commission wage, company micromanages like your an hourly or salary employee, Can take your leads away from you and give to other reps after you worked them.
A wonderful experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheektowoga NYJune 20, 2016
ADT is great place to work and learn. Comprehensive training, great benefits plus 142 years of being the leader in both the Security and Surveillance Solutions. Excellent management and tech support with the latest technology.
Pros
The opportunity to meet new people everyday and to help with their needs and concerns.
Cons
an abundance of driving and long hours.
Great work environment and good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 20, 2016
I love the work environment at ADT. Everyone generally gets along great which makes the work week easier. Managers are always helpful and there's a growing sense of employee appreciation from activities and free lunch & give aways to an Xbox and various other games in the break room. Benefits are good as well. The only downside is the nature of most of the calls. Even though this is to be expected with any customer service position, at ADT it's magnified by the fact that we deal with customer's security. Depending on the shift, call volume can be extremely heavy. If ADT is not your dream job company, opt for emergency dispatch operator if given the choice. Overall the company is nice and pay is pretty good for entry-level positions in this area.
Pros
Good teams and environment, helpful management
Cons
Customer service can be overwhelming
Nice office
ADT Customer Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 18, 2016
I was in the training period, before I left to further my career. But the time I was there, management was very helpful in teaching.
Pros
Nice big lunch room with games
Cons
pay is very low
quiet and safe environment
Hybrid EDO/CSG2 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here at the time, but time got hard when i lost my home. i was supposed to graduate from the training class but life goes on. everyday i dealt with many different situations from clients or customers life or death. Ive learned that i must put myself in the clients or customers shoes, have sympathy, and put the people first. I love working with people from all walks of life here. i dealt with customers that were mean,cruel, and nice.
Pros
fun events at the job bbq cook outs
Cons
short breaks were like 15 or 10 minutes depending on the management team
Great place with great people.
At Risk Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 28, 2016
For anybody looking for a fun fast-paced environment. Great management and compensation, and the ability to assist in saving lives.
No Career Advancement
Operations Support Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2016
Overall stable company but frequent turnover in executive leadership creates confusion at the field level. Frequent reorganizations prevents real progress from being made.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
below industry average pay in operations, little advancement, frequent restructuring
Busy work place
Security Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2017
As an ADT Securities technician we visit two to three customers every work day to do full instals, service or upgrades of alarm systems.
I was able to learn to communicate with customers and fulfill their needs, although sometimes it was a challenge because sometimes our customers needed extra attention.
Some of my current friends I met during my employment there.
Pros
Very good benefits and camaradery
Cons
Long driving hours
Well known name in the industry
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 28, 2016
Call on customers, network and cold call for new customer, I learned how to design systems and design camera's system. I also learned how to design Access control and some Fire. Overall management was good and helpful. Co workers were like minded and helpful. The hardest part of the job, was designing a job without mistake in the early years. The most enjoyable was designing system that helped business customer see a return on their investment.
Pros
Well known name in the industry
Cons
Very few leads
High productivty, high stress and low pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2016
The work is fast paste and you dont get the opportunity to appreciate the things you do for the customers without it being frowned upon by management of course there is plenty of repeated calls that should be one call resolutions but because of the way customers are handled they hang up and call back because the previous rep did not take the time with them. When you walk in the door in the morning you want to walk right back out.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches. No time to breath
Things have gone downhill
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32224August 26, 2016
I worked at ADT for years starting in billing then becoming a retention rep. When I went to retention, the pay was amazing with a great monthly bonus but over time things have gotten worse and worse. They push unrealistic goals upon their employees now that make things completely miserable, and have become so strict and micromanaging with a new script that they try to force upon everyone. Also, it's near impossible to change your shift. I finally got the courage to quit because I could tell that the changes were only going to get worse, and being acquired by another company would contribute to that.
Pros
Pay, amazing coworkers, 20 days paid vacation
Cons
management that only cares about numbers, unachievable stats, micromanaging
Exceptional Benefits
Corporate Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Exceptional benefits package to include Tuition Reimbursement, Medical, 401k plan. Good Schedule and excellent merit raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval