ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,130 reviews matching the search
ADT sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2017
Don't do it its a scam. Commission only jobs that's door to door always are. Someone even threaten to call cops if I didn't leave area. Also dogs run loose their.
no salary
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2017
no base pay ,learned a lot about alarms, management expects free labor, office personnel was great, sales team gets along well, door knocking,freedom.
Pros
lots of freedom during the day
Cons
no base pay
Very high volume but fun work place. Only the strong survive! :)
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2017
Adt provides the experience you need to advance on to new things. Teaches you new ways on how to deal with customer rebuttal and how to work well with change. Not just with company policy, but also with every different customers needs. Daily prizes provided incentive to do better. Management worked well with sales associates. And of course the commission check made you feel most successful!
Pros
We did get an occassional free lunch. Pizza or subs.
Cons
Not much opportunity to transition higher.
Not a good place to work
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 21, 2017
Manager in charge of my department did not have a clue about what he was doing. They did not treat there employees with respect and there was no appreciation for the job done.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
Nice training.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 20, 2017
Sales is commission based only, after three months.
A lot of the people who work there are really nice and fun.
The Holiday party and the Training Trip were outstanding.
Pros
Great Dental, Medical
Friendly Workplace, Great team atmosphere. Great customer care vision
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2017
Fantastic benefits, including tuition reimbursement. Room for job advancements. Thorough and effective hands on training. Readily available resources to do your job.
Pros
Good benefits. Great opportunity for entry level sales
Cons
they are making it more difficult to make good money and nobody knows what's going on
See below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced and most efficient. Between inside and outside personnel, the office staffed just over 300 Team Members. I learned that by being a hard working, caring individual, others trusted they could come to me with personal matters. Management was fair. With being a branch office in a nationwide corporation, hands were somewhat tied. The workplace culture was diversified. Most everyone got along, nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind. I can't say there really was a hard part to the duties I was assigned. The most enjoyable part of my job was the way in which everyone on the administrative staff worked and helped each other to "get the job done".
Pros
Health benefits, paid vacation and sick time
Cons
Merging many other alarm companies, having to cut back personnel
Good review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
It was interesting working there. I felt welcomed. The team is run very well. The people hired are pleasant people. I think its a great place to work. I hope you like it too.
Irving has slow internet
Quality Assurance Specialist/Tester (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2017
Irving office has pretty slow internet. So often work flow is disrupted because of environment issues. Few servers used which causes constant changing of configuration.
Not for everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 19, 2017
This company is in a transition and should not be hiring new sales people until they know which direction they are going. In house sales training was not organized or structured
horrible place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
Terrible management, terrible work culture. I wouldn't suggest working there. It was the worst company I have ever worked for. They used to discriminate against employees and treat one person one way and someone else completely different.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
everything else
na
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 17, 2017
working for adt was an awesome experience, I was able to help people in there time of need. The job gave me a sense of hope that i was preventing trouble from our customers
Back stabbing, under cutting co-workers
Residential Resale Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2017
Put together cards for mail outs, make preset lists for mailers and door knocking and phone calls.
Check for national set appointments to run. Attempt to book an appointment per day.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
Antiqainted system and lead sources. Training and support.
An amazing culture and experience
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 16, 2017
I have loved working at ADT. The people I have worked with over the last nine years have made it a wonderful environment. The company is customer and employee focused and moving forward in the security industry at a rapid pace.
Pros
Great Benefits, competitive pay
Good People
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2017
Career advancement is limited. I enjoy the people that I work with and learning new and different parts of the business. I would appreciate more work life balance.
Inbound sales calls
Sales (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2017
Receive in bound calls to help customers make decisions on upgrading security systems and handling customer service calls from many different departments.
Pros
45min lunch two 15min breaks
Cons
under micromanagement
Avoid if possible
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2017
At ADT they really make you work for every dime. On the one hand, if you're a workaholic or identify as some kind of beast of burden, you'll make bank and have a fruitful career working here. On the other, if those don't apply to you, you'll have a few exhausting but fulfilling months, maybe a year or two, before you either become totally numb and are just working to keep your stats meeting their brutal criteria, or you're driven to leave.
The workload is insurmountable. They're understaffed and prefer hiring loads of fresh bodies to fill chairs over improving working conditions to actually keep people long term. Management is never satisfied with your work, always telling you that you could be doing more. A good day consists of only getting cussed out by one or two hateful, entitled customers. At least you can commiserate with your coworkers and even sometimes your immediate managers to find out that nearly everyone there is as unhappy as you are.
If you don't have any other choice, go ahead and give it a shot. But don't stop looking for better opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, faux friendly environment
Cons
Insatiable management, near-impossible workload
Advanced Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 13, 2017
Great place to work. Very flexible work hours, Friendly staff, AMAZING PAY AND BENEFITS. Not a good convenient location but ok with the Pay. Great for advancement, maybe I should have stayed.
Horrible place to work
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2017
Years ago they were a great company. Now it is the worst poorly managed company in the world. The Rochester location has horrendous upper management. They don't care about their employees. Everyone is micro managed and the rules change minute by minute. Don't let their nice looking facility fool you. They say they are all about a professional culture yet they hire so many unprofessional unqualified people that negatively impact the work environment
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Stressful environment with management breathing down your back
pays very well and great benifits
Field Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 10, 2017
Its not so much customer service (in aurora Colorado) as it is talking to co-workers (techs that call in from jobs). its low stress and im happy. the only thing I don't like is the drive (distance from my house).
Pros
Benifits, Pay and Low stress
Cons
Managment is always busy, not around a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.