ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Impossible if you need to earn a living
Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 10, 2018
see above, if you actually need to earn a living a small stipend is provided for about 4 months, then job goes to straight commission.some leads are provided but not enough qualified leads are made available to make straight commission structure work.
Pros
good health insurance available
Bad job
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
THis is a call center job and a very bad one. THere is always so much gossip and immaturity , they watch you all the time and can barley take breakss
Nothing but a number
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
ADT thought they could simply take over a company, change everything that company was doing that made them successful, and it would all work out. It's funny how the chiefs know better than everyone else and how quickly they can destroy something that took years to achieve. So if you're the type of sales rep that likes to "hit and run", that doesn't believe in building and sustaining relationships with your customers, and doesn't care if your new customers hate your guts, then this is the job for you!
Pros
My manager was not a micro manager
Cons
back stabbing, undercutting by other reps, no protected territories or accounts, even though you're told you have protected accounts, higher pricing that all of the competition
Great job
Accounts Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Great job, to grow, to learn, very good work environment. Very competitive. Was able to meet new people. Management was very attentive to their employees and helped out as best as the could, great benefits. Too bad I had to relocate if not I would still be there.
Great culture and manager
Small Business Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Sales manager is very supportive and the company invests a great deal on it's sales representative training as well as providing support when needed across the board.
You better be hungry
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Any type of 100% commission job takes a high level of drive to get out and sell. The biggest issue I had with the company is they restructured the compensation plan 3x within a year and half and running the sales I made under the most recent formula resulted in a $30,000 reduction in pay. Not to mention that if you do have success they will immediately cut your area in 1/3 or more by adding a bunch of other sales reps in that location. It is very cutthroat, our office had about an 85% turnover rate within 3 years.
Pros
Flexibility to run your own book of business, good brand recognition, decent training program, some really good managers
Cons
Some really bad managers, greedy, got worse as time went on...
Good Work Place
Residential Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Very good work environment with good co workers and very nice customers who make my job pleasant when the managers and staff set up my visit making the customers friendly
Pros
good work hours
Cons
poor communication with management
It is what you make of it.
Regional Sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2018
The expectation of the ADT Management TEAM is that everyone gives their all and if you do give your all then you will be a success at ADT. I truly enjoyed working with ADT.

The ability to help a family sleep better at night or feel good about being away from their home is gratifying. ADT gave me the opportunity to do just that.

Helping others grow their career and make a good living is also very gratifying. ADT gave me the opportunity to do just that.

Arriving at work with the expectation of having a good day is gratifying. ADT gave me just that.

Going to do a job where you know you are going to make a difference in the lives of others is very gratifying. ADT gave me just that.

My sincere gratitude to all the TEAMs I worked for, with and helped build. You made me proud.
Pros
Lots of opportunitiy
Cons
I grow as an individual too fast.
ok
Outbound and Inbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Minimal space for advancement even though that is what they promote. People there that have been in same entry position for 10+ years. Hard to speak to HR/Management
poor management
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Working for adt in phoenix was a great experience. Got pay well

Working in austin tx was a disaster working same hrs making half of the salary.

I guess I was not part of the club.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Bad managment
Good job.
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Overall the job was good, just wasn't much opportunity for advancement. It was a competitive company, striving to do better and improve on numbers each quarter and year.
Ethically questionable - Communication to Customer weak
SA (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Customer service gets you in the door that’s it. Then you install The panel without a complete and honest financial agreement from the customer. It’s nit about protection it’s about getting the job in the ground!
Pros
Hours and money
Cons
No set schedule. Impossible to plane your personal time
Terrible management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 7, 2018
Operational Manager had very limited experience, and was not competent. Very unprofessional with both employees and customers. Wouldn't accept input from anyone else in the company.
Review
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2018
Management was paid on stick count versus the rep who was paid on dollars sold. Had management sneaking around selling accounts for basically free. Was a stop gap. No way to make any real money when youre selling pennies.
Very productive environment
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2018
I loved the emergency operator role, very simple and straightforward. Customer Service was a breeze, I loved speaking with people that had issues and solving their problems.

The only thing was that bathroom breaks were frowned upon if one happened to suffer from digestive upsets.

Also, the training class was effective but run like a circus or a high school. There was considerable racism towards whites and Latinos.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some trainers are very unprofessional.
Stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Stressful, system goes down too much, always was the last to know about changes. It was pleasant to work there at the beginning and then it got really bad.
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
Just didn't care for ot
Great work environment.
Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I worked there a longtime ago, but it was a good job. I had a lot of friends there, and my supervisor was great, however, there was very little room for advancement.
Just about everything except sales
2 years Customer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Gave a good part of my life to company. Was a good company to work for then. Not sure now. Management and supervisory was good during my time. Liked what I did.
Pros
Everything or I would have left a lot sooner
Cons
Outside and dirty work then.
ADT has definitely changed after merging with Protection One
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
ADT was a great place to work until they started bringing in new management. It then became a "every person must fend for themselves" work environment. Would not recommend anyone to work here. Pretty soon they won't need sales reps anymore.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, management
ok place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Not really much to say about this place, it has its days and storms not really a people place to learn from seems like everyone was just to themselves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings