ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

FSC SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2018
My typical day at work is challenging, everyday you learn something new. Nice environment to work in peers are nice and helpful. My manager is fair and promotes feedback that will encourage you to meet your goals. There is nothing hard about customer service, I find it rewarding meeting different people eveyday.
Lots of work for hardly any pay
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 2, 2018
This place was a joke. They are all for themselves and making money at the corporate level. The customers were never right and managers were very hard on you if you made a mistake.
great company to work for excluding management
Emergency dispatch operator (Former Employee) –  knoxville, tnJanuary 2, 2018
enjoyed working as an emergency dispatch operator The team that i worked with were very great people. Learned a lot about customer service duties and responsibilities. Management was very cold hearted.
Pros
free lunches, tee shirts
Cons
management was terrible
Has its good and bad moments
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 2, 2018
Decent pay but you are expected to do more than your what your role usually entails. Culture is pretty lax. Difficult to advance in certain departments. Not much room for movement.
Sales Associate/ installer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The job helped me install an sell alarm systems helping me with my salesmanship an email electric work it is a good place for young people to get there feet wet in the work industry
management regularly told staff that they were replaceable
Residential Resale Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2018
no appreciation of employees. advancement was based on how much management liked you, not related to work effort or performance. pay was minimal but was also commission based.
Great money for single person.
Qualifier/Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2018
It was good money for me and I had a son. Secure environment to work in and good people. Your breaks are practically on time unless you're caught on a call and you have to be back on time.
Excellent collaboration with peers!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2018
I was tasked with cultivating new business within the small business community in Northern Kentucky. I learned a lot from my manager and peers as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working with them to secure their businesses while increasing profitability as well.
Pros
Collaborative management
Cons
Pay vs work completed
the best part of my job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2018
The best part of my job, was helping people. So many times I was having to help people after the had a break-in, and that was difficult. But the other times helping people before a break-in was just as rewarding .
Fast-paced ever changing call center
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 30, 2017
ADT provides self-growth for individuals Excellent starting pay. Most people will come in, take inbound or make outbound phone calls dependent upon your role. Inbound is technical support, outbound is alarm calling. It is an excellent culture, with Team Managers that will help give you the tools necessary to complete your job. They strongly belief in 70/30 coaching; having the agent determine what they could have done better as opposed to providingyou with a list of deficiencies. The hardest part of the job is sitting down all day, and occasionally being yelled at for situations beyond your control. The most enjoyable part of the job are people that you work with, along with the culture that ADT provides.
Pros
paid breaks, frequent free food, events/activities, self-growth, career opportunities
Cons
rising healthcare (but probably anywhere), repetitious, attendance strictness
Saving up for Christmas Money job
Outside Sales / Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 29, 2017
I took the job to save up extra money for Christmas. I knocked on doors with the intent to book an appointment for an ADT security salesman/installer to come to the home at a later date. The worst part of the job was walking the neighborhoods in very cold weather, best part was getting paid.
what is this
Alarm Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2017
ADT in the DFW area treat us like mess.They always tracking you wont let you do your job you get a pat on the back for doing a good job.. I had been with ADT for almost 20 yrs and when they did that merge with P1 it just went downhill from there. Use to be a fun place to work but not anymore.
Friendly people
Telecommunication sales (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 29, 2017
Good Place Overall, took and made calls, upsell and important to know how to sell and work hard. I enjoy working hard and allowing my boss to not have anything to worry about with me.
n/a
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 28, 2017
The system was very easy to learn and the hot keys where a big help to make my work as smooth as possible. A typical work day included, clocking in and answering the phone to assist the tech with setting up a system in a customers home and making sure the system was working and safe. Giving a conformation number when everything was set up correctly.
review
CUSTOMER SERVICE/TECH SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYDecember 28, 2017
hardest part of the job is the customers and meeting company standards. it is a call center job enjoyable part is the team you work with they make the day go by.
Too much travel
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 27, 2017
Sink or swim culture. Insensitive environment. One year salary plus commision. They constantly change commision grid to suit Company.
They undermine outsales people. They advertise $28 a month but salespeople are not allowed to sell at that price cos they will not make any commision.
was great til partnered with protection 1
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2017
Had great comp plan and manager. New ownership changed all of that. Threatened all jobs of Adt employees eventually taking most of them. Would have stayed for life before this
Fsc
Data Integrity Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 26, 2017
Great Managers
Great schedules
Flexible hours
Vacations at 60 days of hire
Medical at 30 days of hire
Collaboration and team work
Other team member make the job easier and enjoyable
Big bag seats, Nice desk space
Field Support/Center Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 26, 2017
Kind of a busy start to the day calls for the most part one after another. I learned how to deal with stress out techs and help them problem solve around there problem. As well be friendly, handle things in a timely manner and use my resources. Just taking calls back to back when it would get busy or one of our systems would go down.
Could be great...
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 26, 2017
By far the most cut-throat organization I've ever worked for, and it's very normal at ADT. The ADT Dealer channel by far is the most unethical and it runs all the way through the Sales Channel. Could be a great place to build a sales career IF you weren't spending so much time trying to protect your customers from being stolen from the Call Center sales team. ADT doesn't care whatsoever about this part of the dirty sales practice. Very sad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.