ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

great starter
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 13, 2015
great training, get an ipad, plus have cell phone and gas alloted. tuff getting more customers lots of cheaper competition.
1099 commission
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2015
door to door, cold cal selling in residential neighborhoods. Was forced to push customers into buying our services and proudcts.
decisoins for compnay are not well thought out
Home Owner Association Rep. Devcon (Former Employee), Hollywood, FL.January 13, 2015
the co workers were awesome , Management however was very poor, the employees were not listened to at all for ideas on how to make their working days less stressful.
unsatisfactory culture
Commercial Service Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: poor culture, unprofessional leadership
ADT has very bad management. lame implementation of modern business methods - ie, LEAN and 6-Sigma are merely window-dressing in this company at the branch level.

Branch personnel are entrenched in personal – more... drama, nepotism, and sophomoric clique-behavior. Very unprofessional business culture in Tempe, AZ.

You will not encounter any educated technical staff at branch level - it is an intellectual wasteland. – less
Installation, Troubleshoot, Repair Alarm Systems
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: analizing and repairing system problems
Cons: long days and a clueless management
Typical day started 7 am. Received jobs on hand held device.
Traveled to job sites trouble shoot alarm systems and repaired as needed.
Learned that there are a lot of deferent types of alarm systems out – more... there and there programming is quite different.
It was fun to learn about the different systems and reason through how to repair them.
The hardest part of the job was to be thrown into a situation where I knew nothing about a particular alarm system and was told to hurry up and fix it and get to the next job.
People who know nothing about electronics or programming should not be in charge of people who do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was analyzing a problem, narrowing down the possibilities and eliminating them until the solution is found and the system back to being fully functional. – less
This company paid well and had great position advancement in the company.
Emergency Dispatch Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2015
This is a good company with great pay and advancement. I had a break in working for the company for a few months because I went out of country but came back and got in due to a great unit manager who is with the company.
Well run company
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: awesome leadership at the corporate level
Cons: no cons...
I enjoyed working at ADT a lot because for the most part the company runs like a fine tuned machine and the true leadership of the company is constantly looking for the best ways to make sales peoples – more... jobs easier; which is great!

I learned a lot about the values of ADT, security alarms, cameras and card access.

The company may want to invest a little more time developing the integrity of the sales managers because they play an important role in the process of grooming talent (so to speak) as well as the functioning liaison between the regional managers, the feet-on-the-streets and actual customers. It's obviously a delicate balance and crucial for keeping a team together.

Co-Workers are co-workers; you have good ones and bad ones. I learned its okay to be friends and do volunteer work with co-workers that share the same interests as you, but just because you work for a security company doesn't mean you should ever let your guard down.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to stop working, go home and get some rest.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping small business owners provide a safe place for their employees to work using established best practices and, of course, protecting their assets. – less
unproductive and not fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: schedules, job security, stressful, non smoking
great place to work if ur only in need of a paycheck.. alot of nice people working there but the job itself is non stop back to back calls from angry customers
ADT
Account service associate (Current Employee), jacksonville FlJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: no room for advancement
ADT is good for a entry level position. the mangers are the worst, they don't want to help you. now that I have my customer service experience I am leaving.
Horrible experience
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee), Rochester, NyJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great communication with team members
Cons: filthy place to work
Lack of management, facilities were so dirty that OSHA was actually contacted before the company took steps to clean up the facility, making it a safer place to work.
Processor I (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: get paid weekly
Cons: very difficult to take time off, not willing to be flexible
Learned how to process contracts and became more familiar with using SAP software.
Meeting great co-workers and customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare, shifts and my meeting nice customers
Cons: short breaks, no recognition for a great job
I enjoyed getting up on a daily basis coming to work. I enjoyed my co-workers. My typical day at ADT was very stressful but I learned to navigate my day by always smiling. I've learned a lot from working – more... at ADT. I learned the different technical issues of having an alarm the Pros and Cons of an alarm system. I learned how to deal with hostile customers and how to takeover the situation and not let the customer takeover the situation. I've learned to always put yourself in the customers situation as it was you. The most enjoyable moment is when I had a very irate customer and once we was ending the call he said to me "Thank you Sabrina for helping me and I do apologize for yelling at you and that made my day because I calmed the customer and made the customer happy. – less
good job
Outbound Operator (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: not flexible with schedule
learned basic customer service skills, handling software
unprofessional and horrible customer service
Account Executive (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no job security, work detail constanty changes
One of the worst jobs I've ever had, very unprofessional and unethical. Poor management and absolutely no leadership skills from any one at the company.
Productive work environment
Installation Project Manager (Current Employee), Lanham, MDDecember 30, 2014
Pros: open schedule
Cons: healthcare and work/life balance
Great environment for learning. Unfortunately, there is nor enough room for growth in this environment.
Low stress, mediocre pay
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 29, 2014
Excellent benefits, very understanding of work/life balance. Little opportunity to advance past middle manager. Very stable position but don't expect to expand your skill set.
Cool Job
Productivity Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: extended lunches, great pay
Typical Day at Work is Fun and Busy at the same time
Co-Workers are awesome to work with, and the staff are great
Hardest part of the job is NOTHING
The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with the customers and helping solve the situations
Professional call center/office environment
Technical Support, Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henrietta NYDecember 26, 2014
A typical work day consisted of logging into computers systems on time taking inbound calls providing solutions to customer inquiries. I learned how to provide step by step over the phone to solutions – more... to malfunctioning equipment, I learned the proper emergency dispatching procedure when an alarm is in progress. The management was enjoyable very helpful to my work performance. My co workers and I got along pretty well we formed friendships that allowed my time at work to be equally productive as well as enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was memorizing proper trouble shooting procedures for specific system but with time and training it became very manageable. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was helping in saving lives. – less
Top 5 worst companies to work for
Customer Service Agent, Order Processor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 24, 2014
training is horrible and rushed into workload, unable to receive any guidance from management. the workload and pay from this company do not equal out. very low paying. will hire from outside instead of hiring from within. not a place to have a career
Somewhat slow but I loved the job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: i did such a great job, i was chosen to get my picture taken for the magazine
Cons: cant think of anything
- A typical day was notifying residents and businesses about a fire, police or medical alarm that I received

- I learned how to operate ADT computer systems and programs
- Management was wonderful
- Co-workers was wonderful
- The hardest part of the job.... It wasn't hard
- The Most enjoyable part of the job was everything I loved working for the company...

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Salaries